LuisBOSS302

yikes

Yup... didn't even know that was a thing for Android until it happened. Can't get past the blue screen so anything I had not on the SD card is gone.

Went to Sprint today and they too were baffled by it. I wound up getting a Note 5 to replace because the G4 would be a minimum of a week to ship. I will still be tracking this thread because my mom has the G3 too.

As much as I like the Note 5, I'm already missing my G3. I'm bummed that it did that and it didn't even make it 2 years (July 2016). Maybe I'll get a used one off Swappa so I can still have one... after I recuperate my poor wallet from this unexpected expense. 

Hey, I went from g4 to note 5 and I'm not looking back. And I've been a staunch LG supporter since G2. I thought I would be with LG a very long time, but I see that the g5 isn't my cup of tea...I just don't think it would be a phone that I'm really happy with. This note 5 is everything I've been looking for.

Yup... didn't even know that was a thing for Android until it happened. Can't get past the blue screen so anything I had not on the SD card is gone.

Went to Sprint today and they too were baffled by it. I wound up getting a Note 5 to replace because the G4 would be a minimum of a week to ship. I will still be tracking this thread because my mom has the G3 too.

As much as I like the Note 5, I'm already missing my G3. I'm bummed that it did that and it didn't even make it 2 years (July 2016). Maybe I'll get a used one off Swappa so I can still have one... after I recuperate my poor wallet from this unexpected expense.

Hey, I went from g4 to note 5 and I'm not looking back. And I've been a staunch LG supporter since G2. I thought I would be with LG a very long time, but I see that the g5 isn't my cup of tea...I just don't think it would be a phone that I'm really happy with. This note 5 is everything I've been looking for.

Haha see now I feel the exact opposite about my Note 5... I miss so many of the little features my G3 had. Knock on, the back buttons, the screen brightness setting (where you could just tap the button and quickly change through 4 different screen brightness'), and most of all the movable home and buttons.

After a few days of use, I'm getting used to it but I really would rather make the Note 5 my business line and replace it with a used G4 or get a G5. I didn't realize how much I used all those little features and I legit miss my phone. I'm very, very, very sad and bummed it did that. :(  

Haha see now I feel the exact opposite about my Note 5... I miss so many of the little features my G3 had. Knock on, the back buttons, the screen brightness setting (where you could just tap the button and quickly change through 4 different screen brightness'), and most of all the movable home and buttons.

After a few days of use, I'm getting used to it but I really would rather make the Note 5 my business line and replace it with a used G4 or get a G5. I didn't realize how much I used all those little features and I legit miss my phone. I'm very, very, very sad and bummed it did that. :(

I've got a G3 that has been delegated to backup duty since purchasing my 6P. Shoot me an offer through PM if interested.
  • Like 1

I've got a G3 that has been delegated to backup duty since purchasing my 6P. Shoot me an offer through PM if interested.

I actually would be, however this week ate my budget. Not only did my G3 die, but my car also decided it needed to break down on a highway and get towed.

So until I can recoup some of my costs, I can't really buy anything more. But if you still have it or want to sell it in about a month, I may hit you up on it if that's okay?

• Like 1

I actually would be, however this week ate my budget. Not only did my G3 die, but my car also decided it needed to break down on a highway and get towed.

So until I can recoup some of my costs, I can't really buy anything more. But if you still have it or want to sell it in about a month, I may hit you up on it if that's okay?

Sounds good, I'm not actually actively trying to sell it.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Are others still using their LG G3?  I don't see much discussion lately in this forum and i've not been hanging around s4gru for quite some time.  

I've got  a G3 that I still owe six months of EasyPay that's barely hanging on.  WiFi has stopped working along with the USB charging port.  The second battery that I got from LG when I bought it isn't working anymore either (phone continually reboots with that battery in).  I still have one battery working.  The camera doesn't take pictures like it used to, the colors are off and the focus isn't very good.

With all of this, I'm thinking of getting a new phone but still owing money on this phone is keeping me from moving.  Jut not very satisfied with how long this phone has lasted.   My son is still actively using my old Samsung S3 (even with a cracked screen).  This one barely lasted 18 months.

Anyone else have similar problems with their G3?

Mine was overheating. But i think i fixed that problem by adding a thermal pad for the processor. I dont want to do lease, so i am waiting for when i can upgrade on two year contract extension. Sprint is offering me early upgrade. But lease or flex pay only.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

My sister is still using the G3 I got at launch and it's running fine. My g2 I had before that is still alive as well, being used by my nephew.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies guys.  I guess I just got "lucky"   :)

I had a cracked screen on this one two about 6 months ago but got that replaced.  If the spare batter was still working I'd probably just suck it up until I was done paying it off.  My wife wants me to get an iPhone, but I like Android better from just the little bit I've played around with IOS.  And with all my stuff already in the Google ecosystem I'm not sure I want to make that move.

Maybe I'll try to wait it out until the Note 6 gets here.  Like the S7 but I prefer the bigger phone.

• Like 1

Excellent. :)

I plan to keep using my LG G3 for perhaps another year.

Indeed! I'm going to say next week we should see it.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

LGLS990 in the works for Marshmallow.

SoftwareNumberLS990ZVD OSNameGoogle 

Found on Sprint site 4/25.

I hope we get it soon, figuring that if Sprint does, then I can get it on Boost about the same time...

LGLS990 in the works for Marshmallow.

SoftwareNumberLS990ZVD OSNameGoogle 

Found on Sprint site 4/25.

I hope we get it soon, figuring that if Sprint does, then I can get it on Boost about the same time...

Exactly what I said on the 28th... Wonder what's the hold up, they are normally fast on updates.

Could be due to all of the Network upgrades currently happening...

If Sprint does update to Marshmallow, Boost should have it simultaneously, correct?

Could be due to all of the Network upgrades currently happening...

If Sprint does update to Marshmallow, Boost should have it simultaneously, correct?

I don't follow Boost at all, so I have no clue, but today ZVE is showing as a version now.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Received an update tonight, but seems to just have been a security fix.

Just what I thought it would be after seeing it state it was for lollipop. That's sad that its just that. ='/

• Like 1