Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dnicekid

So do we know yet whether the Note 4 supports the CCA/RRPP bands yet?

Yes and no.  Yes, we do know.  And, no, it does not.

The Sprint variant covers bands 25/26/41 -- along with probably some international bands.

The regional "R4" variant covers bands 2/4/5/12/17 -- and it supports SVLTE.  It is a separate CCA/RRPP version.

AJ

• Like 1

I think we have huge expectations from year to year. The note 2 was a huge jump from the one but to expect huge jumps in change and performance year in and year out is a bit unrealistic. ...I mean look at the iPhone

Sent from my CoziBlurred4.3 gN2

I think we have huge expectations from year to year. The note 2 was a huge jump from the one but to expect huge jumps in change and performance year in and year out is a bit unrealistic. ...I mean look at the iPhone

Yeah, the iPhone 6 has the same camera as the 4S. :)

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Yeah, the iPhone 6 has the same camera as the 4S. :)

I was referring more to how it's not changed significantly in how many years? This is the first year in many that it's had a big change at least that's my feeling.

I was referring more to how it's not changed significantly in how many years? This is the first year in many that it's had a big change at least that's my feeling.

I knew the point you were making, my point was even in a year where the iPhone changed so significantly, it still has the same camera from the 4S, which was released in 2011.

• Like 1

Yeah, but to pack in a bunch of gimmicky features like heart rate sensors and not upgrade the antenna... Personally, comparing to IPhones standard is weak. They are the Kings of doing very little to a device and touting it as huge new advances.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, but to pack in a bunch of gimmicky features like heart rate sensors and not upgrade the antenna... Personally, comparing to IPhones standard is weak. They are the Kings of doing very little to a device and touting it as huge new advances.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Well they have a very loyal customer base and when you only have one option well

For someone that has the Note 3, I just don't see it worth it for this phone. It's almost like a Note 3s (In Apple terms). Small incremental improvements.

Maybe if you're coming from an older phone, or a Note 2, but other than that, this one is a pass in my book.

Well that can be said for any device now a days, most of these devices are already high end so the updated model just won't be that much of an increase compared to the current model.

• Like 2

I knew the point you were making, my point was even in a year where the iPhone changed so significantly, it still has the same camera from the 4S, which was released in 2011.

I am by no means defending apple but even though it has the same megapixel count doesn't mean its the same camera.  

• Like 2

I am by no means defending apple but even though it has the same megapixel count doesn't mean its the same camera.

Good point. It is amazing they are still only using an 8mp camera though when most other flagships are twice that, excluding HTC, of course.

Good point. It is amazing they are still only using an 8mp camera though when most other flagships are twice that, excluding HTC, of course.

Why does it need to be a higher MP. I am already overly impressed with this camera on this phone. It's a noticeable improvement even from the 5s... Yeh, Still 8 megapixels but definitely not the same innards that the 4s had.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

• Like 2

Not to control this thread, but this a night shot a friend took with his 6. I was blown away because I've stood in the same exact spot and my pictures always came out with too much noise or just no where near this good....with my 5saa02f0d7c16dea3dca04f7c1b5da41cd.jpg

• Like 1

Why does it need to be a higher MP. I am already overly impressed with this camera on this phone. It's a noticeable improvement even from the 5s... Yeh, Still 8 megapixels but definitely not the same innards that the 4s had.

I suppose that's the same theory HTC has but I'll tell you, going from an 8mp camera (S3) to a 13mp (S4T) was a substantial difference. I know the megapixel count isn't always the main difference but it can't hurt to help produce a higher quality picture.

AJ and Robert are supposed to be working on an article on the N4 so I hope it comes soon.

We have currently shleved the GN4 article.  We may revisit that in the future, though.

May I ask why? I was looking forward to your insights on the device.

No one has time in the interim.  And by the time we do, it is likely past relevancy.

• Like 1

Every had to crop a picture? At 8MP, you have very little latitude in cropping until quality is severely compromised.

• Like 2

Can you give the cliff notes of it while it still has relevancy?

Cat 4, supports B25/26/41.  No Carrier Aggregation.  No Sprint VoLTE.  No CCA/RRPP compatibility.  Basically, the timing of the Note series releases makes it bad for Sprint, year after year.  It always seems to be the last model of the year that doesn't support the new Sprint network initiatives.  There you go.

Edited by S4GRU
Changed to Cat 4
  • Like 5

Can you give the cliff notes of it while it still has relevancy?

What do you want to know?  There is not much to report.  Sprint tri band handset FCC OET docs are becoming a bit boring:  tri band LTE, e/CSFB, etc.  We are reaching LTE device maturity already.  Band 41 carrier aggregation is the next frontier, I suppose.

AJ

Cat 6, supports B25/26/41. No Carrier Aggregation. No Sprint VoLTE. No CCA/RRPP compatibility. Basically, the timing of the Note series releases makes it bad for Sprint, year after year. It always seems to be the last model of the year that doesn't support the new Sprint network initiatives. There you go.

Any insight on upcoming devices that will take advantage?

Sent from the cosmos

Any insight on upcoming devices that will take advantage?

Take advantage of or add support for which capability?

AJ

Cat 6, supports B25/26/41.  No Carrier Aggregation.  No Sprint VoLTE.  No CCA/RRPP compatibility.  Basically, the timing of the Note series releases makes it bad for Sprint, year after year.  It always seems to be the last model of the year that doesn't support the new Sprint network initiatives.  There you go.

Yikes. 3 cons. I've been debating whether to move on from Nexus 5 to this or wait for the mythical Shamu creature. Note 4 seemed like a slam dunk. Now, not so much. Still a great phone however.