Sprints 'Happy Connecting' Event

JThorson

Here's a serious question.

Did any of the global providers like China Mobile, SoftBank, Optus, KT, SK, Bharti Airtel, and any of the others in the TD-LTE group along with Sprint have the CSFB/eCSFB issues that Sprint is having? I'm really curious here.

• Like 3

Here's a serious question.

Did any of the global providers like China Mobile, SoftBank, Optus, KT, SK, Bharti Airtel, and any of the others in the TD-LTE group along with Sprint have the CSFB/eCSFB issues that Sprint is having? I'm really curious here.

No. They had previous implementations of csfb or went straight to ecsfb when deploying their lte network.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Substantially complete means that only outliers are remaining to be complete. Outliers meaning sites with characteristics and circumstances that prevent it from being completed with the majority norm.

We are nearing Substantial Completion with Network Vision. We are tracking it on a market by market level in the NV Running List section. You will likely see a lot of markets go to Substantially Complete in June and July. Just a handful remaining into August.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

Substantially complete means nothing in the areas where ECSFB problems (from recent b26/41 updates) are rampant.

They need to seriously need to start ensuring these newer updates don't interfere with existing b25 coverage, as it is taking entire areas back to pre-nv coverage.

Substantially complete means that only outliers are remaining to be complete. Outliers meaning sites with characteristics and circumstances that prevent it from being completed with the majority norm.

We are nearing Substantial Completion with Network Vision. We are tracking it on a market by market level in the NV Running List section. You will likely see a lot of markets go to Substantially Complete in June and July. Just a handful remaining into August.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/212-network-visionlte-deployment-running-list/

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Sprint is fudging here. The original NV plaans had 1900 Lte substancially complete, this has changed to 3g substantially complete. Another delay, just one they don't want to declare out loud. It's unforntunate but I believe these delays have been so costly to Sprint that the company now needs the T-Mobile merger to survive.

Sprint is fudging here. The original NV plaans had 1900 Lte substancially complete, this has changed to 3g substantially complete. Another delay, just one they don't want to declare out loud. It's unforntunate but I believe these delays have been so costly to Sprint that the company now needs the T-Mobile merger to survive.

Sprint? I've never heard Sprint say anything about Substantial Completion. I have been the one saying Substantial Completion and others are picking it up. I still have not seen Sprint refer to being Substantially Complete with anything yet. Substantial Completion is a common construction industry term that we use in my business.

That being said, when a site has Network Vision upgrades complete, it has all the LTE equipment installed. It just is requiring upgraded backhaul to plug in and voila, you have LTE. When all the physical upgrades are done at a site, the site is NV complete in my opinion. It is complete with NV upgrades.

And one day backhaul will arrive and one guy can go out and fire up the LTE in an hour or two. You may not like the term substantial completion. And you may not like that Sprint is nearing Substantial Completion in many markets. But it is happening. And it's real. And whether it is an important milestone or not to you is fine. I'm OK with that.

LTE is coming along behind NV complete sites rather quickly here lately though. And Masa is kicking the new network guys right in the most tender part of their derrières. It's happening now as fast it can now. And arguing over the semantics of objective technical terms is rather pointless for all of us.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Sprint? I've never heard Sprint say anything about Substantial Completion. I have been the one saying Substantial Completion and others are picking it up. I still have not seen Sprint refer to being Substantially Complete with anything yet. Substantial Completion is a common construction industry term that we use in my business.

That being said, when a site has Network Vision upgrades complete, it has all the LTE equipment installed. It just is requiring upgraded backhaul to plug in and voila, you have LTE. When all the physical upgrades are done at a site, the site is NV complete in my opinion. It is complete with NV upgrades.

And one day backhaul will arrive and one guy can go out and fire up the LTE in an hour or two. You may not like the term substantial completion. And you may not like that Sprint is nearing Substantial Completion in many markets. But it is happening. And it's real. And whether it is an important milestone or not to you is fine. I'm OK with that.

LTE is coming along behind NV complete sites rather quickly here lately though. And Masa is kicking the new network guys right in the most tender part of their derrières. It's happening now as fast it can now. And arguing over the semantics of objective technical terms is rather pointless for all of us.

You and Dan Hesse have both been saying substantially complete. Dan since the last quarterly earnings and in several interviews. The problem is Sprint is racking up a bad reputation that is going to take billions to repair at this point and it is largely do to the failure to exicute on the NV plan.

You and Dan Hesse have both been saying substantially complete. Dan since the last quarterly earnings and in several interviews. The problem is Sprint is racking up a bad reputation that is going to take billions to repair at this point and it is largely do to the failure to exicute on the NV plan.

It is what it is now and Sprint Network Management is working it as fast as they can now with the new leadership and Masa. The past is what it is too. People will do what people will do with their money.

It's not going to be easy for Sprint. But there is only forward now.

• Like 1

So since the event is held in Chicago, I think they will talk about HD Voice and their network and the upgrades. I think it will focus mostly on Spark and how having 3 bands can provide capacity and speed to customers. I think they will also have a demonstration of their network and show the speeds they are getting. I think that would be a good way to advertise the new network.

• Like 1

I hope they announce that they're bundling a certain amount of tethering with their new plans. Maybe 1GB of free tethering on Unlimited Framily Plans. That'd be even more incentive to switch to Framily and/or switch from a different carrier to Sprint.

• Like 10

I hope they announce that they're bundling a certain amount of tethering with their new plans. Maybe 1GB of free tethering on Unlimited Framily Plans. That'd be even more incentive to switch to Framily and/or switch from a different carrier to Sprint.

I would be over the moon with any amount of free tethering on an Unlimited Framily plan - even 200MB.

• Like 4

Maybe, but there are no LTE Advanced capable devices on Sprint yet. Maybe VoLTE trials in certain markets.

Not yet. The g3 could possibly be, I can't remember if it is. If not, I doubt the Note 4 would be either. Possible but unlikely. But Didn't The carriers launch LTE before any smartphones had LTE capabilities ?

Didn't the Sprint G3 hit the FCC today?

Havent checked in a few days. But I thought the ATT variant was going to be CA capable. If they do have CA capable sprint g3 I'd would be a hit.

Havent checked in a few days. But I thought the ATT variant was going to be CA capable. If they do have CA capable sprint g3 I'd would be a hit.

Regarding carrier aggregation, milan03 had a great point a few months ago.  Understand that Category 3 LTE basebands do not support greater than 20 MHz FDD/TDD at a time.  AT&T carrier aggregation is pairing two 5/10 MHz FDD carriers, so it is not exceeding the 20 MHz limitation.  Sprint Spark carrier aggregation will pair multiple 20 MHz TDD carriers, so it must wait for higher category basebands from Qualcomm.  And I do not recall if those are available for the LG G3.

AJ

• Like 1

Regarding carrier aggregation, milan03 had a great point a few months ago.  Understand that Category 3 LTE basebands do not support greater than 20 MHz FDD/TDD at a time.  AT&T carrier aggregation is pairing two 5/10 MHz FDD carriers, so it is not exceeding the 20 MHz limitation.  Sprint Spark carrier aggregation will pair multiple 20 MHz TDD carriers, so it must wait for higher category basebands from Qualcomm.  And I do not recall if those are available for the LG G3.

AJ

While that's true, could they not aggregate B25 and B26 to have 10Mhz and 8Mhz FDD?

Regarding carrier aggregation, milan03 had a great point a few months ago. Understand that Category 3 LTE basebands do not support greater than 20 MHz FDD/TDD at a time. AT&T carrier aggregation is pairing two 5/10 MHz FDD carriers, so it is not exceeding the 20 MHz limitation. Sprint Spark carrier aggregation will pair multiple 20 MHz TDD carriers, so it must wait for higher category basebands from Qualcomm. And I do not recall if those are available for the LG G3.

AJ

well I was thinking the biggest benefit would be pairing multiple PCS carriers to help out in strained areas.

According to this site:http://m.gsmarena.com/lg_g3-6294.php

The g3 has Cat 4 LTE

Edit: supports up too 10mhz b25,b26. And 20mhz for b41

LTE has two tx/Rx antenna and two Rx antenna

Regarding carrier aggregation, milan03 had a great point a few months ago. Understand that Category 3 LTE basebands do not support greater than 20 MHz FDD/TDD at a time. AT&T carrier aggregation is pairing two 5/10 MHz FDD carriers, so it is not exceeding the 20 MHz limitation. Sprint Spark carrier aggregation will pair multiple 20 MHz TDD carriers, so it must wait for higher category basebands from Qualcomm. And I do not recall if those are available for the LG G3.

AJ

We won't see 40MHz aggregation until the 805 devices show up. The MDM9x35 modem that can be paired with those has LTE Cat 6.

After watching T-Mobile's event, I can only imagine what Sprint is planning. Sprint is probably adjusting their presentation right now.

The Uncarrier 6.0 Net Neutrality mess?

• Like 2

After watching T-Mobile's event, I can only imagine what Sprint is planning. Sprint is probably adjusting their presentation right now.

What did they announce at their event?

What did they announce at their event?

#7nightstand test drive their network with an iPhone 5s, music streaming and adding 17million customers since uncarrier 1.0

iPhone 5S test drive and music services (lots of them) streaming for free, regardless of data allotment. 

Also of note, MetroPCS customers were counted in their customer gained statistics. 

• Like 2