T-Mobile providing nextivity Signal boosters to keep indoor customers satisfied

dkyeager

I'm assuming they mean VoLTE?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No they mean CDMA. Alaska never had native CDMA coverage from Verizon, but Verizon chose to build out LTE over the roaming CDMA carrier there anyway. Now Verizon is going full native by adding CDMA there and making sure the network is completely to their standard.

No they mean CDMA. Alaska never had native CDMA coverage from Verizon, but Verizon chose to build out LTE over the roaming CDMA carrier there anyway. Now Verizon is going full native by adding CDMA there and making sure the network is completely to their standard.

Then they must've bought some more spectrum there

Then they must've bought some more spectrum there

I don't think it was a spectrum restriction. I think it was simply, they didn't build out anything there. Though that is just speculation on my part.

I don't think it was a spectrum restriction. I think it was simply, they didn't build out anything there. Though that is just speculation on my part.

According to the FCC spectrum dashboard all Verizon owns is 700. I thought I remembered reading before that was the reason they went only with a data network. Not sure why when they are this close to rolling out VoLTE they would actually go and put up CDMA tech only to shut it off in several years...

Yes, VZW CDMA1X would need to be deployed in Cellular 850 MHz or PCS 1900 MHz spectrum.  Unless I am unaware of a spectrum lease or affiliate type contract, VZW holds no spectrum in either band in Alaska.  So, I do not know what is going on with this voice service deployment.  Neal Gompa probably knows.

AJ