Sprints 'Happy Connecting' Event

JThorson

I thought it was pretty obvious that the event would be about the evolution and transformation of the Sprint network. The giant celll phone tower on the announcement and the use of the word "connecting" seem to all but give that away (at least in my mind). I didn't find anything at all mysterious about the announcement and am confused as to why anyone would, especially as mid 2014 has long been Sprint's publicly announced goal of largely completing network vision's first phase...

I'm confused because Sprint has over 3,300 sites that haven't even been touched yet, let alone the thousands more with no B25 LTE (which is a part of NV 1.0). If this event is indeed about the "substantial completion" of the first phase of Network Vision, than many people in legacy markets are going to feel angry, as if Sprint has overlooked them. Therefore, I hope and expect it to be about something else (HD Voice?), but who knows.

I'm confused because Sprint has over 3,300 sites that haven't even been touched yet, let alone the thousands more with no B25 LTE (which is a part of NV 1.0). If this event is indeed about the "substantial completion" of the first phase of Network Vision, than many people in legacy markets are going to feel angry, as if Sprint has overlooked them. Therefore, I hope and expect it to be about something else (HD Voice?), but who knows.

Even with 3,000 sites remaining, it can be argued that the buildout is "substantially" complete. 

However, I expect the announcement will have more to do with HD Voice, and most of the network having the 3G upgrade in place. 

Even with 3,000 sites remaining, it can be argued that the buildout is "substantially" complete. 

However, I expect the announcement will have more to do with HD Voice, and most of the network having the 3G upgrade in place. 

3000 is 3000 site's not touched,woop's with no 4g = substantially incomplete to just about everybody outside of this forum Sprint need's to wake up.

3000 is 3000 site's not touched,9398 with no 4g = substantially incomplete to just about everybody outside of this forum Sprint need's to wake up.

Wow. Did Sprint say that? Besides NV was not singularly about LTE and 3000 sites out of 40,000 is essentially complete especially if the hold up on those 3,000 is permitting and access issues. We all have known for awhile that there were some sites that would never be touched, never get LTE or the owners/communities were being  obstructive.

3000 is 3000 site's not touched,9398 with no 4g = substantially incomplete to just about everybody outside of this forum Sprint need's to wake up.

Yeah, somebody needs a wake up call -- about forum rules and written English.

AJ

3000 is 3000 site's not touched, **** with no 4g = substantially incomplete to just about everybody outside of this forum Sprint need's to wake up.

93% complete is substantially complete for most people I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 3

93% complete is substantially complete for most people I believe.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I agree but... It would be good to know percent complete on the west versus East coast. The east coast is much further along than the west coast in my belief. Also, if a large portion of the 93% is overloaded, then it would not be good to announce that NV is substantially complete

I agree but... It would be good to know percent complete on the west versus East coast. The east coast is much further along than the west coast in my belief. Also, if a large portion of the 93% is overloaded, then it would not be good to announce that NV is substantially complete

Just look at the not complete maps in the sponsor area. I think you'll find both the east and west coasts have significant pockets of legacy sites.

Those statistics are for NV equipment install and acceptance, not necessarily LTE.

Sprint should use sex appeal in its marketing.

Just put the T-Mobile bike chick in the framily commercials.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I don't know if she was ever fired. I just think the campaign focus changed on their end.

Most likely complaints about lack of "nationwide coverage" combined with the words 4g. Caused a lot of confusion.
  • Like 1

My definition of substantially complete would be 95%.

I'll say each layer of the network is complete when 95% of sites are deployed with that layer of technology. By that standard, 1900 LTE may take a while. 3G is probably a lot closer and 800 CDMA has a ways to go as well. 

I have to wonder if that is because you are in Sacramento.....

Look at the big picture here Tim.

I was just in San Francisco today FYI and around East bay market.

San Francisco is all ecsfb gap or legacy while tmobile is humming around with Ericsson airs everywhere and att and VZW has rrus12s/a2s all over the place with solid speeds >6 mbps (vzw / tmo  >20) at multiple sections of the city while Sprint was...

.Z03Hhne.png?1

I.E. Legacy 3G

East bay market speeds were all collapsed and over capacity or spotty to the point of uselessness the entire way back to Sacramento.

(Examples)

w92zeDv.png?1

8pFAP6g.png?1

nGgftfI.png?1

Sprints Network Vision cannot be objectively considered objectively "complete" if a Top 11 market and multiple Top 50 markets are still nearly entirely legacy or mostly not even meeting Sprints advertised speeds. The big picture is not pretty either when you look at the project as a whole instead of just the physical equipment replacement. 

John Saw has a lot to do to fix the mess Azzi and Elfman & others left behind. 

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 4