Sprints New Pricing plans questions

JThorson

Add one gig of tethering to the unlimited plans for free. Make adding more painless and a fairly decent deal cost wise. Oh and the data bucket plans should have tethering for the full amount of their plan.

I like included tethering but you run into an issue when you only give 1gb of tethering with the unlimited plans and other plans get a tethering amount equal to their data allotment. I would just rather see 1-2 gb of tethering included with all data plans.

I like included tethering but you run into an issue when you only give 1gb of tethering with the unlimited plans and other plans get a tethering amount equal to their data allotment. I would just rather see 1-2 gb of tethering included with all data plans.

I don't see the issue. Letting bucket plans use their full amount helps them reach their cap quicker. Which in turn prompts them to buy more and make Sprint more money. Unlimited users have to realize that even being given a gig of tethering for free is generous.
  • Like 1

I don't see the issue. Letting bucket plans use their full amount helps them reach their cap quicker. Which in turn prompts them to buy more and make Sprint more money. Unlimited users have to realize that even being given a gig of tethering for free is generous.

The issue is when you have a customer with 3 gigs of tethering data. that means they can tether more than an unlimited customer.

The issue is when you have a customer with 3 gigs of tethering data. that means they can tether more than an unlimited customer.

So what? That's one of the sacrifices you make when you chose unlimited instead of a bucket. Plus then only people who'd bitch and moan are going to be people who won't have an issue tethering other ways.

So what? That's one of the sacrifices you make when you chose unlimited instead of a bucket. Plus then only people who'd bitch and moan are going to be people who won't have an issue tethering other ways.

As the plans are set up now, when you have a choice of unlimited then you pay more. There is no reason to think that  this type of pricing will not continue in the future. Good luck telling an unlimited customer who is paying more money that they should have less tethering data then a customer who is paying less. As far as tethering other ways I have been waiting for Sprint to put the kabash on that. It is just a matter of time.

Once you get customers addicted to cheap prices, it is all but impossible to recover, except over a long, long period of time. Look at SERO. There are still millions of customers on it.

Robert

Very true, but nowadays its pick your poison, until the footprint matches the big 2..

Forgot to add my plans have no discounts unless you are on the $50ul

But the pricing is close to what framlies are .... Just more attractive:)

This would bring people in..

Sprint should a LA carte and the more you add the better value.

Add one gig of tethering to the unlimited plans for free. Make adding more painless and a fairly decent deal cost wise. Oh and the data bucket plans should have tethering for the full amount of their plan.

Do most consumers need or want tethering?

I would personally love it, even if it was only 500MB per month. There's times where my Comcast goes out at home and Tethering would come in handy.

Sent from my LG-LS980

• Like 1

When you have friends and extended family who live in the boonies and you need to access something online quickly for a second....its a lifesaver.
  • Like 2

As far as tethering other ways I have been waiting for Sprint to put the kabash on that.

You do not want that.  The kabash tastes even worse than khlav kalash.

Even before unauthorized tethering, put the kibosh on khlav kalash.

;)

AJ

The business fusion plans do it this way.

$45/25 easy pay 1gb with hotspot

$55/35 easy pay 2gb with hotspot

$65/45 easy pay unlimited data(3gb hotspot)

The only thing id change is move the middle plan from 2gb to 3gb and maybe put the hot spot on unlimited up to 4 or 5gb.

Something like this for regular consumers would be nice.

• Like 4

You do not want that.  The kabash tastes even worse than khlav kalash.

Even before unauthorized tethering, put the kibosh on khlav kalash.

;)

AJ

Sorry. I think I had too much clam juice. :)

• Like 1

Once you get customers addicted to cheap prices, it is all but impossible to recover, except over a long, long period of time.  Look at SERO.  There are still millions of customers on it.

Robert

Yeah. Basically just like couponing it lets you have access to a new tier of customers but it does not improve brand loyalty or long term sales. In many cases it actually lowers your overall brand loyalty because these new customers are discount seekers who will remain only as long as the discount is in place AND a competing product is not discounted more. The only saving grace here would be that there is resistance to change on the mobile market due to having to buy new handsets to move to a new carrier if it is on a different network. Then again, I stayed on the Sprint network (I use Ting) because the used handsets on Sprint are cheaper than any other carrier.

I am absolutely one of these not loyal customers and like my purchasing of toothpaste, frozen veggies, etc.. I don't see my mobile purchases ever going back to being on a contract or paying more out of historical use of a carrier. I just can't justify the cost difference now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looked through the forums and this seems to be the best place to post.

The new Family Share Plans look crazy.

http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/its-a-new-day-for-data-for-american-consumers.htm

See Discussion in this thread right now. A moderator is currently working on separating the relevant posts from that topic into a new topic.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4191-softbank-new-sprint-discussion/

See Discussion in this thread right now. A moderator is currently working on separating the relevant posts from that topic into a new topic.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4191-softbank-new-sprint-discussion/

Thank you, Mods. I'll make sure to donate tonight - got your work cut out for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2