Boost and Virgin Mobil move to Spark

js4gru

New announcement that Boost and Virgin Mobile are offering Spark. What effect will this have on Sprints already overloaded network?

http://www.cnet.com/news/boost-mobile-and-virgin-mobile-lg-volt-runs-on-faster-spark-lte-network

If anything it will help in areas where there Is b41

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

• Like 7

I have to disagree. Look at AT&T and Verizon, their prepaid only allows access to 3g so their LTE doesn't get jammed up... And they don't have unlimited

Edited by COZisBack
Fixed quotes

New announcement that Boost and Virgin Mobile are offering Spark. What effect will this have on Sprints already overloaded network?

http://www.cnet.com/news/boost-mobile-and-virgin-mobile-lg-volt-runs-on-faster-spark-lte-network

The faster they get every device that connects to sprint on SPARK, the faster that the load will be redistributed off of the over-burdened b25/1900.

This is nothing but good news.

• Like 8

I have to disagree. Look at AT&T and Verizon, their prepaid only allows access to 3g so their LTE doesn't get jammed up... And they don't have unlimited

B41 is capacity capacity capacity. Oh and a ton of speed. This is nothing but good news. B41 is priority for the network with spark devices so that just benefits b25 and 26. Assuming they allow those devices on b26.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Edited by COZisBack
Fixed quotes

AT&T mvno's use LTE. I know of AIO, and GoPhone (not really an mvno). And doesn't h2o use LTE?

Did some basic post edits to fix quotations. Game-on Wayne.

• Like 1

AT&T mvno's use LTE. I know of AIO, and GoPhone (not really an mvno). And doesn't h2o use LTE?

AT&T MVNO's/prepaid can use LTE... Verizon prepaid is 3G only.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Straight talk also does lte.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Right. And I think they all throttle, which is what Sprint should do, too. I think only GoPhone is wide open.

Right. And I think they all throttle, which is what Sprint should do, too. I think only GoPhone is wide open.

Actually ting (sprint) meters data so if you use alot then you pay alot.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

As others have said it will help...

Right. And I think they all throttle, which is what Sprint should do, too.

Both of the Sprint MVNOs in discussion here limit video streaming speeds and throttle down to 2G speeds when monthly data allotments are passed.

• Like 3

Kyocera Hydro Vibe,plus the Galaxy S5 all will be on Virgin Mobile and BoostMobile and are tri band devices.

I don't see what the problem is since the 5gig hi-speed data plan is the most you can get before being throttled on Boostmobile.

AT&T has a ton of MVNO's  using LTE on their network outside of AIO they are data capped but not Speed capped. 

So I don't see where problem lies money is money unless you feel your money is better than theirs. 

I don't see the benefit of postpaid since they are giving the same benefits to prepaid... Other than unlimited data.. Though in my area its impossible to abuse the data with 0.01kbps .. I have only used 180 megs in the past 30 days

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

They may also get the recertified S3 too, right?

I'm expecting it on all 3 carriers, Sprint, Boost, and Virgin.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I'm expecting it on all 3 carriers, Sprint, Boost, and Virgin.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Will - not may.

Good. I have a friend that is going to get a cell phone this Summer (yeah I know he's a little behind :)) on Virgin, and I've told him to skip the HTC Desire he wants and go for the tri-band S3 when it becomes available. Even though the Desire looks 10x better, a glossy plastic back that'll probably end up with a case on it is worth the better network.

This will be great, especially if Sprint will bring B41 to towers/sites outside of the major metro areas.  I live and work about 45 minutes NW of Charlotte, NC and this area has occasional slow times with B25 LTE and EVDO is still extremely slow with speeds running around 5.8kB/s (0.05Mb/s) in this NV1.0 complete area.  We won't see B26 for a while as emergency services have not completed vacating their radio frequencies yet :(

• Like 2