Xbox One Policy Updates and News

Ascertion

It doesn't though. With Instant-On enabled it uses 15W while "off" waiting for the voice command, and keeping the system in a sleep mode for a faster startup (That's really all it is, it's a sleep mode like your computer). Actually off in standby mode (controller will turn it on, but not "Xbox On") it uses <1W.

That's a lot considering a remote control for a tv uses less than one watt, only when you press the button too...

“If left unchanged and all Xbox 360 models are replaced by Xbox One consoles, this one feature will be responsible for $400 million in annual electricity bills and the equivalent annual output of a large, 750-megawatt power plant–and its associated pollution.”

my wife told me one unit at their plant(unit 5) is a 900 megawatt. Her plant produces ten percent of the power for the state of Alabama. (Also, unit 5 is considered super critical). Just for reference on power production and how generation works.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

That's a lot considering a remote control for a tv uses less than one watt, only when you press the button too...

“If left unchanged and all Xbox 360 models are replaced by Xbox One consoles, this one feature will be responsible for $400 million in annual electricity bills and the equivalent annual output of a large, 750-megawatt power plant–and its associated pollution.”

my wife told me one unit at their plant(unit 5) is a 900 megawatt. Her plant produces ten percent of the power for the state of Alabama. (Also, unit 5 is considered super critical). Just for reference on power production and how generation works.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

So what you're saying is the electrical grid in our country is woefully over-subscribed, nearly on the brink of collapse, and easily disturbed if someone wanted to. The same things that hundreds of people have been warning us about for years (especially since the northeast blackout back in 2003) and the power companies have done little to alleviate the vulnerabilities in the system.

So what you're saying is the electrical grid in our country is woefully over-subscribeAnd, nearly on the brink of collapse, and easily disturbed if someone wanted to. The same things that hundreds of people have been warning us about for years (especially since the northeast blackout back in 2003) and the power companies have done little to alleviate the vulnerabilities in the system.

And yet they continue to increase rates.

And yet they continue to increase rates.

As more people switch to renewable sources of energy that are not grid-dependent, the costs of maintaining the grid in turn end up on the back of the remaining customers.

So the people fleeing the utility because of their increasing rates, are also causing the rates to go up a tiny bit for everyone else that stays. Nowhere near the amount the power company then increases their rates by, but it is a factor (one they love to tout in my area). I'm also in Southern AZ though, so there are a lot of people switching to 100% solar systems. The thing about these though is that you can stay connected to the grid for something like $10/mo so if you produce more power than you can store and use, it goes into the grid; and if you use more power then you pull from that "banked" amount you've provided. That $10/mo is definitely more than enough to cover your "part" of the grid maintenance. If you want to disconnect from the grid entirely, then you can, you then aren't responsible for any maintenance for a service you don't use (tell that to the utilities).

• 8 months later...

Reviving an old thread:  Post Your Xbox Live Gamertag

Gamertag:  Jossman 

If there any S4GRU members here that play Destiny on Xbox One especially the Raids (Crota's End or Vault of Glass) send me a message on Xbox Live.

RockBrycee on Xbox Live. 

GTA V and COD are my main games.

I also didn't bring my Xbox to school with me so I likely won't be able to add back until Spring Break. But shoot me a friend request still. I might be able to accept it form my computer.

RockBrycee on Xbox Live. 

GTA V and COD are my main games.

I also didn't bring my Xbox to school with me so I likely won't be able to add back until Spring Break. But shoot me a friend request still. I might be able to accept it form my computer.

If you have the Smartglass app for either the 360 or the One, you should be able to accept from there too.

Great app by the way for anyone who's never used it!

• Like 1