HTC One E8

transitwatch889

Looks like a good device, but today's gadget spam has gotten out of control. Thanks Samsung.

• Like 1

Staff has been aware of this device for the last several weeks.  Its authorizations hit the FCC OET in late July.  We just were unsure what it would be named.

AJ

So got on YouTube this morning

Yeah, it is an m8 shaped like an m7 and in plastic but internals are all the same as the m8. I don't even think this device will be coming to the US though. 

Staff has been aware of this device for the last several weeks.  Its authorizations hit the FCC OET in late July.  We just were unsure what it would be named.

AJ

The htc device that passed through the FCC I think might be a different device, more along the lines of the "desire" series of htc phones which is a slight step down from this. I don't think the E8 is coming to the US.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess it would have helped if I had actually watched the video. I stand corrected.

IYeah, it is an m8 shaped like an m7 and in plastic but internals are all the same as the m8. I don't even think this device will be coming to the US honestly.

The htc device that passed through the FCC I think might be a different device, more along the lines of the "desire" series of phones which is a slight step down from this. I don't think the E8 is coming to the US.

That is a Sprint video on YouTube featuring the E8. So yes, it is coming to the states.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The plastic on that thing looks too glossy and slippery to me.  I tend to use my devices without a case.  I haven't dropped a phone of mine in many years (*knock on wood*).

This device looks like the backplate will resemble the G2's in how slick it is.  But...  The M8 in a plastic shell with the same internals?  Could be a RF beast seeing how the M8 holds its own...

That is a Sprint video on YouTube featuring the E8. So yes, it is coming to the states.

Yeah, I suppose it would have helped if I had actually watched the video, LOL.

Lol. ;)

I know the desire series of htc phones will be coming to the US but I didn't think the E8 would have made it. If this is priced just right they should be able to move quite a few of these.

The plastic on that thing looks too glossy and slippery to me.

A dark matte finish is also supposed to be available -- at least, it is on international HTC One E8 variants.

AJ

I guess that wasn't meant to be seen by the public took them long enough to figure it out that it was uploaded publicly

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty much the same as the M8, only plastic and has a higher Mp camera. Only thing I can think of as far as the adoption of this phone is that everyone had already( who wants htc phones) has bought a M8 and dose not see spending money to buy a phone that's just like the one they have. Just my opinion, I loved my M8 and if the E8 was out at the time I may have reconsidered witch I would have gotten. I would recommend this to someone looking for a good phone though.

• Like 1

Wow, very little response to this phone so far. I thought everyone one was itching for a M8 with a higher megapixel camera without a duo camera. Interesting...

Mega Pixels means nothing when it comes to the quality of the photo.  In every comparison, the camera on the m8 kills the camera on the E8.  Most just refuse to give the camera on the M8 any credit.  It takes fantastic photos, its only when you feel the need to crop is when you run into quality issues.

• Like 1

Mega Pixels means nothing when it comes to the quality of the photo. In every comparison, the camera on the m8 kills the camera on the E8. Most just refuse to give the camera on the M8 any credit. It takes fantastic photos, its only when you feel the need to crop is when you run into quality issues.

The M8 takes great pictures, like you said the only way you get into trouble is zooming in. When I went and bout tires for my MX-5 I took a picture of them to send to my dad, then when I had to get his tires for his truck I took a picture with my S5 at the time. And to be honest the M8 looked more sharp, but when needing to take a picture and zoom it on it the S5 wins every time, other than that the M8 wins imo.
  • Like 1

So, if I read this correctly, the E8 is a plastic version of the M8, but it's the size of the M7? Does that mean M7 accessories would fit it?

It is not the same size as the M7. It is nearly identical to the M8.

HTC One E8 146.42 x 70.67 x 9.85 mm

HTC One M8 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It is not the same size as the M7. It is nearly identical to the M8.

HTC One E8 146.42 x 70.67 x 9.85 mm

HTC One M8 146.36 x 70.6 x 9.35 mm

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Oh!  Interesting.  I was at a Sprint store yesterday and wanted to check it out but they didn't have one on display.

So, if I read this correctly, the E8 is a plastic version of the M8, but it's the size of the M7? Does that mean M7 accessories would fit it?

The shape is slightly different. The back of the E8 is sloped down at the top and bottom in addition to the sides (M8 is only the sides).

I wonder how that affects the way it rests on a flat surface

It will wobble slightly like the m7 and m8 on flat surfaces.