Sprint Reportedly Bowing Out of T-Mobile Bid (was "Sprint offer" and "Iliad" threads)

thepowerofdonuts

Ebs is the 2600? Or the 2500?

Will sprint give it all to them or EVEN swap value wise?

EBS is generally the 2500MMz band. BRS, the 2600MHz band. For a band plan, see here:

http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/brsebs/data/BRSEBSBandPlan.pdf

EBS is all leased from different educational institutions and the Catholic Church. BRS is all owned.

I don't know what the value of leased spectrum is.

There has been lots of chatter about this but The Verge is reporting at about 5:05pm on 6/4/2014 that Sprint is close to announcing a deal to purchase T-Mobile.

http://mobile.theverge.com/2014/6/4/5780704/sprint-is-reportedly-close-to-an-agreement-to-buy-t-mobile

I am interested in hearing people's thoughts on what the short-term and long-term benefits could be for Sprint customers if this is true.

Short term, it would be wonderful if there could be full GSM roaming in-plan for Sprint customers including the current T-Mobile international benefit (I know but the data is extremely slow.)

That would be good and bad. Good as there will be more coverage but bad that we would have to purchase new devices that can utilize all the different spectrums.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

So DT sells TMUS for $32 billion? Too bad they paid over $50 billion for Voicestream back in '00. What were they thinking back then??

Wildly inflated prices caused by the Dotcom rush. Plus they will maintain a 20% interest in the combined company.

• Like 1

That would be good and bad. Good as there will be more coverage but bad that we would have to purchase new devices that can utilize all the different spectrums.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Unless you have a Nexus 5?

That 1 Billion dollar breakup fee could sure get a lot of B41 sites running.

The entire idea of a break up fee is garbage.

Hey I want to buy this truck. OK, but if financing doesn't go through, you owe us 2 grand anyway.

Sent from my HTC M8

• Like 6

Although multiple sources are on the story since a few hours ago, the details vary from source to source.  Perhaps a sign of active negotiations and both sides releasing info?

As for the likelihood of approval, how do we reconcile the continued approval of small acquisitions by the duopoly?  Why is it acceptable to Verizon or ATT to continue to buy the small players one by one but not acceptable for two companies to form a competitor that is closer in size and scale to the duopoly? Assuming the combined entity is willing to divest unused spectrum that it disproportionately holds, what are we really debating?  Every time Verizon or ATT picks off another regional carrier, the competitive environment for Sprint and Tmo becomes more dim. 

• Like 3

The deal to buy T-Mobile US is worth about $50 billion including debt.

The current market capitalization of Sprint is $37 billion.  :wacko:

The deal to buy T-Mobile US is worth about $50 billion including debt.

The current market capitalization of Sprint is $37 billion. :wacko:

And SoftBank bought Sprint for $20 billion.

It's about time....They have been talking to each other for about 3+ freaking years. It's like the people that are engaged for 7 years and finally decide to tie the knot. Enough already!

Edited by bigsnake49
  • Like 2

It's like the people that are engaged for 7 years and finally decide to tie the knot. Enough already!

Do those people have happy marriages?

That 1 Billion dollar breakup fee could sure get a lot of B41 sites running.

The entire idea of a break up fee is garbage.

Hey I want to buy this truck. OK, but if financing doesn't go through, you owe us 2 grand anyway.

Sent from my HTC M8

Tmobile plan?

-Lure Sprint into deal

-Petition FCC to deny deal

-Deal denied

-Make $1 billion on the cost of $250,000 in lawyer fees

-PROFIT

• Like 3

Tmobile plan?

-Lure Sprint into deal

-Deal denied

-PROFIT

The deal will be approved with substantial concessions.

• Like 1

The deal will be approved with substantial concessions.

People said the same thing about the ATT deal...... Dont bank on it. DT has though. Either way they win.

Sent from my HTC M8

• Like 1

There sure are some dumbasses out there with access to the internet and a keyboard. I highly advise against reading any of the comments from The Verge, BGR, etc.

• Like 3

Also, I really wish I would have pulled the trigger on more Sprint stock a few months ago.

Still, $9.82 in aftermarket trading ain't a bad buy when we all know what this company is capable of doing with NV2.0 rolled out.

• Like 1

Tmobile plan?

-Lure Sprint into deal

-Deal denied

-PROFIT

They could do that or they could push the deal through and get more than that. Why petition it when the payday is bigger if they try to let it happen.

There sure are some dumbasses out there with access to the internet and a keyboard. I highly advise against reading any of the comments from The Verge, BGR, etc.

And I've seen some commenters who get that a potential deal could be a good thing too, although there will likely be sacrifices on both ends. I know the duopoly can't be too happy with this prospect.

I think what is silly here is that people think T-Mobile alone can compete with the Duopoly. The reality is that neither Sprint nor T-Mobile can.

• Like 2