Map of companies working on LTE Upgrades

Not sure about that.... alcatel is awful as well

Really? They just enabled 1x800 voice here in Pahrump last night or this morning. I'd say they are doing well!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

At one time, yes. However, the new LightRadio gear that is coming in with TD-LTE deployment is dynamite. This is really good gear that puts Alcatel on the same tier as NSN and Samsung's deployment.

I really wish Ericsson would get the hint and release a new RBS series of smaller and better cabinets. RBS7000 series with AIR43?

Alcatel-Lucent lightRadio architecture is one of the most advanced in the world and on par with the best any other vendor can put out. There's a reason ALU and Nokia along with Ericsson was given a part of the massive TDD-LTE vendor contract for China Mobile. 

The Ericsson Band 41 offerings that I've seen pale in comparison to the 8T8R beasts sprint is utilizing. 

• Like 2

Since we're on the subject of NV vendors, has Samsung landed any notable contracts since Sprint? I can't think of any and that seems odd to me given how well they've done for Sprint.

Verizon small cell deployment has Samsung as a vendor. 

Samsung is still a relatively new upstart to the western hemisphere which as long been dominated by Ericsson, ALU, and NSN and most carriers are  wary of the new comer until they prove themselves. 

Verizon small cell deployment has Samsung as a vendor. 

Samsung is still a relatively new upstart to the western hemisphere which as long been dominated by Ericsson, ALU, and NSN and most carriers are  wary of the new comer until they prove themselves. 

Oh wow I didn't know that Verizon was using Samsung's small cells. That speaks highly on Samsung then because there's no way Verizon would use cheap crap for their equipment. 

At one time, yes. However, the new LightRadio gear that is coming in with TD-LTE deployment is dynamite. This is really good gear that puts Alcatel on the same tier as NSN and Samsung's deployment.

I really wish Ericsson would get the hint and release a new RBS series of smaller and better cabinets. RBS7000 series with AIR43?

That's good to hear, also to clarify I wasn't talking about the equipment I meant they are awful as far as deployment goes.

I believe they started in sprinfield 2 yrs ago and still going???? Still have dropped calls in the same spots which may be handoff issues. As I can only speak on them in my area... Its been a long frustrating time.

It did seem to get better but there really isn't much difference except we do have 800 voice but LTE/3g upgrades -Smh.

Some areas mainly spots in downtown are for the better, but again its around here. When I drive all the way over to Boston its a much better experience- its what I thought I would get over here.

For all of the flak that Ericsson gets, I've seen 35+ Mbps down on a 5x5 LTE carrier with them. That's close to the spec'd limit...and that was with a real-world device, outside lab conditions. They also have a pretty nice B26 LTE blanket here. Oh, and HD voice, and 1x800. Yes, it took 'em comparatively forever to make all that happen, but I was okay with the 4G-only upgrades 'til late last year because my S III took 'em in stride.

That said, I want me some NSN B41 TD-LTE. I've seen what they can do on the T-Mobile side (25ms LTE pings anyone?) so I'm pretty excited about what'll happen with Sprint once I can get access to the dang network.

Ericsson has a fire lit under them in St. Louis. I won't spoil anything but a lot of the STL metro is B26 now. We're waiting on Nokia to show so we can finally be a complete market here.

Since we're on the subject of NV vendors, has Samsung landed any notable contracts since Sprint? I can't think of any and that seems odd to me given how well they've done for Sprint.

I believe Samsung is also a vendor for Reliance's upcoming 4G launch in India.

Samsung is a major vendor in the Asian and middle eastern markets. They've only recently begun to enter *into the western markets like North America (gold mine for any company) and Europe. 

Edited by lilotimz
=__=

Samsung is a major vendor in the Asian and middle eastern markets. They've only recently begun fore rays into the western markets like North America (gold mine for any company) and Europe. 

Shouldn't European carriers be choosing vendors for their LTE rollouts fairly soon? I wonder if Samsung is going to make a strong push that area.

Samsung is a major vendor in the Asian and middle eastern markets. They've only recently begun fore rays...

Mr. Sulu, put the fore rays on photon torpedo and the aft rays on laser.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Shouldn't European carriers be choosing vendors for their LTE rollouts fairly soon? I wonder if Samsung is going to make a strong push that area.

Lots already have LTE rollouts going. NSN is kicking ass on winning a lot of these contracts. Samsung and Huawei are doing well too.

Lots already have LTE rollouts going. NSN is kicking ass on winning a lot of these contracts. Samsung and Huawei are doing well too.

I can't help but notice the absence of a certain European Networking vendor from your list.   ;)

b769e5c99f9441e5bfd96687128eff71a75ba76a

I do not appreciate you posting a picture of how the emergency personnel will find me still slaving away at S4GRU someday after not showing up for work nor answering phone calls from my family.

AJ

• Like 4

So I Heard Nokia is visiting All of the Ericsson sites. Could Nokia be lighting a fire under Ericssons ass, seeing all of the issues, and telling them to fix them?

I do not appreciate you posting a picture of how the emergency personnel will find me still slaving away at S4GRU someday after not showing up for work nor answering phone calls from my family.

AJ

Tell the dude behind you to pick up some fried chicken and call 911 then.

So I Heard Nokia is visiting All of the Ericsson sites. Could Nokia be lighting a fire under Ericssons ass, seeing all of the issues, and telling them to fix them?

Yes, Ericsson tiger team has been very busy.