iPhone 6 omnibus thread

sbolen

With today's announcement, we're finally inching towards a better Sprint network. Love them, or hate them, Apple users make up a large chunk of Sprint subscribers. Anyone coming off a 5 (2 years ago) will have access to 26, 41. 5s upgraders will add band 41, effectively helping to divvy up network traffic. It's a win-win for everyone.

Exactly. I'm excited. Now, irritating that they have forced me to spend 100 extra for 64 gb because I constantly find myself running out of space on my 16..... Dicks lol
  • Like 1

Exactly. I'm excited. Now, irritating that they have forced me to spend 100 extra for 64 gb because I constantly find myself running out of space on my 16..... Dicks lol

I am trying to decide if the extra storage is worth it.

I am trying to decide if the extra storage is worth it.

Me too.... I run out of space so often and it's annoying as hell to delete photos or whatever to make space. Maybe the icloud photo library thing they have coming out won't require me to have a 64 gb phone lol. I would've been happy with 32

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

If I'm reading the specs page correctly, it looks like it supports CDMA on AWS. That's rather odd since Cricket and MetroPCS were the only carriers using CDMA on AWS that I'm aware of.

Based on that, it looks like the Sprint model would be usable on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile, if unlocked. Verizon may decide to block iPhones from other networks. The new laws only prohibit the originating network from blocking it's use on another. It does not require other networks to accept it, though.

However, Tmo and AT&T will likely happily accept them and give you a SIM card for it after you pay off your Sprint contract. But I wouldn't be shocked if Apple requires them not to accept iPhones from other providers. It would be a way to get them to buy yet another iPhone at the next provider.

So it may turn out an unlocked iPhone from any carrier is not usable on ANY other network, even after unlocked. We will have to see what happens when people try.

Robert

I'm going to buy my iPhone 6 off-contract. I'll buy some prepaid SIM cards and let you know...

• Like 1

I wonder if things will change with regards to 1x800 voice being set to a lower priority on this version of the iPhone?

Hmmm. I sure hope so too. It doesn't have to be less priority, but certainly not requiring an absolutely dead pcs signal

Me too.... I run out of space so often and it's annoying as hell to delete photos or whatever to make space. Maybe the icloud photo library thing they have coming out won't require me to have a 64 gb phone lol. I would've been happy with 32

I have a 64GB IPhone 5S and still have ~40GB free. The key is to offload photos & videos regularly.

• Like 2

I'll be happy to graduate from 32 gig.  Now to decide:  LargeMcBigPhone or BigMcLargeHugePhone.

Love that reference!

• Like 1

https://www.apple.com/iphone-6/connectivity/

iPhone 6 also supports Voice over LTE (VoLTE) — wideband high-quality calls that make your conversations sound as crisp and clear as if you were face to face. And with simultaneous voice and LTE data, you can keep browsing while you’re talking.2

but I don't see anything here that specifies which (or all) carriers support SVLTE.

https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

edit to add full quote

Edited by dedub

I need to see these phones in person. That plus model seems massive, and borderline too big to comfortably use. It's bigger than my m8, and taller than a note 3. But I really want the better battery and ois in the camera.

Since VoLTE is just voice over IP, I think SVLTE is a given no matter what carrier it is. 

well, VOLTE and SVLTE are 2 different things, but you might be right, they are kind of combining them.

https://www.apple.com/iphone-6/connectivity/

but I don't see anything here that specifies which (or all) carriers support SVLTE.

https://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

edit to add full quote

They announced VoLTE only on Tmo. When Sprint gets VoLTE, you will be able to have a call over IP and a data session.

• Like 1

The masses are so angry that simultaneous voice and data doesn't really exist on newer phones with Sprint. This Apple iPhone 6 feature page touting volte with simultaneous voice and data is going to confuse people, and anger them shortly after launch. I can already imagine the Facebook/Twitter comment responses with Sprint.

• Like 1

The masses are so angry that simultaneous voice and data doesn't really exist on newer phones with Sprint. This Apple iPhone 6 feature page touting volte with simultaneous voice and data is going to confuse people, and anger them shortly after launch. I can already imagine the Facebook/Twitter comment responses with Sprint.

I think Apple did a pour job distinguishing the two.