Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dnicekid

Anyone ever upgraded with them before? I never have and don't want to have any issues with losing my ED1500 family plan or them botching it in some way. Their $200 gift card with a phone trade in and note 4 pre order is a pretty tempting deal

I've upgraded several phones at BestBuy under my ED1500 family plan, never had any problems.  Early in the year I got an email from them offering a $50 upgrade coupon if I registered my phone number with them then, and upgrade before the end of this year, so I expect to get that $50 off as well.

• Like 1

Anyone ever upgraded with them before? I never have and don't want to have any issues with losing my ED1500 family plan or them botching it in some way. Their $200 gift card with a phone trade in and note 4 pre order is a pretty tempting deal

I've upgraded several phones at BestBuy under my ED1500 family plan, never had any problems. Early in the year I got an email from them offering a $50 upgrade coupon if I registered my phone number with them then, and upgrade before the end of this year, so I expect to get that $50 off as well.

Maintaining your current plan is not an issue at Best Buy currently. The activation system currently allows continuation of legacy plans. You will definitely get the pitch for switching to a more modern plan with Easy Pay, but you are more than welcome to decline the switch.

As with all retailers there are employees that are more competent than others.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I think the $200 back with trade in is available on the Sprint website as well - there's a link there directly to Samsung who'll send you a check instead of a gift card.

I think the $200 back with trade in is available on the Sprint website as well - there's a link there directly to Samsung who'll send you a check instead of a gift card.

Choices a good though. Some prefer the check (which takes about 3 months) and some might prefer the instant gratification of a BB gift card to use immediately.

Not sure which route I'm going to use yet.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Yeah I've seen mention of the samsung one but if best buy let's you use the gift card towards the purchase of the phone then I think that might be a better deal, for me at least.

Yeah I've seen mention of the samsung one but if best buy let's you use the gift card towards the purchase of the phone then I think that might be a better deal, for me at least.

I would find that doubtful. At best, they would let you use it for accessories.

Yeah I've read conflicting info about it. Really about both promotions. If I can't use it towards the phone then I'd rather go the Samsung route. I think the last thing I bought from best buy was the HP touchpad when they were fire selling it years ago.

You will be able to use the gift card toward the purchase of the device. Unless you are doing Easy Pay.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You will be able to use the gift card toward the purchase of the device. Unless you are doing Easy Pay.

Source? I've not seen that anywhere.

Fair enough. That sounds like the best deal out there then. Thanks for the info.

I will check the details Saturday when I return to work, but we have allowed promotional trade in gift cards to be applied towards device purchases in the past. I haven't seen anything regarding this promotion that states anything different.

• Like 2

I will check the details Saturday when I return to work, but we have allowed promotional trade in gift cards to be applied towards device purchases in the past. I haven't seen anything regarding this promotion that states anything different.

Could check on what the specifics are on what phones qualify for trade in? Is it any working phone or does it have to have a certain trade in value based on best buy?

So it wouldn't work as a down payment on Easy Pay? That's a bit of a bummer, but I'm not surprised.

No, our system just takes the payment for tax (and down payment if required) and applies it to your Sprint bill. It has to be made using a major credit card.

Could check on what the specifics are on what phones qualify for trade in? Is it any working phone or does it have to have a certain trade in value based on best buy?

Does it matter if rooted? Custom recovery or ROM? Or, does it just need to turn on and be operational, i.e. buttons working, etc.? Will they price match Sprint? And, this wording from the site sounds like you wouldn't be able to apply card to purchase: "get a $200 Best Buy gift card at time of purchase with trade in of any working smartphone." Does the purchase have to be completed to get the card, or can it be a part of the transaction?

No, our system just takes the payment for tax (and down payment if required) and applies it to your Sprint bill. It has to be made using a major credit card.

What is the chance Best Buy will allow the Sprint version to be sold for $300 versus $350?  It pisses me off that Sprint wants to charge $50 more for the same dang phone.  Would love to take advantage of two $200 Gift Cards and get two Note 4's for $100 each.  I don't see the reasoning why it cost $50 more.

What is the chance Best Buy will allow the Sprint version to be sold for $300 versus $350? It pisses me off that Sprint wants to charge $50 more for the same dang phone. Would love to take advantage of two $200 Gift Cards and get two Note 4's for $100 each. I don't see the reasoning why it cost $50 more.

As of now, Best Buy has them listed at $350. You just can't pre-order yet.

As of now, Best Buy has them listed at $350. You just can't pre-order yet.

I know that.  I was just asking the guy that is obviously a BestBuy employee what the chances that the price would drop to $300.

What is the chance Best Buy will allow the Sprint version to be sold for $300 versus $350? It pisses me off that Sprint wants to charge $50 more for the same dang phone. Would love to take advantage of two $200 Gift Cards and get two Note 4's for $100 each. I don't see the reasoning why it cost $50 more.

I know that. I was just asking the guy that is obviously a BestBuy employee what the chances that the price would drop to $300.

One could assume it will drop at some point, but I can not share specifics of future price changes. That is an instant termination of employment. Best Buy does price match competitors for same devices. If another retailer is selling the Sprint Galaxy Note 4 for $300 it can be priced accordingly.

Does it matter if rooted? Custom recovery or ROM? Or, does it just need to turn on and be operational, i.e. buttons working, etc.? Will they price match Sprint? And, this wording from the site sounds like you wouldn't be able to apply card to purchase: "get a $200 Best Buy gift card at time of purchase with trade in of any working smartphone." Does the purchase have to be completed to get the card, or can it be a part of the transaction?

Rooted phones are generally not an issue. In my particular store there would be few that would even know what to check for. I traded in my old EVO 4G LTE running MeanROM.

As for the second part, like I said prior, I will check the specifics this weekend but the trade in system and the POS system are two completely different systems. Trade in gift cards are not issued by POS. They are generated prior to the completion of a sale.

• Like 1

One could assume it will drop at some point, but I can not share specifics of future price changes. That is an instant termination of employment. Best Buy does price match competitors for same devices. If another retailer is selling the Sprint Galaxy Note 4 for $300 it can be priced accordingly.

It has to be brick and mortar retailer though, doesn't it? I know BB price matches some online stores, but contract mobile devices are an exception to that according to bestbuy.com.

It has to be brick and mortar retailer though, doesn't it? I know BB price matches some online stores, but contract mobile devices are an exception to that according to bestbuy.com.

Correct.