Samsung Galaxy Note 4

dnicekid

I'm reading the offer to mean that no matter what, the rebate check will not be more than $190. That means that if you get $5, you will "only" get $190.  I don't think they care if you got $1 or $10 from your trade, they will only give you $190 regardless. I dunno, I could be wrong.

Read the very tiny fine print. It says eligible phone must be worth $10 or more.

Basically, the Qi charging pad and contacts to connect to phone. Hopefully a pad like this will come along that can be mounted to the cover that comes with the phone.

http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Standard-Wireless-Charging-Receiver/dp/B00FTULQJU/

So can I just buy one of those and the Qi wireless charger? Rather than buy a new back cover and charger?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

So can I just buy one of those and the Qi wireless charger? Rather than buy a new back cover and charger?

If the Note 4 is pin and size compatible with Note 3, I don't see why that one would not work.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So this spec sheet makes it look like the US version is cat 6. What is the sprint variant model number? According to this report the 910s has the 805 chip and cat 6 modem.

http://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_4-6434.php

Sent from the cosmos

Sprint model ends in P

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

The Samsung promotion says any working phone worth $10 or more. Does it matter if it has been rooted or is running a custom ROM? Does Sprint buyback program care?

Also, will the Sprint Note 4 support wireless charging? Now that I've used it, wireless charging is a must have for me.

USB ports and cables are fragile. I'm tired of replacing them as my phone ape most of its life on the charger.

Anyone else familiar with Best Buy trade in program? I have an extended battery on phone (I'm looking for the original and original battery door), and I wonder how much, if any, it would count against trade in.

Crazy that they can pack in a heart rate monitor, UV sensor, and oxygen level sensor, but putting in the premium modem (the whole thing that makes it a PHONE) might have slipped.

Apparently it has enough medical equipment they're concerned they'll be labeled a medical device:

http://bgr.com/2014/09/12/galaxy-note-4-release-date-5/

this is what is starting to irk me about samsung. it's cool to see them put these new features in the phones, but it's like they are forgetting about the phone aspects and what a phone should primarily be which is a phone first, and a media device 2nd. when are they going to improve the sound department? i know for a fact people would rather have a phone with killer sound than a phone that can tell you what the humidity or temperature is in your pocket.. in the media department, HTC, sony and Motorolla are all killing samsung.. the new Xperia Z3 has dual stereo speakers at the front and sounds incredible.. meanwhile samsung is still stuck at putting that tiny crackling speaker at the back when people's ears aren't in that direction.

also, very disappointed it's not water resistant.. they made the S4 active and S5 water resistant, yet on their highest flagship phone they skipped doing it. i could go on with other things, but i don't want to sound like am trolling.. i've been a samsung fan since the S2/S3 came out and currently have the S3/S4. since samsung pretty much lost focus on the phone/media aspect of the device i'm starting to lose interest in their phones.

if the Xperia Z3 comes to sprint (unconfirmed/rumored atm) that will be the device i get, but if it doesn't then i guess i will settle with the Note4.

Edited by scub

I agree about the speaker, but until they make that home button smaller or get rid of it altogether, I don't think there will be space to put the speaker out front. As for it being water resistant, I also don't see why it wasn't. I guess the S-Pen slot may have something to do with that.

Judging by this article on anandtech and from what we've seen on other Snapdragon 805 phones i would imagine it should be a cat6 capable MDM9x35.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8465/samsung-announces-galaxy-note-4-hands-on

Can't imagine why they didn't enable carrier aggregation...

Sprint Datasheet for it says it packs the MDM9625, which is cat 4. While cat 4 can do carrier aggregation, it can't do more than 20mhz aggregation, which would be necessary for Band 41, the only band Sprint is doing CA in right now.

NM, noticed this was posted before the datasheet. For some reason the forum sent me to a different page than the newest in the thread.

Edited by exadyne

AJ and Robert are supposed to be working on an article on the N4 so I hope it comes soon.

Hate to say but it seems like the iPhone 6 has awesome RF performance, even better than the Nexus 5, and the Note 4 may just be so so like the S5.

Samsung can make a good RF device (S4T) but they are probably too busy programming touchwiz to care about top RF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

AJ and Robert are supposed to be working on an article on the N4 so I hope it comes soon.

Hate to say but it seems like the iPhone 6 has awesome RF performance, even better than the Nexus 5, and the Note 4 may just be so so like the S5.

Samsung can make a good RF device (S4T) but they are probably too busy programming touchwiz to care about top RF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'd imagine that since the only real feature of the S4T was RF, they were going to push it for all it was worth.

You would think they'd have a lot of room to work for RF equipment given the size of the Note, but like I said before, I think they tend to recycle the RF stack out of Galaxy S devices.

Best Buy has their preorder page up for the Galaxy Note 4, but it is only showing AT&T right now. Their page says "Get a $200 Best Buy gift card at time of purchase with trade in of any working smartphone." which I assume overrides the $200 you can get from Samsung, but heck, no mail hassle.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/samsung-galaxy-note-4-128435

Best Buy has their preorder page up for the Galaxy Note 4, but it is only showing AT&T right now. Their page says "Get a $200 Best Buy gift card at time of purchase with trade in of any working smartphone." which I assume overrides the $200 you can get from Samsung, but heck, no mail hassle.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/samsung-galaxy-note-4-128435

Verizon has their preorder page up as well. 

https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/Note4/

Interesting offer. I wonder if the handset would have to be active to trade in. That maybe wouldn't be a great deal for a Note II, might be able to get more on eBay, but buy a cheap used handset worth $10+ and trade that in? Hmm.

S4GRU alliance for CA enabled devices will file suit.

same as the N3 was last year at launch.

Yes. So you have about a month. By then we should hopefully know more details about the Nexus X too.

I hope you are right, but I'm not counting on it. Nothing official was announced about the Nexus 5 until the day it launched. And the Nexus 6 / X is rumored to be at the end of October.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

For someone that has the Note 3, I just don't see it worth it for this phone. It's almost like a Note 3s (In Apple terms). Small incremental improvements.

Maybe if you're coming from an older phone, or a Note 2, but other than that, this one is a pass in my book.

For someone that has the Note 3, I just don't see it worth it for this phone. It's almost like a Note 3s (In Apple terms). Small incremental improvements.

Maybe if you're coming from an older phone, or a Note 2, but other than that, this one is a pass in my book.

If you live in a "spark" market, the difference will be like night and day.
  • Like 1

If you live in a "spark" market, the difference will be like night and day.

So a benefit when it comes to Sprint. Guess I was being more general, Samsung overall, just don't see the big step forward with this phone.

So do we know yet whether the Note 4 supports the CCA/RRPP bands yet?  I've searched but haven't found anything yet.  It's time for me to get a new phone and hand my S3 down to my son.  But I'm having a hard time deciding between getting an LG G3 now, waiting for the Note 4, or even waiting a bit longer and seeing what the next Nexus has to offer.  The new iPhones look like great phones but I'm so deep into the Google/Android ecosystem that it would really be a hassle to switch.

So do we know yet whether the Note 4 supports the CCA/RRPP bands yet?  I've searched but haven't found anything yet.  It's time for me to get a new phone and hand my S3 down to my son.  But I'm having a hard time deciding between getting an LG G3 now, waiting for the Note 4, or even waiting a bit longer and seeing what the next Nexus has to offer.  The new iPhones look like great phones but I'm so deep into the Google/Android ecosystem that it would really be a hassle to switch.

No, the N4 doesn't  FCC only listed tests for LTE band 25/26/41.

What makes the iPhone 6 tempting is apparently it has amazing B41 radio performance, plus very quick to rescan for LTE if it is dropped.

• Like 1

I do hope that the iPhone scan and band 41 is a revelation for later Triband devices to strive for. That is the most impressive aspect too me.  Seeing as we won't get to experience  the moto x and there antenna tuning tech on sprints network. If the note 4 is like the s5 and not the s4t that wouldn't be good.