Vtel- Sprint partner with 100% all 4g/LTE network

Destroyallcubes

So I saw this, and saw they plan on having 100Mbps wireless network. They mentioned Volte in 2015. Maybe a sign for Sprint to rollout Volte in 2015.

http://www.vermontbiz.com/news/june/vtel-wireless-deal-sprint-will-help-bring-100-megabits-second-vermonters

• Like 5

Isn't there an event this month, Happy Connecting, they call it, on the 23rd?

The happy connecting event could be about detailed info regarding this type of announcement plus CCA.

Ericsson is not a bad company, they make good equipment. They've just let their contractors get a little sloppy with deployment.

Compared to Nokia, TDD-LTE would be better on Nokia equipment. Hopefully it is earlier equipment. IAnd they choose to go with Samsung, or Nokia for TDD-LTE. I did notice they have decent pricing for fixed wireless.

Ericsson is not a bad company, they make good equipment. They've just let their contractors get a little sloppy with deployment. 

Compared to Nokia, TDD-LTE would be better on Nokia equipment. Hopefully it is earlier equipment. IAnd they choose to go with Samsung, or Nokia for TDD-LTE. I did notice they have decent pricing for fixed wireless.

Didn't we see a picture of an Ericsson TDD-LTE RRU a few months back?

That is a some titillating information there. Mmmm I wonder what the happy connecting event will showcase.

But I think VTel using B12/17, how do they use Sprint device on their network?

Because Rural Carriers are adding Sprint spectrum to their portfolios as a part of this agreement.  So their current spectrum holdings don't matter much.  Also, Sprint is adding 700 in their devices around the end of the year.

Robert

• Like 1

But I think VTel using B12/17, how do they use Sprint device on their network?

I think they will be deploying Sprint b41. That would be the best guess since they want to deploy 100mbps+.
  • Like 2

I think they will be deploying Sprint b41. That would be the best guess since they want to deploy 100mbps+.

Well, How do you use B41 in a rural area? I think B41 is only appropriate in high density populated area.  Coverage is a issue.

If they have enough B12/17 holdings, it won't be that much a problem to achieve 100Mbps

Well, How do you use B41 in a rural area? I think B41 is only appropriate in high density populated area. Coverage is a issue.

If they have enough B12/17 holdings, it won't be that much a problem to achieve 100Mbps

I disagree that B41 is "only appropriate" in high density areas. It's appropriate everywhere on every site if there are backup lower frequencies that can be overlaid with it as a fallback. It will work quite well. Probably 90% of their customers live/work in towns near cell sites. Vermont is more than ski slopes and dairy farms.

If they installed B41 on all their sites, it would provide a very good B41 high speed experience in most coverage area. And they can use B12/B26 as a fallback. They are not going to get anywhere near 100Mbps on their B12 holdings.

Sprint is offering the use of its spectrum and device ecosystem with these new rural partnerships. Our members have lameneted the loss of rural partners for years. This is exactly what we have been asking for.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...

Aka they're going to be using Nokia 8t8r equipment if they're using Ericsson for the base network which is a great thing.

Ericsson doesn't really have any b41 offerings commercially available in the US that can even compete on scale and performance that Samsung, alcatel-lucent, and Nokia networks can.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I may write Phil a note on my e-mail about the off-topic vendetta comments about Sprint. Most of the Sprint bashing on that last link is off-topic since VTel is running a network right now and they have an agreement to use EBS/BRS spectrum right now.

• Like 6