Softbank news: The Sharp Aquos Crystal is stunning and U.S. bound

jonathanm1978

Any word on when this phone will be available for sale? I was hoping by the end of Aug.  My little brother is in need of a new phone (again) and needs something that won't break the bank.  I'm thinking this will be pry the best budget, tri-band phone available. 

Any word on when this phone will be available for sale? I was hoping by the end of Aug.  My little brother is in need of a new phone (again) and needs something that won't break the bank.  I'm thinking this will be pry the best budget, tri-band phone available. 

Still nothing online, and I can't find anymore info on a release day yet.  :(

• Like 1

I signed up for the email updates on Sprint's product page for this phone, but they haven't sent anything yet. It's curious that they haven't tried to hype it up since the unveiling.

Edit: As soon as I hit post, a Sprint email arrived in inbox, but it was about the LG G3  :(

Where is phone :(

Then, who was phone?

AJ

• Like 1

This phone is going to be forgotten and obsolete by the time it comes out.  What gives? Wouldn't it have been wise to get this pushed out prior to the iPhone release? (And the subsequent price drops of the 5S and 5C models)

If the next Nexus comes to Sprint next month, that might just kill this phone, assuming they stick with the previous pricing for the Nexus line.

This phone is going to be forgotten and obsolete by the time it comes out. What gives? Wouldn't it have been wise to get this pushed out prior to the iPhone release? (And the subsequent price drops of the 5S and 5C models)

Can't wait to see this phone. Disappointing it's been almost a month since the introduction and not a single peep.

To me the interesting part is that within days of the announcement Japan began to sell the device. Why can it be sold so soon and not in the US.

If the next Nexus comes to Sprint next month, that might just kill this phone, assuming they stick with the previous pricing for the Nexus line.

Just like Sprint is releasing the LG G3 Vigor and the HTC Desire 510 on September 19. In the midst of the iPhone launch, they will be primarily long forgotten phones too.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Just like Sprint is releasing the LG G3 Vigor and the HTC Desire 510 on September 19. In the midst of the iPhone launch, they will be primarily long forgotten phones too.

These phones don't compete with iPhones. They are not designed to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

These phones don't compete with iPhones. They are not designed to.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Understand, just alluding to the obscurity part of it.

• Like 1

and that's the problem.  

I do not think there are many manufacturers out there that get it. They way i see it is if you announce a device today, you better make sure it is available either at that moment or at least not more than a week away. The longer you wait, the longer it fades away from the potential buyers memory.

As for the Aquos, Sharp being that they are getting back into the game and selling their phones stateside, they should have been ready to sell them the moment the device was announced. But alas, they wait and wait. We wait and wait and eventually it fades away while other devices come into view (sometimes with better specs, looks etc). 

TS

• Like 2

and that's the problem.  

I do not think there are many manufacturers out there that get it. They way i see it is if you announce a device today, you better make sure it is available either at that moment or at least not more than a week away. The longer you wait, the longer it fades away from the potential buyers memory.

As for the Aquos, Sharp being that they are getting back into the game and selling their phones stateside, they should have been ready to sell them the moment the device was announced. But alas, they wait and wait. We wait and wait and eventually it fades away while other devices come into view (sometimes with better specs, looks etc). 

TS

This would be a great back up phone. Or even a phone for kids.... specifically because of the price range and the fact it's off contract.

They should've done everything they could to try and release this phone before the iPhone 6 was announced. Now, they may have just lost a lot of customers who were either holding off on their upgrade, or needed an okay phone to last them until they have their 2 year. This thing probably would've sold like wildfire on virgin and boost. Such wasted potential on this phone.

• Like 1

My interest is that it be a phone for my kids. I have no interest in spending $1k plus for 2 phones to be lost, broken, or stolen. This phone would be awesome. Now, I may look at other mid range phones to be released soon for them.

Sprint Store is down. I'm wondering if it's just iPhone business or if they are adding other phones...

That or general maintenance. Is My Sprint down too?

Still nothing online, and I can't find anymore info on a release day yet.  :(

Kind of a shame. Sprint officially announced this phone one month ago.  Being it is a good looking and solid device at a steal-of-a-price, I think it would go over quite well if customers could couple it with the $100 20 Gig Family Share plan they are offering now.