A$$hole with a jammer.

runagun

Tried to stop people from talking while driving.  I bet he's the same kind of dude that stays in the left hand lane while going the speed limit.  Enjoy the story...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2149501/florida-commuters-illegal-jammer-blocked-more-than-cell-talkers.html

• Like 7

I bet he's the same kind of dude that stays in the left hand lane while going the speed limit.

Not just while doing the speed limit. I imagine he would stay in the left lane while people pass him on the right, too.

-Anthony

Not just while doing the speed limit. I imagine he would stay in the left lane while people pass him on the right, too.

-Anthony

There's a big difference in legality between the two. It's not illegal to drive the speed limit in the left lane (in fact, it's illegal to exceed it), while many states do have laws to keep right except to pass. I should be able to safely use the left lane to pass without exceeding the speed limit, but drivers who take the law into their own hands selfishly make this impossible to do. And "that's the way it is" doesn't excuse the behavior.

My blood pressure rises just thinking about someone driving 55MPH in the left lane while attempting to pass a person in the right lane who is driving 54MPH. They just ride side-by-side while traffic backs up behind them. :frantic:

The article says the max fine for a first time offender is $48,000. I would think a mass disruption of communications would warrant a bigger penalty than that.  Although, I would pay extra to go to a movie theater that blocked cell signals.

• Like 1

There's a big difference in legality between the two. It's not illegal to drive the speed limit in the left lane (in fact, it's illegal to exceed it), while many states do have laws to keep right except to pass. I should be able to safely use the left lane to pass without exceeding the speed limit, but drivers who take the law into their own hands selfishly make this impossible to do. And "that's the way it is" doesn't excuse the behavior.

Left Lane Larrys also assume that nobody needs to get somewhere faster than they do. Sometimes people have medical emergencies while in their private vehicles. Sometimes emergency vehicles have malfunctions with their lights and sirens. Its just good practice to clear the left lane when not passing.

• Like 2

you should look at the people that are wanting to do it.. that being fined wasnt a big enough risk... and that its worth it... amazing the responses its sickening... 

• Like 1

My blood pressure rises just thinking about someone driving 55MPH in the left lane while attempting to pass a person in the right lane who is driving 54MPH. They just ride side-by-side while traffic backs up behind them. :frantic:

Central California, two lane highway, one tractor trailer tries to pass another....

So bad.

• Like 1

Central California, two lane highway, one tractor trailer tries to pass another....

So bad.

i can only imagine how fast people would drive if 5 was 3 lanes. the "snail races" do a decent job of restricting high speed driving.

I wonder how he was discovered?  I drop data connection all the time (and sometimes calls) but just figure it's the network being shitty again.  I wonder if I've ever been jammed?

Edit - Ahh, I see it was discovered because of the regularity and time of day it was occurring.

Edited by shifted

I wonder if I've ever been jammed?

Uh, if you have ever been "jammed," I think you would know.

AJ

i can only imagine how fast people would drive if 5 was 3 lanes. the "snail races" do a decent job of restricting high speed driving.

5 has gotten so bad that I started using 99 now.  For a good portion of the central valley its 3 lanes and in better shape than 5 now days with a good bit less trucks  and a bit more interesting scenery to look at along the way.

Edited by ddimit