Sprint Reportedly Bowing Out of T-Mobile Bid (was "Sprint offer" and "Iliad" threads)

thepowerofdonuts

I have been following tk tech news for a while so I am surprised that they used his reference. I generally find that he is wrong about a lot of his topics and hes not a fan of sprint due to slow LTE speeds. I have had to correct him a few times on his YouTube channel. He is novice. He does speed tests and doesn't try to find the nearest towers to check them out. He doesn't know how to tell what band he is on either. I really would not buy into anything he is saying about this merger. There are plenty of people here a billion times more informed than he is.

I've had to educate him a few times too. He is on Google+ often and sometimes comments on my posts. He even messaged me on Hangouts before. He seems eager to learn but his opinions get in the way a lot.

• Like 1

One thing he mentioned, tmo keeps 20% which means Sprint would get 47%? doesnt sprint really need that to be 15% for tmo so they will be at 52%?

No, if the company is kept a publicly traded corporation, then SoftBank would have the 52% minimum majority, DT 20%, and the other 28% would go to investors. It's very likely that the number of outstanding shares will increase dramatically with this arrangement. Or they would take the company private and SoftBank will own 80% and DT the other 20%.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

The funny thing is...when I use our cellebrite machine to transfer customers info from one phone to another...any time when I Auto detect any iPhone it says "GSM or CDMA, (US SoftBank)

Also on my iPhone it auto corrects when I type "softbank usa" to "SoftBank USA"

Hmm lol

Wow. That is interesting. When did they set that up?

Sent from my Josh's iPad using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

No, if the company is kept a publicly traded corporation, then SoftBank would have the 52% minimum majority, DT 20%, and the other 28% would go to investors. It's very likely that the number of outstanding shares will increase dramatically with this arrangement. Or they would take the company private and SoftBank will own 80% and DT the other 20%.

Wow, Josh knows high finance.  He must be getting good advice at Ray's Acupuncture & Stock Brokerage.

AJ

• Like 2

Wow. That is interesting. When did they set that up?

Sent from my Josh's iPad using Tapatalk 2

I notice the cellebrite change for a few months but I never thought to much of it since sprint owns 80% of sprint.

Random: if the merger goes through, can't they just combine metro pcs and boost mobile I feel they both have the same target audience. No need to keep those two seperate

• Like 1

I notice the cellebrite change for a few months but I never thought to much of it since sprint owns 80% of sprint.

Random: if the merger goes through, can't they just combine metro pcs and boost mobile I feel they both have the same target audience. No need to keep those two seperate

Plus Virgin Mobile!

• Like 1

Wow, Josh knows high finance. He must be getting good advice at Ray's Acupuncture & Stock Brokerage.

AJ

:rofl:

I'm learning accounting in addition to programming.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I'm skeptical of the TK Tech News report, but we will see what happens. If he is wrong, it will be easy to ignore him in the future.

• Like 2

Hmm...

Wow. Hmmm...I wonder how things would be if all the carriers did have unlimited data? But I don't see the top two budging AT&T maybe but Verizon no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Volte can be installed for all we know...might just need an update to the tower

As far as I know, it only requires an update to the user equipment once the backend changes are in place. And they should be, because Wi-Fi calling uses the same IMS backend as VoLTE does.

Softbank isn't stupid though; if they do turn it on, it will be on a market-by-market basis like the other two players are doing.

My hope is that in areas where they want to launch it, they first add a second band 25 carrier by refarming 1x and EVDO carriers. Then they can QoS the hell out of that carrier to prevent it from becoming saturated by data use.

I expect to see it on the S4 mini and Mega first, just like the Mini was first to get Wi-Fi calling on Sprint and VoLTE on AT&T.

I think whatever the outcome is sprint should change their name to Softbank USA anyway.

Okay, but I was hoping for the name Flaccid Savings & Loan instead.

AJ

• Like 7

2014 NASCAR SOFTBANK USA CUP SERIES™

Yes, because nothing goes together quite like Japanese businessmen and Southern rednecks.

AJ

• Like 10

Yes, because nothing goes together quite like Japanese businessmen and Southern rednecks.

AJ

Singing some Skynyrd at the Karaoke bar.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

AJ

Ahem, the users of the Charlotte thread would like a word with you. ;)
  • Like 1

Singing some Skynyrd at the Karaoke bar.

Sweet home Arabama...

Where the skies are so brue...

AJ

• Like 5

Neil Young is not invited.

What if you underestimate how much the Japanese rearry rike Neir Young?

AJ

• Like 1

Ahem, the users of the Charlotte thread would like a word with you. ;)

Do you have a red Nexus?

:P

AJ

• Like 1

Sweet home Arabama...

Where the skies are so brue...

AJ

Neil Young is not invited.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Neil Young????[emoji47][emoji47][emoji47][emoji47]

No way... Lynyrd Skynyrd ...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Home_Alabama '> http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Home_Alabama

"sweet home Alabama" was written in response to Neil Young's "southern man".

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm reposting this from Howard Forums. Sorry if anyone gets déjà vu.

Is it just me... Or is T-Mobile actually more expensive in certain use cases like Unlimited over Sprint?

I calculated it compared to Sprint and this is what I came up with for unlimited. T-Mobile and Sprint iPhone 5S 16 GB are used as the comparison devices to keep things as fair as possible.

T-Mobile

Simple Choice Unlimited: $80

Jump! and insurance: $10

iPhone 5S EIP: $27 for 24 months

SIM card: $10 up front.

Total: $117 per month for 24 months. 24 month cost: $10 up front + (117x24) = $2818

Sprint

Framily Plan plus Unlimited and Yearly Upgrades: $75

iPhone 5S EasyPay: $27.09 for $23 months, $26.92 for the 24th month

Total Equipment Protection Plus: $13

Total: $115.09 for 23 months, 24th month $114.92. Total: $2761.99

Sprint is cheaper by $56.01 over a 24 month period. Now if Son promises to keep T-Mobile's pricing structure in tact as part of the merger, how is that actually saving anyone money?

I realize there are certain cases where T-Mobile may be cheaper, but if the cost differences aren't that significant, what's the gain in adopting T-Mobile's cost structure?

• Like 1