Framily "Loophole"

MarshieZ

I'm wondering if something is up.  As of a month ago if I lost a member I could go to reddit and fill the spot within 24-48 hrs.  Last week I lost one member and I have not been able to fill it.  Usually if you post on reddit with a Framily at 9/10 it usually fills fast.  It's possible whatever loophole folks were using has been closed.  It was my understanding that most of the codes posted online were being used by reps. 

SO i got a question?? and I guess this is the best place to ask (aside from maybe the store) but i want an unbiased opinion...

So i have on a framily play 8   5 of which are under my control, and which I might pull off and leave to Tmobile....maybe 4

Anyway, whats the best way if at all to shift those 3 to another one so they keep the $25 rate????

I have 6 currently, room for 4 more - my sister just switched to AT&T (don't get me started) so we all went from $25 to $30 ...

... is it even still possible to add new people to a Framily?

I can do 3-4 lines business account let me know.

interesting reading here....

As I am getting ready to move the 13 lines I am over in regards to my family and a few workers...

Switching to Tmo....Why you ask well 2 things

Pissed that Sprint STILL has not and doesnt look to anytime in the future of upgrading towers along MAJOR interstates.... and out west here there is lot of dead area that you need some streaming capability of some sort, because radio just doesnt cut it... and along a good portion of I-15, voice coverage is worse then analog days  <_<  <_<  :td:  :td:   Its fantastic they are doing things in populated areas...but people DO travel.. Plus there are some noticeable holes around here as well...

2  Well the offer I got was just to good, over all we will save about $150-$200 a month AND GET ALL NEW PHONES for everyone...   Those on the framily will enjoy jumping from 1 GB to 2..... those of us on the 20 GB share wont notice much (only 3 of us ever got over 2 GB for a month, So i might just pay the $15 for 6)   but its the NEW PHONES for EVERYONE that really put it over.. they will all be at their same price point, if not $5-$10 cheaper

The good news I only have 2 phones I have to worry about the payoff on, Which Tmo covers as well..

Sp we will see how it goes...I have looked at the sister site and its kinda dead over there.....hopefully it picks up...and i will still poke in from time to time to see if they have improved those areas I am concerned with

Switching to Tmo....

Do you know for sure that T-Mobile works all along I-15 where you need it? If so, then yes, it's a good deal. But maybe you should switch one line and see how it goes before you switch all 13 at once.

Where I live in Nevada, it's been 2 1/2 years since Network Vision equipment was placed on the 2 local Sprint sites, and we still haven't seen LTE, but service has drastically improved on the voice and 3G data side of the coin, and I'm surprised how much better coverage is now in areas that used to be miserable dead spots. And I hear that LTE should come live this spring, or early summer at the latest, so for me, the patience has been worth it! :)

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6s Plus 128GB using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Moving from Sprint to T-mo seems like retaliation more than a thoughtful move. If you are leaving to get better coverage then go with a carrier that can do that. If you are value conscious then go with cricket.

Sprint to T-mo is like throwing a lateral pass, then getting stuffed by the safety.

• Like 3

interesting reading here....

As I am getting ready to move the 13 lines I am over in regards to my family and a few workers...

Switching to Tmo....Why you ask well 2 things

Pissed that Sprint STILL has not and doesnt look to anytime in the future of upgrading towers along MAJOR interstates.... and out west here there is lot of dead area that you need some streaming capability of some sort, because radio just doesnt cut it... and along a good portion of I-15, voice coverage is worse then analog days <_<<_<:td::td: Its fantastic they are doing things in populated areas...but people DO travel.. Plus there are some noticeable holes around here as well...

2 Well the offer I got was just to good, over all we will save about $150-$200 a month AND GET ALL NEW PHONES for everyone... Those on the framily will enjoy jumping from 1 GB to 2..... those of us on the 20 GB share wont notice much (only 3 of us ever got over 2 GB for a month, So i might just pay the $15 for 6) but its the NEW PHONES for EVERYONE that really put it over.. they will all be at their same price point, if not $5-$10 cheaper

The good news I only have 2 phones I have to worry about the payoff on, Which Tmo covers as well..

Sp we will see how it goes...I have looked at the sister site and its kinda dead over there.....hopefully it picks up...and i will still poke in from time to time to see if they have improved those areas I am concerned with

I'll echo what others here are saying- you might be surprised to find T-Mobile's coverage is worse. My wife has T-Mobile, and when we drove from Houston to the Provo area for Christmas, she lost coverage far more often than I did, both voice and data. Granted, we were on SR-191 much more than I-15, so your mileage may vary, but MacinJosh's suggestion to test with one line before committing 13 is definitely a good one.

PS, go Jazz!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Story-time...

So as I mentioned in a couple other threads, my G3 decided to up and die by giving me the "blue screen of death." I first planned to go to Best Buy Mobile here in our mall and pick-up a G4 so I could get some Best Buy rewards points. I wanted to first make sure they knew I had Framily. The one guy there said no problem. But that didn't happen because I guess the G4 is not in stock in any of the Best Buy's and they won't get anymore. Fine, whatever.

I moved on to the Sprint Kiosk in the mall to check and make sure they had someone who could deal with Framily. While I found a guy who knew what he was doing (he's going to be my new go-to person now) it would be minimum until Monday they could get me one. Now if my phone wasn't a business line as well, I'd be fine with that. However I'm expecting calls this week so now I'm to the point I need to pick something else. So for my needs and price range (this was a big unexpected expense right now) all I had left was the Note 5. That they had in stock. But then to be polite I said I needed to run out to my car and think about it. What I wanted to do was see if Best Buy had a promotion for the Note 5. Come to find out, they gave you a $100 gift card for buying a Note 5.

Went back in to go back to Best Buy and get a Note 5, now another guy was there. As the assistant manager was helping me get started, he didn't know how to do Sprint's software so he brought over yet another guy to help him. As soon as this 3rd guy saw I had Framily he said and I quote "Yo man, you need to get a new plan. Framily isn't sold anymore and you gotta switch to a new plan."  :rolleyes:  :censored:  :mad:

This is where I start saying I have proof that others have switched no problem, upgraded their phones no problem. And all he goes is "welp, that's not how it works. You have to get rid of Framily." 

I quickly grabbed my stuff and walked out, and went down back to my Sprint kiosk. Long story short, the group practically offered me a job there haha, showed me how the internal program worked for Framily and they even ordered me pizza and a beverage. We talked about a whole lot of Sprint stuff for 5 hours straight and I walked out with a new Note 5. ON FRAMILY.  B)

Moral of the story: Find a rep who knows what they're doing and you'll have a great time.

• Like 5

Framily still works? for new customers, looking to port my dad out from T-mobile

Yes it works, but it is slowly turning into a hassle to join. When I helped my dad join, I had to first get him setup with a random plan and then give a call to Sprint so they can swap it to the framily plan. Some Reps say it is no longer available, but it is. You have to do it within 14 days of joining, if not you will be unable to join the framily.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Story-time...

So as I mentioned in a couple other threads, my G3 decided to up and die by giving me the "blue screen of death." I first planned to go to Best Buy Mobile here in our mall and pick-up a G4 so I could get some Best Buy rewards points. I wanted to first make sure they knew I had Framily. The one guy there said no problem. But that didn't happen because I guess the G4 is not in stock in any of the Best Buy's and they won't get anymore. Fine, whatever.

I moved on to the Sprint Kiosk in the mall to check and make sure they had someone who could deal with Framily. While I found a guy who knew what he was doing (he's going to be my new go-to person now) it would be minimum until Monday they could get me one. Now if my phone wasn't a business line as well, I'd be fine with that. However I'm expecting calls this week so now I'm to the point I need to pick something else. So for my needs and price range (this was a big unexpected expense right now) all I had left was the Note 5. That they had in stock. But then to be polite I said I needed to run out to my car and think about it. What I wanted to do was see if Best Buy had a promotion for the Note 5. Come to find out, they gave you a $100 gift card for buying a Note 5.

Went back in to go back to Best Buy and get a Note 5, now another guy was there. As the assistant manager was helping me get started, he didn't know how to do Sprint's software so he brought over yet another guy to help him. As soon as this 3rd guy saw I had Framily he said and I quote "Yo man, you need to get a new plan. Framily isn't sold anymore and you gotta switch to a new plan." :rolleyes::censored::mad:

This is where I start saying I have proof that others have switched no problem, upgraded their phones no problem. And all he goes is "welp, that's not how it works. You have to get rid of Framily."

I quickly grabbed my stuff and walked out, and went down back to my Sprint kiosk. Long story short, the group practically offered me a job there haha, showed me how the internal program worked for Framily and they even ordered me pizza and a beverage. We talked about a whole lot of Sprint stuff for 5 hours straight and I walked out with a new Note 5. ON FRAMILY. B)

Moral of the story: Find a rep who knows what they're doing and you'll have a great time.

I work for BBM and the reason that we can't do framily is that Sprint doesn't pay the bounty on DPP/Lease so we eat the full price of the phone. If you bought it outright and did a hardware swap that would be fine but those don't get gift cards.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I work for BBM and the reason that we can't do framily is that Sprint doesn't pay the bounty on DPP/Lease so we eat the full price of the phone. If you bought it outright and did a hardware swap that would be fine but those don't get gift cards.

Then why did 2 other Best Buy Mobile employees say they could do and did do it that same week for others?? I would have bought it outright if that was possible, but the one was FORCING me to switch regardless when I and everyone else know that isn't it the case. 

I didn't really care if I got the gift card or not, I just needed a replacement phone and quick.

Also, it proves my point: 

Especially since I was dealing with the assistant manager, why didn't he know this or say this right off the bat. 

Sounds like the other 2 BBM were wrong and didn't know that they shouldn't have done it (and I would assume now fired or in trouble), and the one who said they couldn't, *was* the one who knew what they were doing, at least according to dafuki's comment..

Sounds like the other 2 BBM were wrong and didn't know that they shouldn't have done it (and I would assume now fired or in trouble), and the one who said they couldn't, *was* the one who knew what they were doing, at least according to dafuki's comment..

We refer everyone to telesales to keep framily, 4/5 of our customers have only a few linked accounts and most just want a new phone today so they tend to go to 25GB/$50 or $60 BB1 unlimited.

Edit: It's also how the BB system tracks sales. It assigns a generic value for a transaction, so if there is a chargeback, or in the case of framily a non pay, the rep doesn't see it or get hurt by it. And we see so little framily that it won't be enough of an issue to get someone fired.