2014 WWDC Keynote Updates

sbolen

Based on Fall release for both iOS 8 and Yosemite, I'm guessing a September release for iOS 8 with the next gen iPhone and hopefully Yosemite will release right before or shortly after iOS 8.

Based on Fall release for both iOS 8 and Yosemite, I'm guessing a September release for iOS 8 with the next gen iPhone and hopefully Yosemite will release right before or shortly after iOS 8.

You can test drive Yosemite as a beta tester. The first 1 million people. It's on apple website in the mavericks page all the way at the bottom.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

You can test drive Yosemite as a beta tester. The first 1 million people. It's on apple website in the mavericks page all the way at the bottom.

Already signed up with both of my iCloud accounts! ;)

Just read the audio messages are self destructing. Very cool. Also two other features they didn't have time to talk about where that ios 8 now allows you to see battery usage per apps, like android. And you can adjust the exposure in the camera app.

http://gizmodo.com/two-of-the-best-ios-8-features-apple-didnt-talk-about-1585067851/all

• Like 1

On the bright side, I installed the beta on my 5s. Field test is finally updated for the 4 inch screen. About damn time!!

-Anthony

Finally!

Picture please!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

On the bright side, I installed the beta on my 5s. Field test is finally updated for the 4 inch screen. About damn time!!

-Anthony

Awesome!

Since my iPhone is controlled by our corporate MDM BYOD program for native email and RSA soft token, I can't install the beta. I'll grab it for iPad, though...

• Like 2

I tried installing the Beta but after a restart it prompted me to register as a developer and locked me out. I guess they changed the policy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried installing the Beta but after a restart it prompted me to register as a developer and locked me out. I guess they changed the policy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not surprised. They should have done that a long time ago.

There is an app for the heart monitor using the iPhone camera and light to detect the blood flow in yah finger. Kinda like what the finger clamps do at hospitals.

I just am curious to see what they're planning. Is apple moving into a health craze? How is my cholesterol going to be managed. Blood tests daily? Lol what. Only thing realistically would be a watch or EarPods that detect pulse. Everything else no idea.

Also great when coupled with the iColon HD self-colonoscopy sensor. You can see everything with that scope.

• Like 2

Also great when coupled with the iColon HD self-colonoscopy sensor. You can see everything with that scope.

I seriously hope that you are joking on that, because that is just absolutely disgusting in every way possible!

• Like 1

That is an ingenious idea because, after all, where is the safest place to keep your iPhone but up your...

AJ

• Like 2

So is it me or is the Difference between Ios and Android starting to get less and less? I am not here to say one operating system is stealing from another, But I haven't seen something Just completely different, something to separate the two. The people at Apple are trying to get Ios more like Android , from What I was able to read about. If the New Iphone has b41 Then I may give Iphone a test drive. But if they decide no b41, then It is obvious I will go Note 4 or New Nexus(hopefully there will be one) when it comes out. 

I was just surprised that not much was leaked. Only a few things, like health fit and the flat design which was OBVIOUS.

I'm glad Apple kept more under the radar with 10.10 and iOS 8. I think some of their former executives were leaking stuff for money.

• Like 1

Got around to watching the keynote.  The Continuity thing looks to be a fantastic feature.  I hate having to go check my iPhone across the room when I get an SMS message, and now I'll be able to reply to those messages from my iPad or desktop Mac.

Phone calls could be useful too, but I'll have to wait to see how well speakerphone works first.

Switching among your devices while writing an email or working on a document and seamlessly continue your work will be useful as well. 

Finally apps can share data and work on the same file.

Overall I was pretty satisfied with the upcoming features of iOS and Mac OS X.  Added features that competitors had that were really needed and some new features to keep them on their toes.

I think some of their former executives were leaking stuff for money.

I bet it was Apple's own PR team. They want to leak some stuff to start building hype. Remember when the prototype "accidentally" ended up at bar?

I bet it was Apple's own PR team. They want to leak some stuff to start building hype. Remember when the prototype "accidentally" ended up at bar?

I really think that was a mistake because the guy was so drunk he forgot it.

That wouldn't happen under Katie Cotton's watch. If there were 'leaks,' they were controlled, and to the WSJ or another reputable source - not Gizmodo.

That wouldn't happen under Katie Cotton's watch. If there were 'leaks,' they were controlled, and to the WSJ or another reputable source - not Gizmodo.

I hadn't thought of that.  I think you are right, they wouldn't go to a small blog they would go to a large news organization to get them closer to the shareholders.