Flashback! Came across this S4GRU Article reviewing what happened in 2011

S4GRU

I read this article this afternoon:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-110-2011-year-in-reviewsprint-4g-rollout-updates/

Oh, har far we have come since the end of 2011.  Read the article if you have a moment.  It gives some background about how S4GRU started.  Fun times!

Robert

• Like 15

I read this article this afternoon:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-110-2011-year-in-reviewsprint-4g-rollout-updates/

Oh, har far we have come since the end of 2011.  Read the article if you have a moment.  It gives some background about how S4GRU started.  Fun times!

Robert

My, my how time flies when you're having fun and getting things accomplished!  :)

• Like 1

Been here since the beginning of february 2012, I am not even sure how I found this site but I'm glad I did.

• Like 3

Dan might be available for that interview in a week or so.

Mostly likely, his Golden Parachute includes a Golden Muzzle.  :censored:

• Like 2

And look at where the site is now. It's amazing what Robert and the other staff members have been able to achieve with this site. I'm glad I've been able to take part in some of the ride. Here's to S4GRU, Sprint, Robert, the rest of the staff, and the rest of the members here. And here's to many more years!

-Anthony

• Like 6

I remember posting on facebook, which is how I found S4GRU. It was in my recommended "pages to like"

Yep, you were around with us on Facebook before there was even an S4GRU.com.  The good 'ol days.  You also were one of our first forum members of all time.

Robert

• Like 1

Robert

I found something to top that.  I found your former site?  prior to become just s4gru.com when you had another name in there.  lol.

Holy crap, I feel old. I joined the S4GRU train in 2011. At the time, I was a junior in HS who just got his first smartphone (An HTC EVO 3D). I found the S4GRU FB page by chance and thought it'd be cool to know when WiMAX would deploy in my area. Little did I know, I ended up contributing to the page by informing Robert about a WiMAX site that popped up. Those 3 years went by fast. I'm glad that S4GRU grew into the awesome site we see here today.

• Like 1

Holy crap, I feel old. I joined the S4GRU train in 2011. At the time, I was a junior in HS who just got his first smartphone (An HTC EVO 3D). I found the S4GRU FB page by chance and thought it'd be cool to know when WiMAX would deploy in my area. Little did I know, I ended up contributing to the page by informing Robert about a WiMAX site that popped up. Those 3 years went by fast. I'm glad that S4GRU grew into the awesome site we see here today.

Thanks Rai.  We will always have Kankakee!   :clap:

Robert

• Like 4

Wow. I guess I'm pretty new around here. :)

I read a few articles here back in 2012 but never even touched the forums. I started lurking late Spring 2013 and I became a member in the Summer.

This site is a really great place for anyone interested in wireless because of the amazing absence of negativity. The rest of the internet is constantly plagued with trolls and haters; this site is like an oasis. It's also a near-bottomless source of information. Long live S4GRU! I hope to see the day when a domain change to S5GRU is required. ;)

• Like 6

I found S4GRU on Facebook by searching for Sprint's 4G deployments late summer 2011. I was looking forward to WiMax in Pahrump, which never came. But once Network Vision was announced, I decided to stick around for the long term. I can't believe it's been 3 years already.

• Like 3

Wow what a nice read Robert, it almost seems like it was yesterday when people where getting hyped about the Evo 4G (WiMax).  I remember finding posts on the Sprint forums that you posted where WiMax 4G has launched both confirmed markets and protection sites.  If it wasn't for you I would have never bought the Evo 4G or the Evo 3D, I had no clue that WiMax was somewhat available here in the Tri-Cities area (protection sites). 

I applaud you and the staff of S4GRU for the hard work, dedication, and professionalism that makes this site my one stop shop everything Sprint (and more).  :2tu:

I think we can all pat ourselves on the back because this is one tightly knitted community that keeps S4GRU entertaining and full of information.

Thanks S4GRU Community,

Josh

• Like 7

Great read. I also found this website from Facebook. One thing I am very happy about that so far hasn't come true is advertisements. That shows what an awesome community we have here.

I have been visiting this site since 2012. Where has the time gone?

As I have said before and will say again, thank you to everyone who has helped make this possible.

• Like 2

July 2013, my contract was up and I was ready to jump ship. Miraculously, I found this site by accident. Did some reading, it was all Greek to me at the time...but I learned more in two weeks about cellular networks than the previous 10 years using them. S4GRU renewed my faith in Sprint, and I signed up for another contract. I thank Robert, the S4GRU crew, and all who have contributed. What you have given me I'll keep with me forever.

• Like 5

I don't remember when or how I found this site but I was definitely lurking for awhile before I made my account. This site has immensely reinforced my long "love" affair with Sprint because it's been the only carrier for my parents since the mid 90's. Even when Sprint forcefully kicked terminated my contract for excessive roaming due to NV "rip and replace" (and no lower band service on my iPhone 4 causing me to roam almost constantly while at school ) I never lost hope for Sprint. The amazing people here at S4GRU brought me back to Sprint last November and I've generally been quite happy coming from my hiatus with AT&T. Now that B26 development has just started in my market I'm incredibly happy to be a Sprint customer because the wait for best network in the US is coming to an end. Personally this is the only US carrier that has a soul and is only really shown through the exceptional work the members and staff on this site have put into it. And lastly BIG THANKS to Robert for starting this site because it's a great and tightly knit community that is easily one of the best tech forums on the internet. 

Here's to S5GRU  :urock:  

• Like 1