Boost and Virgin Mobil move to Spark

js4gru

"Virgin Mobil"?  Did a European write this thread title?  In that case, why not call it "Virgin Móviles"?

AJ

I have to disagree. Look at AT&T and Verizon, their prepaid only allows access to 3g so their LTE doesn't get jammed up... And they don't have unlimited

Maybe in the long run. But in the short run, the more data that can get off loaded to b41 the better the other bands will be.

• 3 months later...

Which Virgin and Boost phones are now Spark compatible?  From what I can tell, it looks like the Boost Galaxy S3 is but the Virgin Galaxy S3 is not.  Is there any way to view the actual model numbers of the phones before you buy from them?

Which Virgin and Boost phones are now Spark compatible? From what I can tell, it looks like the Boost Galaxy S3 is but the Virgin Galaxy S3 is not. Is there any way to view the actual model numbers of the phones before you buy from them?

Typically the model numbers are on the bottom of the box, but on the Virgin/Boost phones you can just look at the picture on the front. It is pretty hard to miss the Spark logo in the status bar.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks!  I made this for someone based on your info, so they could easily find the Spark GS3 on Boost.  I figured I'd share here in case anyone else found it helpful.  There's other minor differences in the boxes I didn't highlight.

boostgalaxys3boxes.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks! I made this for someone based on your info, so they could easily find the Spark GS3 on Boost. I figured I'd share here in case anyone else found it helpful. There's other minor differences in the boxes I didn't highlight.

boostgalaxys3boxes.jpg

te9yhezu.jpg

Funny, I just took this photo to post here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

How genius to get everyone running on Spark. Spread out the congestion among 3 LTE bands, especially the power house that is B41. Let's just hope there isn't any type of data abusing that isn't monitored that could effect the network negatively. 

Are we sure that this is the L710T, rather than just a new box for the phone? Because the Virgin Mobile S III has the Spark branding but is the same old L710, with SVLTE and single-band LTE. Same deal with my S III (now my brother's); Android 4.4 switches the LTE indicator to Spark but you don't magically get B26 and B41 included.

Are we sure that this is the L710T, rather than just a new box for the phone? Because the Virgin Mobile S III has the Spark branding but is the same old L710, with SVLTE and single-band LTE. Same deal with my S III (now my brother's); Android 4.4 switches the LTE indicator to Spark but you don't magically get B26 and B41 included.

It says T on the model number. My buddy's S3 did not get the spark wheel with the 4.4 update.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk