Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite Beta (Formerly iOS 8 Beta/Mac OS 10.10 Beta)

Hopefully it all gets fixed! I mean, the battery life I'm getting is excellent! But the stabilty is terrible! Haha

-Anthony

Battery life? Excellent? Like what numbers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Battery life? Excellent? Like what numbers

Things like using Safari to browse S4GRU for about 30 minutes and the battery goes from 82% to 80% over that time span. And I can play a 3D game (CSR Racing) for an hour and the phone only goes down from 78% to 67%. That's much better than what I was getting on iOS 7.

-Anthony

Things like using Safari to browse S4GRU for about 30 minutes and the battery goes from 82% to 80% over that time span. And I can play a 3D game (CSR Racing) for an hour and the phone only goes down from 78% to 67%. That's much better than what I was getting on iOS 7.

-Anthony

Interesting. I look forward to that.

• Like 1

Whenever I get a new iPhone, I usually wait until .1 to grab the next generation iOS. I ran 6.x for awhile on my 5s before upgrading.

The 5S never ran iOS 6.... It was launched with 7.0.

• Like 1

The 5S never ran iOS 6.... It was launched with 7.0.

No it didn't. I swear I upgraded to 7 from 6. How could they ship a phone with an os that was out 2 days before the device? It didn't ship with a beta.

No it didn't. I swear I upgraded to 7 from 6. How could they ship a phone with an os that was out 2 days before the device? It didn't ship with a beta.

It came with iOS 7 on it. The Golden Master of iOS 7 (the final version that is released to developers and would later be released to the public) was released on September 11th. iOS 7 officially came out to the public on September 18th. Every iPhone that has ever been released has usually been officially available to the public 2 days after the public (keyword: public) iOS update came out.

Apple usually has the Golden Master of the OS ready for about a week and a half before the device comes out. When they put their finishing touches on the final beta of the OS, they create the Golden Master, and they first load that onto all of the inventory that they have built up over the past few months. They have millions of devices plugged into computers designed specifically to load the OS on the device in their factories in China. All that inventory doesn't just sit in a couple hundred Apple stores for a few weeks. It usually arrives at the stores a day or two before the device is publicly available.

-Anthony

EDIT: Also, when Apple does a keynote for a new iPhone, and you see them demoing the new device, that device is running the Golden Master of the new iOS.

• Like 3

I don't know what in God's name Apple did to the iOS 8 beta in between beta 2 and beta 3, but Holy Crap it freaking sucks! I've never used a worse iOS beta in my life! Things freezing, not functioning right, and a plethora of other things. Anyone who isn't on this beta version, do NOT upgrade to it until a newer one is out.

(Sorry about the rant. This warning came out to be a little ranty)

-Anthony

There is hope.  Version 4 will be out next week.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/new-ios-8-beta-to-launch-next-week

• Like 2

Wish they would release the public beta of Yosemite already! Patiently waiting here!

I wish they would too, but I'm thinking more towards middle or late August.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

It came with iOS 7 on it. The Golden Master of iOS 7 (the final version that is released to developers and would later be released to the public) was released on September 11th. iOS 7 officially came out to the public on September 18th. Every iPhone that has ever been released has usually been officially available to the public 2 days after the public (keyword: public) iOS update came out.

Apple usually has the Golden Master of the OS ready for about a week and a half before the device comes out. When they put their finishing touches on the final beta of the OS, they create the Golden Master, and they first load that onto all of the inventory that they have built up over the past few months. They have millions of devices plugged into computers designed specifically to load the OS on the device in their factories in China. All that inventory doesn't just sit in a couple hundred Apple stores for a few weeks. It usually arrives at the stores a day or two before the device is publicly available.

-Anthony

EDIT: Also, when Apple does a keynote for a new iPhone, and you see them demoing the new device, that device is running the Golden Master of the new iOS.

Did you get your hands on the new Beta?  It was to be released today.

Did you get your hands on the new Beta? It was to be released today.

Beta 4? No. As far as I know, beta 4 has not been released yet. It will most likely be out tomorrow or sometime next week.

-Anthony

Beta 4? No. As far as I know, beta 4 has not been released yet. It will most likely be out tomorrow or sometime next week.

-Anthony

My apologies.  I thought I had read somewhere that Beta 4 was to be released today.

My apologies. I thought I had read somewhere that Beta 4 was to be released today.

You probably read correctly. I just looked, and it has been released. So actually, my apologies. I've been traveling all day so I wasn't able to keep up. I'll see what's new and report back.

-Anthony

• Like 1

Apple needs to put "Tips" in the settings. They raved about how simple iOS is they don't need to further "simplify" it by adding a Tips app on the home screen. (Or to my extensive "Apple Trash" folder)

I agree about putting tips in the settings app, but it should also pop up when you first setup the device.

My folder is called "utilities" and has 14 apps in it. This is getting ridiculous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Apple needs to put "Tips" in the settings. They raved about how simple iOS is they don't need to further "simplify" it by adding a Tips app on the home screen. (Or to my extensive "Apple Trash" folder)

One of my favorite tenants in iOS design (or really, any application design - web/mobile/desktop), is that if you need to take people on a tour, it's not very intuitive.

I can see, though, why this would be important for people like my 70 year-old dad. If this cuts down on the phone calls and FaceTimes, I'm totally ok with another default app! :)

One of my favorite tenants in iOS design (or really, any application design - web/mobile/desktop), is that if you need to take people on a tour, it's not very intuitive.

I can see, though, why this would be important for people like my 70 year-old dad. If this cuts down on the phone calls and FaceTimes, I'm totally ok with another default app! :)

When my mom bought herself an iPad (she got a killer deal somehow but that's not relevant to this), she literally waited until I came home to tell me to set it up for her. She had no idea how to use it, or her iPhone... And probably still has no idea how to use the products with the exception of basic functions lol.