Sprint Launched Locations as of June 23, 2014 by State

dkyeager

I have passed through a few small towns on the way from Kansas City to Branson where I have been able to pickup LTE on my M8.  When the Spark logo appears, is it really a Spark market? 

I have passed through a few small towns on the way from Kansas City to Branson where I have been able to pickup LTE on my M8. When the Spark logo appears, is it really a Spark market?

The spark icon only indicates LTE, which may be band 25, 26, or 41. Band 41, which provides the highest speeds, is rarely seen outside major cities, but lots of new equipment has been spotted for it in small towns and rural areas which should be activated soon. Band 26 LTE, which provides longer distance coverage and better building penetration, is available in your part of the world with the latest iphones or android triband phones.

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

I have passed through a few small towns on the way from Kansas City to Branson where I have been able to pickup LTE on my M8. When the Spark logo appears, is it really a Spark market?

I really wish Sprint only used the Spark logo for Band 41 high speed LTE. However, on Triband devices (except the Nexus 5) it shows the Spark logo anytime you are connected to LTE. Regardless of band or type.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I'm just glad that eCSFB/CSFB was working on my trip to Branson, Mo.  I was worried that my M8 would only be 3G but was surprised that I was able to get LTE in so many small towns along the way.

• Like 4

I really wish Sprint only used the Spark logo for Band 41 high speed LTE. However, on Triband devices (except the Nexus 5) it shows the Spark logo anytime you are connected to LTE. Regardless of band or type.

I agree with that.  I'm hoping (wishful thinking) that when Spark is more widespread, Sprint will push a software updated that just just that.  *fingers crossed*

I'm just glad that eCSFB/CSFB was working on my trip to Branson, Mo.  I was worried that my M8 would only be 3G but was surprised that I was able to get LTE in so many small towns along the way.

My parents just got back from Branson (mini vacation) and, although they aren't into this much at all, they said service was really good while they were there. :tu:   That's good to hear as, I'd imagine, the terrain in Branson would be a challenge for cell phone coverage.  

The spark icon only indicates LTE, which may be band 25, 26, or 41. Band 41, which provides the highest speeds, is rarely seen outside major cities, but lots of new equipment has been spotted for it in small towns and rural areas which should be activated soon. Band 26 LTE, which provides longer distance coverage and better building penetration, is available in your part of the world with the latest iphones or android triband phones.

sent by tapatalk from my LS-980 (G2)

will band 41 be in areas outside cities due to tower spacing.

I was glad I had a tri-band phone,  I could pickup LTE in some places where the iPhone was still on 3G. I was getting a signal on band 26.  :tu:

LTE service was not consistent due to the hilly terrain.

I was glad I had a tri-band phone,  I could pickup LTE in some places where the iPhone was still on 3G. I was getting a signal on band 26.  :tu:

LTE service was not consistent due to the hilly terrain.

Iphone 5S is a dual band LTE phone as in both band 25 and band 26. Just not band 41.

It was an iPhone 4.

Pigs will fly before the iPhone 4 has any relevance to LTE.

AJ

• Like 1

will band 41 be in areas outside cities due to tower spacing.

Most likely yes. Son wants a nationwide 2.5GHz TDD network. They have a nationwide license on the BRS/EBS spectrum and they're gonna use it.

Most likely yes. Son wants a nationwide 2.5GHz TDD network. They have a nationwide license on the BRS/EBS spectrum and they're gonna use it.

See the VTel thread, Sprint is working with VTel to ensure access to 2.6 GHz vendors (Nokia) and devices.

You should have had LTE in just about every place where Sprint has coverage except Springfield and Lake of the Ozarks.

For a supposed industry insider site, Fierce Wireless is increasingly becoming click bait -- with ignorant trolls running the comments.

AJ

For a supposed industry insider site, Fierce Wireless is increasingly becoming click bait -- with ignorant trolls running the comments.

AJ

I complained about it on the article. Most of the comments bashing Sprint didn't even have a damn thing to do with VTel and Sprint getting together to launch 2.6 GHz TD-LTE data services. That's what's so frustrating. It would be one thing to read articles bashing Sprint for being 4th place in network speed and see the subsequent comments. The trolls didn't even read the article in question.

I complained about it on the article. Most of the comments bashing Sprint didn't even have a damn thing to do with VTel and Sprint getting together to launch 2.6 GHz TD-LTE data services. That's what's so frustrating. It would be one thing to read articles bashing Sprint for being 4th place in network speed and see the subsequent comments. The trolls didn't even read the article in question.

They never do. Any story with Sprint in the title or in the body of the article is used by the morons as a pretext to go off on irrelevant tangents. :rolleyes:

• Like 2