Masayoshi Son says America doesn't know how bad its internet speed is.

MrZorbatron

Do any of you with faster speeds have data caps?  I'm worried TWC and Comcast merger will introduce data caps in our area.

Comcast offers up to 105 Mbps in my market. We have an unenforced ("suspended") 250 GB data allowance back from when they first tried that a few years ago. You are able to monitor your usage from your account portal, but I regularly go over that amount without any issues.

Midcontinent just doubled my speeds to 200Mbps down/30 up from 100Mbps down/15 up. Not too shabby for a rural and remote city. But here we have two to four choices for broadband.

Almost everyone in Rapid City can get CenturyLink and Midcontinent. Many can also get WOW cable internet. And a quarter can get fiber to the home from Golden West.

Competition is a good thing when it comes to internet service.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 8

Midcontinent just doubled my speeds to 200Mbps down/30 up from 100Mbps down/15 up. Not too shabby for a rural and remote city. But here we have two to four choices for broadband.

Almost everyone in Rapid City can get CenturyLink and Midcontinent. Many can also get WOW cable internet. And a quarter can get fiber to the home from Golden West.

Competition is a good thing when it comes to internet service.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

And that makes me even more upset that I made a choice moving to a place with restrictions.

Yeah I have to say I love midco. In bemidji we have midco with upto 200mbps, paul bunyan with up to 1gbps and century link with upto 40 mbps. Not to shabby.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk