Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dnicekid

Why do people have hardons for metal phones?

I guess it makes them feel like the money they spent on the phone is worth it. I've had both metal and plastic. Honestly I care more about if the phone works good, looks I could care less about to a point. My old Droid X2 was a beast, never had a case and didn't have a scratch or Crack after 2 years of use. My M7 was a but less durable, few scratches and a hairline Crack across the screen at the top.

RF performance is the most important aspect of a phone.

I agree but to manufacturers I'd say marketability is, and I'd quest most consumers don't know what rf is. So it's a fine balance of performance and appearance for high end devices. I just hope the gn4 leans towards performance.

Sent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

Why do people have hardons for metal phones?

Why do people buy luxury automobiles?  A Le Car will get them from place to place.

vosr5_renault_lecar_greg1.jpg

AJ

I agree but to manufacturers I'd say marketability is, and I'd quest most consumers don't know what rf is. So it's a fine balance of performance and appearance for high end devices. I just hope the gn4 leans towards performance.

Sent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

More bars.

Why do people buy luxury automobiles?  A Le Car will get them from place to place.

vosr5_renault_lecar_greg1.jpg

AJ

Typically, luxury cars aren't inhibiting performance or compensate for that inhibition in some way (bigger engine, more turbos, etc.).

Typically, luxury cars aren't inhibiting performance or compensate for that inhibition in some way (bigger engine, more turbos, etc.).

No, they do.  Luxury automobiles typically carry more size and weight than what is necessary, thus inhibiting gas mileage.  But people still buy luxury automobiles because of the way they look and feel.

AJ

No, they do.  Luxury automobiles typically carry more size and weight than what is necessary, thus inhibiting gas mileage.  But people still buy luxury automobiles because of the way they look and feel.

AJ

Oh, I guess I never really care about gas mileage anyway.

From a posting on sammobile it seems like the note 4 might launch on Oct 10. Still over a month away :-(

Welcome to S4GRU!  :welcome: 

The Sprint Galaxy Note 3 launched on October 4th last year, so it's not too surprising.  <_< 

I'm going to wait a few weeks for feedback and AJs rf performance review of the FCC documents before I make up my mind. Knox took off a few points when Samsung added it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Isn't that date for overseas?

Lets see the actual dates for the previous models...

Note # - Announced FCC Docs  Sprint sells

Note 2 - 09/19/2012 10/02/2012 10/25/2012 (36 days)

Note 3 - 09/04/2013 09/11/2013 10/04/2013 (30 days)

Note 4 - 09/03/2014 

The 10th would make that 37 days since announcement which falls around the usual timeframe but it an be anywhere from the 26th of Sept (30 days) to the 10th (37 days).

But something tells me that Sprint will hold up until the other carriers mention their prices and then will undercut them by $50 so I feel it could actually be the 17th of Oct a week later than everyone else.

TS

But something tells me that Sprint will hold up until the other carriers mention their prices and then will undercut them by $50 so I feel it could actually be the 17th of Oct a week later than everyone else.

Sprint charged $50 more than the other carriers with the Galaxy Note 3, at least on upgrades.

I guess it makes them feel like the money they spent on the phone is worth it. I've had both metal and plastic. Honestly I care more about if the phone works good, looks I could care less about to a point. My old Droid X2 was a beast, never had a case and didn't have a scratch or Crack after 2 years of use. My M7 was a but less durable, few scratches and a hairline Crack across the screen at the top.

I would much rather have a water resistant phone over an aluminum phone. If the aluminum doesn't impact the signal I think it is a nice feature; because the only place on my Note 2 with scratches is on the sides.

• Like 1

I would much rather have a water resistant phone over an aluminum phone. If the aluminum doesn't impact the signal I think it is a nice feature; because the only place on my Note 2 with scratches is on the sides.

Is the replaceable battery incompatible with being water resistant? I really used battery swapping a lot on my Note 2. It would seem the battery contacts corrosion when damp would be a problem.

Is the replaceable battery incompatible with being water resistant? I really used battery swapping a lot on my Note 2. It would seem the battery contacts corrosion when damp would be a problem.

The S5 is water resistant and has a removable battery.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Yeah, I'm disappointed with the lack of water resistance. I was all ready to upgrade.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1