Sprint Coverage Map update 5/19

orangeblue

I just checked the Sprint website an noticed that their coverage map was updated. Have any new cities launched officially LTE service?

All official announcements can be found on: http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/

I know that link but nothing was announced but it does not explain the updated coverage maps. What has changed between 5/4 and 5/19

They update the maps generally once a week, sometimes every two weeks to reflect newly upgraded towers, added coverage and whatnot. It does not correlate to new market launches. 

I know that link but nothing was announced but it does not explain the updated coverage maps. What has changed between 5/4 and 5/19

Hey you're the one that used the word "officially". :lol:

The maps update when they're ready to show LTE available in an area, but that does not mean the area is "officially" launched in their words.

Im looking at my local area and it seems they extended the LTE out further.  I dont have past coverage maps to compare this to though but i dont seem to remember LTE coverage to be depicted this far reaching.  Based on the two full build sites that serve my town and the next city over the coverage, if I had to guess, shows LTE on band 26.  However, I have not seen band 26 on my Nexus 5 yet.  Could be I dont have the capabilities to connect to it yet or maybe it has not been accepted but possibly, they added in some band 26 coverage.

It my be different departments, but it does seem to be a leading indicator for market launches about 50% of time during the last few months. Nothing new in Ohio that I could spot on here: http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Cov

It my be different departments, but it does seem to be a leading indicator for market launches about 50% of time during the last few months. Nothing new in Ohio that I could spot on here: http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?INTNAV=ATG:HE:Cov

Maps do tend to be updated before the launch announcements come out, but they also update the maps generally once a week to reflect network improvements within launched areas. It doesn't always correlate to a market launch. 

• Like 1

Maps do tend to be updated before the launch announcements come out, but they also update the maps generally once a week to reflect network improvements within launched areas. It doesn't always correlate to a market launch. 

Agreed, some of the changes lately have been to reflect increased coverage of band 26 LTE.

At least sprint has theses types maps .

All of the national carriers do.  You often have to go to the investor section of their website for the regional carriers and dig through their documents or demand them from a sales rep. 

The even more interesting Sprint map is their network enhancements and upgrades.  2 data generally means band 25 LTE 1900. https://network.sprint.com/search/chillicothe%2C+oh/  Seems to frequently be updated nightly.

Hey you're the one that used the word "officially". :lol:

The maps update when they're ready to show LTE available in an area, but that does not mean the area is "officially" launched in their words.

:rasp: I'm telling you, don't text and drive...

:rasp: I'm telling you, don't text and drive...

No, ASCII and text.  (And if you do not get it, look at the picture and say it aloud.)

phone-app-ski.jpg

AJ

• Like 2