iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

Anyone know when Apple stores will have these new phones available to play with?  Will they have them before release day?

I considered pre-ordering, but I really want to hold one in my hand before plunking down money.

I doubt any place will have working ones out on display before release, however the apple store and/or best buy or radio shack might have non-functional devices to check out prior to then.

I think there has been a consistent caveat from No Subsidy Hawks that Apple would be the one fighting the trend.  Apple is double downing on the core demographic that earns them the most money.  And Apple will need to keep subsidies in place to keep its sales numbers up.  I think what Apple took away from the iPhone 5c flop is that people want Apple to make only high end devices.  Price conscious Apple consumers just buy last years models (or in some cases two years ago).

I personally think this is Apple's best strategy going forward.  And as long as Apple doesn't feel the pressure from the pricing in the rest of the market and their customers continue to pay the premium, I don't expect this to ever change.  But it will be hard to get back the budget minded consumer who has moved to Android.  Many of them want to come back, but they cannot really afford to.  These people may have to lease their phones if they want to be Apple customers with the latest devices.

It'll be interesting how the American wireless device sales model develops over the next few years.

I just dont understand why Apple doesnt take their older models (ie, the free and 99 subsidized price points) and make them competetive off-contract as well.

I guess the answer is, because they don't have to.

Samsung also looks at Apple for everything, which is why they also keep their prices high, and focus their low-end models on international markets.

I just cant see the subsidy model ending any time soon because the two biggest companies, Apple and Samsung, have no incentive to do so.

Nexus 5 was groundbreaking in going high quality-low price....but I personally have never seen one in the wild. I dont think it tore up the sales chart, which will only reinforce the idea that subsidies are required.

I think Sprint was smart is sticking with 2-year as an obvious option.

I'm excited about getting Spark. Since the Spark world is going to be new to us iPhone users, I went and looked at the list of announced Spark markets. Looks like all the major Texas cities have it launched, so I'm happy.

I am so freaking excited to find some b41 in Orlando! I'm going to have a very high data usage next month! Lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm excited about getting Spark.  Since the Spark world is going to be new to us iPhone users, I went and looked at the list of announced Spark markets.  Looks like all the major Texas cities have it launched, so I'm happy.

Spark is pretty widespread in Austin but better in Dallas and San Antonio. Not too sure about Houston.

• Like 1

Wait wait wait. They're going to force us to change plans when I upgrade to a 6+. I thought that wasn't something Sprint was doing? Or has that changed in the past couple months? 

EDIT: Ok it looks like it's a problem with the Sprint website. Whenever I attempt to change the payment selection from EasyPay to 2 year agreement, it doesn't change. I got scared there for a second.

Edited by nahum365

If I preorder online does anyone have an idea of when I would see it on my doorstep? Earlier than next Friday?

Ups/fedex will hold the shipment and send it out for delivery on September 19th. You won't get it early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At least you won't have to deal with all the crazies at the Apple Store or Sprint store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I plan on going to put my name on the list for a phone on Friday and hopefully I'll be first. Be in and out before all the crazies wake up. Lol.

I plan on going to put my name on the list for a phone on Friday and hopefully I'll be first. Be in and out before all the crazies wake up. Lol.

Wait so there is a list I can sign???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate how Sprint phone delivery with ups doesn't allow me to hold at the sorting center for pickup. I hate waiting for them, and it's so much easier to get the package when it's convenient for me. I guess Sprint requests a home delivery only for security reasons.

I hate how Sprint phone delivery with ups doesn't allow me to hold at the sorting center for pickup. I hate waiting for them, and it's so much easier to get the package when it's convenient for me. I guess Sprint requests a home delivery only for security reasons.

With UPS you can get them to hold it at the station but it might cost you something like $5, go to UPS.com to find out and you can do the same with FedEx too once you know the tracking numbers, I'm going to be glad about not working next Friday. Do not want that headache.
  • Like 2

Wait so there is a list I can sign???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My local corporate store says they're starting a list. First come first serve to get put on the list and then they'll hold a phone for you. According to him they're only going to get 10 or so on launch day so I wanna make sure I get one. I'm in a smaller town so who knows how other cities and what not will be doing it.

When I was at a third party store last year we did first come first serve on launch without the list the week before. It was kinda chaotic since we only had 3 phones and we had to order the rest.

With UPS you can get them to hold it at the station but it might cost you something like $5, go to UPS.com to find out and you can do the same with FedEx too once you know the tracking numbers, I'm going to be glad about not working next Friday. Do not want that headache.

Not possible with Sprint. It failed to hold at facility for 2 phones and 1 hotspot that I've had delivered. Besides, holding at a ups facility is free. They do it to prevent credit card fraud by requiring it be shipped to the billing address.

Will this iPhone 6 not allow WiFi calling just yet? Yesterday I saw them list all the carriers but Sprint for WiFi calling. Maybe I am missing something.

Sprint hasn't announced that they will allow support for it, yet. I can almost guarantee that Sprint will get WiFi calling on the 6, even iOS 8 in general, they just haven't said they will support it yet. We need to wait for the device to be publicly available, then we shall see. Patience, young Padawan. :)

-Anthony

So, regarding resale value - this dinged up iPhone 5S sold for $490 internationally unlocked by Sprint:

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=171451692166

I'm going to list mine tonight, start it at $100, 7 day auction, no reserve. I have 1 year of transferable AppleCare+ & a near-mint phone. This should be fun. :)

• Like 4