Sprints 'Happy Connecting' Event

JThorson

Sorry about the off topic rant, couldn't help myself ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if it was about "completion" of the first phase, my experience has been pretty satisfying through the years travels. Maybe will be augmented by more WiFi calling compatibility and HD voice...whatever it is they're implying announcing something networky. My limited knowledge won't let me speculate on anything more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's definitely not going to be about network completion. Everyone on this site knows this. The best they will be able to say is that they have started on every site or at least completed permitting. The graphic for the event looks like its on a speaker so I'm guessing it's some kind of new bundled service like the spotify phone.

Announcement of the CCA and Netamerica alliance announcements, talking about expanded coverage, NV 2.0 talks.

• Like 1

Well after looking at the invite picture it shows a cell tower, and lines connecting to different things. I think it actually may be network based. Possibly band 26 announcements, and future network enhancements coming. Makes sense based on what I see

• Like 1

Well after looking at the invite picture it shows a cell tower, and lines connecting to different things. I think it actually may be network based. Possibly band 26 announcements, and future network enhancements coming. Makes sense based on what I see

Maybe they took a page from Verizon and updated a bunch of towers to Spark capability but they have not flipped the switch yet? Just thinking out loud.

Maybe they took a page from Verizon and updated a bunch of towers to Spark capability but they have not flipped the switch yet? Just thinking out loud.

Well they'd need new equipment for spark or they are waiting to light up more dual wimax/LTE equipment. Im not sure what it takes to turn in LTE on dual wimax/LTE clear sites. But maybe in some areas when they get 2 PCS carriers and band 26, they could be marketed as Spark?

Well they'd need new equipment for spark or they are waiting to light up more dual wimax/LTE equipment. Im not sure what it takes to turn in LTE on dual wimax/LTE clear sites. But maybe in some areas when they get 2 PCS carriers and band 26, they could be marketed as Spark?

IIRC band 26 only needs another card and appropriate back haul. Not sure what the hold up is on converting the wimax sites.

IIRC band 26 only needs another card and appropriate back haul. Not sure what the hold up is on converting the wimax sites.

Yeah correct on b26. Usually quick to install. For another band 25 LTE carrier just evacuating the 1x/evdo carriers and fill in with LTE. Hopefully we see more band 25 LTE carriers pop up. Any one know how many 1x/evdo spectrum they need for voice/3g data? I imagine here they could sacrifice 10/30mhz for another LTE carrier. Given I have only seen one 1x1900 carrier, and one evdo carrier here.

Yeah correct on b26. Usually quick to install. For another band 25 LTE carrier just evacuating the 1x/evdo carriers and fill in with LTE. Hopefully we see more band 25 LTE carriers pop up. Any one know how many 1x/evdo spectrum they need for voice/3g data? I imagine here they could sacrifice 10/30mhz for another LTE carrier. Given I have only seen one 1x1900 carrier, and one evdo carrier here.

Ugh. I meant b41 but I would have been wrong anyway. Looks as if band 41 requires new equipment.

Ugh. I meant b41 but I would have been wrong anyway. Looks as if band 41 requires new equipment.

Yeah band 41 requires new Panels, with RRUs. The NV 1.0 equipment does not support b41. Some existing wimax equipment 2011 or later from Samsung and huawei I believe are dual wimax/LTE capable. But I do not know what it takes to turn b41 on, on these sites.

Ah, geez, is this the "4G fee" again?  I can just see it now.  I will be paying the extra $10 and told I will get a happy ending this summer.  But next year, I will still be waiting.

You did get the fractured speech pattern right, though.  "You want happy ending?  That cost extra.  Me love you long time."

AJ

AJ, you can always tell them that "Five dollars is all my Mom allows me to spend..."  But hey, bring the Framily, you can get the love for less... :tu:

AJ, you can always tell them that "Five dollars is all my Mom allows me to spend..."  But hey, bring the Framily, you can get the love for less... :tu:

The Framily that gets happy endings together stays together.

AJ

• Like 1

Seems like many of you are enjoying sprints upgrades.. There are still a lot of us with "completed" or "launched" lte areas where service is awful at best. Not trying to rant however, if sprint talks network they should be careful in what words they choose. The new network in many places is not what many thought it would after the upgrades... 3g is still at a crawl in many areas that have lte launched.. I do know it has to do with congestion, backhaul, etc, etc. If Sprint were to make some announcement about how much better the network is, well I guess they only mean certain market maybe.

Hopefully they will say how far along they are and what to expect next with the build out and C.A. will be coming soon, along with the lte roaming deals or something.. 

Hopefully good things are coming! 

• Like 3

Ah, geez, is this the "4G fee" again?  I can just see it now.  I will be paying the extra $10 and told I will get a happy ending this summer.  But next year, I will still be waiting.

You did get the fractured speech pattern right, though.  "You want happy ending?  That cost extra.  Me love you long time."

AJ

did you get the Anjelah Johnson reference? The "glitter gel"/Asian nail parlor skit?

did you get the Anjelah Johnson reference? The "glitter gel"/Asian nail parlor skit?

Nope, never heard of her.  All I can say is that someone should have helped her momma spell her daughter's name properly.

AJ

Seems like many of you are enjoying sprints upgrades.. There are still a lot of us with "completed" or "launched" lte areas where service is awful at best. Not trying to rant however, if sprint talks network they should be careful in what words they choose. The new network in many places is not what many thought it would after the upgrades... 3g is still at a crawl in many areas that have lte launched.. I do know it has to do with congestion, backhaul, etc, etc. If Sprint were to make some announcement about how much better the network is, well I guess they only mean certain market maybe.

Hopefully they will say how far along they are and what to expect next with the build out and C.A. will be coming soon, along with the lte roaming deals or something.. 

Hopefully good things are coming! 

You are right and Sprint needs to improve the customer experience by 100%. You expect Verizon and AT&T to work and with Sprint you have the "hope" that you will get service. Even in congested markets, you rely on Verizon because their network just is available and even if there is just the illusion, being connected and being happy are not what I would associate with Sprint. Okay, I have a B41 site close to my house and good speeds but these speeds are not consistent. 

I believe this may be related to the recent announcement that Verizon has secured VOIP interconnects with Sprint and T-Mobile. This may have something to do with inter-carrier HD voice.

It may also be related to some sort of cloud synchronization of services and/or storage.

• Like 2

Two notes I want to make.

1. First off, I suspect this announcement has more to do with something Sprint could do to be more friendly in a consumer-facing manner. Maybe a better price plan and structure. This may well have nothing to do with cellular technology, though I'll appreciate any announcement to speed up B26 and B41 deployment as well as building additional cells on fringe Sprint areas. This brings me to the second point:

2. Most of the people who are on the Internet who complain about Sprint have had a bad experience with Sprint down the line at some point. The only simple way to fix that is to put their heads down and fix the issues with the Sprint network. Until then, I think the best move is to ignore Internet chatter on Sprint.

• Like 5

Nope, never heard of her.  All I can say is that someone should have helped her momma spell her daughter's name properly.

AJ

Yeah I really hate when people spell otherwise normal names in a "unique" fashion in attempt to be original.  Makes zero sense and is, at best, a bit tacky.

But here is the link