Sprint's LivePro is the projector/hotspot/Android mashup you didn't know you needed

VW Maverick

I went into a Sprint store yesterday, and while they didn't have it yet the manager told me the 3GB plan would work with it, even though the website is showing what you said. I wonder if it's an error.

Thanks for the update. I hope 3GB works, 'cuz that extra $180/year is a deal-killer.

Thanks for the update. I hope 3GB works, 'cuz that extra $180/year is a deal-killer.

I hope so too. I intended on walking out with one yesterday with the 3GB plan, if they had it in stock. If it does indeed require the $50 plan or higher I will likely stick to my add on hotspot plan on my phone.

• Like 1

I know its small due to the dimensions specified in the spec sheet, but actually seeing it on video still took me by surprise.

Wow. *claps in the background*

Sprint did REALLY well with this video!!!! 

• Like 5

I know its small due to the dimensions specified in the spec sheet, but actually seeing it on video still took me by surprise.

Wow, that was a good commercial. I may get one once I get a few devices off my account.

Sent from my Josh's iPad using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I got mine. Got $100 off it too. So $200 total.  Unlimited data for $50 - special plan I guess. I may drop down to 3GB for $35 if I don't use it that much.

It's pretty sweet. Very portable. I streamed some movies, HBO Go, hooked up my computer to it. It works great. Having Android on it just makes it a lot more flexible in use. That's why I bought it. 

I got mine. Got $100 off it too. So $200 total. Unlimited data for $50 - special plan I guess. I may drop down to 3GB for $35 if I don't use it that much.

It's pretty sweet. Very portable. I streamed some movies, HBO Go, hooked up my computer to it. It works great. Having Android on it just makes it a lot more flexible in use. That's why I bought it.

Do you have a business account or something? I thought the only way to get unlimited on hotspots was for businesses now0.o'..

Do you have a business account or something? I thought the only way to get unlimited on hotspots was for businesses now0.o'..

Oh, yeah I do -- have a biz account now. I have a personal account but just started a biz acct to take advantage. 

Oh, yeah I do -- have a biz account now. I have a personal account but just started a biz acct to take advantage.

So you have 2 separate accounts for your phones and this projector?

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I went back into the store today to see if they got the livepro yet. They told me it should be in around the 27th. I also asked about which plans are available for it and was told any of the plans including the 3GB for $34.99 should work on it. I mentioned the website only showed the 6GB and 12GB plans and was told it probably only shows them because they expect people to stream video and it would eat through the 3GB quickly. Has anyone been able to get one with the 3GB plan?

I went back into the store today to see if they got the livepro yet. They told me it should be in around the 27th. I also asked about which plans are available for it and was told any of the plans including the 3GB for $34.99 should work on it. I mentioned the website only showed the 6GB and 12GB plans and was told it probably only shows them because they expect people to stream video and it would eat through the 3GB quickly. Has anyone been able to get one with the 3GB plan?

Thats crazy about them not coming in til next week, my store got a some the first week of july.

My impression is that its bad ass, i never thought id have a use but after spending my lunch watching netflix on the wall of our breakroom instead of my phones screen changed that.

My problem is price at $100-150 id be a buyer and put it on am employee $20/20gb plan. At $300 im just not personally interested.

• Like 2

Thats crazy about them not coming in til next week, my store got a some the first week of july.

My impression is that its bad ass, i never thought id have a use but after spending my lunch watching netflix on the wall of our breakroom instead of my phones screen changed that.

My problem is price at $100-150 id be a buyer and put it on am employee $20/20gb plan. At $300 im just not personally interested.

When streaming with it, do you need to use its own data plan or can you stream from the phone or WiFi (as in using the projector part with my home broadband connection)? The more I read about and think about it, the more I want one. Usually if I'm buying a device directly from Sprint I try to go through my local retail store since they usually help me out and I think they deserve the business, but I may have to cheat on my rep and buy one online. Also, do you know for sure if all three of the broadband plans work with it or only the 6/12GB as shows online? I may end up going with the higher plans anyway if the only way to play Netflix is via its own data plan.

When streaming with it, do you need to use its own data plan or can you stream from the phone or WiFi (as in using the projector part with my home broadband connection)? The more I read about and think about it, the more I want one. Usually if I'm buying a device directly from Sprint I try to go through my local retail store since they usually help me out and I think they deserve the business, but I may have to cheat on my rep and buy one online. Also, do you know for sure if all three of the broadband plans work with it or only the 6/12GB as shows online? I may end up going with the higher plans anyway if the only way to play Netflix is via its own data plan.

Im not sure about the plans because i haven't sold one. When i was using it i used mircast so i was using my phones data. You only use its data bucket when streaming from apps directly on the live pro or when using hotspot.

Im not sure about the plans because i haven't sold one. When i was using it i used mircast so i was using my phones data. You only use its data bucket when streaming from apps directly on the live pro or when using hotspot.

That's great to hear, I would probably use it several times a week just at home on WiFi alone. The price is kind of steep but I'm already in the market for a hotspot. I've had the $10 1GB add on plan for my phone, and while it works just fine I would much rather have a dedicated device. Using the tether plan seems to kill my nexus 5s battery pretty quickly and no svdo/svlte kind of limits me when I need it for work.

The fact it can also charge my phone is another huge plus. I work out of a delivery truck and between my GPS and cordless tool battery chargers I have no other way to charge anything.

If it does indeed work with the 3GB plan, I'll probably be walking out of the store with one in hand as soon as they have it in stock. It would essentially only be $25 more a month since it would let me get rid of my tethering plan.

Also, not sure if you can answer this or not. Is there any reason to get one of these on easy pay? Last I saw, signing up for a mobile broadband plan required a two year agreement regardless which makes the subsidy way better.

That's great to hear, I would probably use it several times a week just at home on WiFi alone. The price is kind of steep but I'm already in the market for a hotspot. I've had the $10 1GB add on plan for my phone, and while it works just fine I would much rather have a dedicated device. Using the tether plan seems to kill my nexus 5s battery pretty quickly and no svdo/svlte kind of limits me when I need it for work.

The fact it can also charge my phone is another huge plus. I work out of a delivery truck and between my GPS and cordless tool battery chargers I have no other way to charge anything.

If it does indeed work with the 3GB plan, I'll probably be walking out of the store with one in hand as soon as they have it in stock. It would essentially only be $25 more a month since it would let me get rid of my tethering plan.

Also, not sure if you can answer this or not. Is there any reason to get one of these on easy pay? Last I saw, signing up for a mobile broadband plan required a two year agreement regardless which makes the subsidy way better.

As of 7/11 mbb devices do not require 2 year agreements and can do easy pay. Tge only benefit of doing easy pay is that there is no contract. The plans are the same whether on contract or not and its 299 subsidised compared to 450 msrp.

• 3 weeks later...

I went back to the store today, and they still don't have any inventory of these yet. The manager told me he thinks it's because they aren't a corporate store. He did offer to try and special order one for me, and find out if the 3GB plan is available for it. He offered to call me Monday to let me know.

Edit: It looks like the 3GB plan is showing available online. If I have to, I'll order it but would rather give the sale to one of the local reps that have helped me out in the past.

I went back to the store today, and they still don't have any inventory of these yet. The manager told me he thinks it's because they aren't a corporate store. He did offer to try and special order one for me, and find out if the 3GB plan is available for it. He offered to call me Monday to let me know.

Edit: It looks like the 3GB plan is showing available online. If I have to, I'll order it but would rather give the sale to one of the local reps that have helped me out in the past.

Unless they are incompetent they could direct ship it and would have it in a few days. Also as a former preferred retailer store manager i can tell you his company makes the orders from brightpoint directly not sprint. They most likely have not ordered any out of fear of getting stuck with inventory that cant sell. PR owners are insanely cheap, thats why i went to corporate and made 10k more as a rep than a PR manager.

I know my old company ended up with like 40 evo 4g that by 2012 we couldn't give away so they were stripped for parts for service and repair and then we sold the batteries and chargers separately. That way they could get some of their money back

• Like 2

Unless they are incompetent they could direct ship it and would have it in a few days. Also as a former preferred retailer store manager i can tell you his company makes the orders from brightpoint directly not sprint. They most likely have not ordered any out of fear of getting stuck with inventory that cant sell.

Thanks for the insight on how that actually works. I wish there was a corporate store around, but we lost the last one we had in Syracuse a few years ago. Maybe I should just buy it online now that the plan I wanted is showing available. I wanted to give a local store the sale, but I've been in there three times now asking for it.