Sign in to follow this  
IamMrFamous07

AT&T wants 3.5 GHz band to promote small cell deployment

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/att-wants-35-ghz-band-divided-sub-bands-promote-small-cell-deployment/2014-05-23

I hope sprint participates in this auction as well.

Sprint is listed as a confirmed carrier for IWPC event June 17-20, 2014 that's attending 3.5ghz lte advance event

http://www.iwpc.org/workshops/2014-softbank-lte-advanced/agenda.html

And SoftBank has been testing 3.5ghz band for almost a year now

http://www.telegeography.com/products/commsupdate/articles/2013/09/13/softbanks-trial-lte-a-in-3-5ghz-band-achieves-770mbps/

• Like 2

And it looks Sprint will have a presentation at the IWPC event too.

Looking forward to it

Looking forward to this, but I'm curious to see how the rest of the industry reacts to spectrum that can't be used within a couple hundred miles of the coastline. Wonderful for big cities like Chicago and Kansas City, but worthless for the "flagship" cities like NYC and Los Angeles.

doesn't sprint have enough high spectrum??? 

Can't sprint do small cell in the 25/2600?

Part of me thinks that AT&T is trying to fracture 3.5 GHz into multiple bands based on flimsy engineering concerns. I've seen this song before.

Yes they can!and if they don't use EBS for anything else, they should!

Yes, they can install small cells with most frequencies, but actually installing them is another thing.

Yes, they can install small cells with most frequencies, but actually installing them is another thing.

Supposedly small cells will be part of NV 2.0.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

SoftBank is utilizing the 3.5 band in japan, so I'm sure sprint will obtain some as well

SoftBank is utilizing the 3.5 band in japan, so I'm sure sprint will obtain some as well

ok, I was wondering why in the world would sprint want 3.5 with all the 25/26 that hasn't even been fully deployed.....smh