LuisBOSS302

I flashed the system, boot, and modem images for ZV6 last night. One thing I've noticed so far is the brief screen redraws have disappeared. From my brief use it appears the radio (LTE) has not been adversely effected. BTW, this isn't lollipop, still 4.4.2.

I flashed the system, boot, and modem images for ZV6 last night. One thing I've noticed so far is the brief screen redraws have disappeared. From my brief use it appears the radio (LTE) has not been adversely effected. BTW, this isn't lollipop, still 4.4.2.

So this isn't the Lollipop update? Is that still forthcoming? I thought Android L was going to be the next OTA.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So this isn't the Lollipop update? Is that still forthcoming? I thought Android L was going to be the next OTA.

Nope, no lollipop yet. I'm fairly certain this will be our last update before lollipop. Is entirely possible this update is needed to prep G3's for lollipop

Still no noticeable changes so far running ZV6.

Was thinking about picking up a G3 and was curious if it has any issues reporting GCI or PCI? Also what do you guys think of the battery life?

No issues reporting GCI or PCI from what I've seen.

The battery life is decent, but nothing amazing, especially when compared to my I6+. You'll need an extra battery for heavy use or a charger.

No issues reporting GCI or PCI from what I've seen.

The battery life is decent, but nothing amazing, especially when compared to my I6+. You'll need an extra battery for heavy use or a charger.

Think it would be a good buy around $250 for one that should be in great condition (haven't seen it myself)?

Think it would be a good buy around $250 for one that should be in great condition (haven't seen it myself)?

Spence,

If you're asking if paying $250 is a good deal then no it isn't. It's a great deal and snatch it up.

• Like 1

Spence,

If you're asking if paying $250 is a good deal then no it isn't. It's a great deal and snatch it up.

That's what I was hoping to hear lol. Was on the fence about parting with my money and just needed someone to push me over the edge lol. Thanks!
  • Like 1

That's what I was hoping to hear lol. Was on the fence about parting with my money and just needed someone to push me over the edge lol. Thanks!

No problem. I paid full price for it on launch day (hate subsidies) and have absolutely no regrets.

Make sure you don't take any ota's and get Stump root then Bump TWRP

Let me know if you have any questions.

Wish I had some extra cash. If I found a G3 for 250 I would snatch it up just as a secondary phone so I could map 8t8r. Lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk

So did you take the plunge?  I really love my G3.  The RF is really good and sound quality is excellent.  The only gripe (hopefully fixed in the forthcoming update) is the convoluted headphone jack. 

The only thing I read that I like about it is the aux cord recognition. I won't expect lollipop until Jan/Feb ish. But thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my LG G3.

Thanks! Its not really causing me issues but the compass is a bit off, so nice that we can get these fixes now instead of waiting for lollipop. Maybe the wi-fi calling update will help my issues with text messages with that active as well.

So did you take the plunge? I really love my G3. The RF is really good and sound quality is excellent. The only gripe (hopefully fixed in the forthcoming update) is the convoluted headphone jack.

Nah unfortunately I missed the deal. Going to keep an eye out for another one though. Live my Nexus but the SOT of < two hours has been killing me

has anyone had issues with the default LG keyboard and autocorrect? my brother has this phone and is having a terrible time with autocorrect screwing things up. He ended up switching to google's keyboard and said it was much better, but i was wondering if anyone else had issues with the LG one and knew of any settings to try or if anyone had any suggestions on another keyboard to try out?

some examples of issues he had, typing "dad" would auto correct to "!!!" and if he miss-typed "doesn't" with an "f" on the front it wouldn't auto correct it to doesn't, it would just leave it as "foesn't" and then if he would spell doesn't correctly it would change it to "foesn't". we did try clearing out the saved words history but it didn't help. he also tried several levels of the auto correct but it didn't seem to help the issues he was having.

• Like 1

has anyone had issues with the default LG keyboard and autocorrect? my brother has this phone and is having a terrible time with autocorrect screwing things up. He ended up switching to google's keyboard and said it was much better, but i was wondering if anyone else had issues with the LG one and knew of any settings to try or if anyone had any suggestions on another keyboard to try out?

some examples of issues he had, typing "dad" would auto correct to "!!!" and if he miss-typed "doesn't" with an "f" on the front it wouldn't auto correct it to doesn't, it would just leave it as "foesn't" and then if he would spell doesn't correctly it would change it to "foesn't". we did try clearing out the saved words history but it didn't help. he also tried several levels of the auto correct but it didn't seem to help the issues he was having.

LG Keyboard on the G3 is beautiful, but it's horrible inefficient.  I installed all of the versions on my G2 and it just did not work well with auto correct or word prediction.