Sprint Q1 2014 Earnings

marioc21

Sprint will report it's earnings for Q1 of 2014 tomorrow morning. The earnings call will be at 8am ET.

If you'd like to listen the audio will be available here:

http://investors.sprint.com/calendar.aspx?iid=4057219

Well, results are out. Smaller net loss than expected. But postpaid losses were 231,000 subs while prepaids were a loss of 364,000. Not great.

Here's the press release.

http://bit.ly/1h9ux4t

• Like 6

Event and Earning in one day, maybe there is double good news.

Or, a nice shiny object to distract the street and their irrational behavior.

Sprint will report it's earnings for Q1 of 2014 tomorrow morning.  The earnings call will be at 8am ET.

Whoa, ho, ho, I do not get up that early.

AJ

• Like 1

If they are reporting that early before the market officially opens I can only think good things. Right?

If they are reporting that early before the market officially opens I can only think good things. Right?

Not really. Sprint always reports before the market opens. All their earnings calls tend to happen at about 8 or maybe 830.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sprint always reports before the market opens. No company reports earnings during trading hours. It is either before or typically right after the close of a trading day.

• Like 1

Listening this morning and I'm sure these investors are going...excuses about market completion and tower upgrades again about churn?

EDIT:  Wasn't expecting the loss with Framily newness and the tablet adds.  Figured that would offset the issues with people leaving.

I wasn't expecting a total subscriber gain this quarter. Not at all. Not even with Framily. I think the losses will reduce until Q4 2014, when I believe they'll start adding again.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

I wasn't expecting a total subscriber gain this quarter. Not at all. Not even with Framily. I think the losses will reduce until Q4 2014, when I believe they'll start adding again.

Let's hope or we'll be shopping for a new cell carrier...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Agree with your there.  They've still got some big holes in the network that need plugging first.   Its unfortunate they haven't taken a much more aggressive stance on them or even applied a band-aid to mitigate them at times.  Once they get things patched up the markets will start to turn around possibly within in 12-18 months with customer trends.  Hopefully they just keep bulldozing through it and continue to invest in the network, new sites, etc as it will pay off.

• Like 2

Let's hope or we'll be shopping for a new cell carrier...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I recall reading that Dan said mid 2014 would be Sprints time to shine. Not sure if he pushed that timeframe back on this call but if thats not the case it wont be long. Edited by cavendano

So far in pre-market trading Sprint's stock is up about 3.5%. The market seems to be ok with sub losses as long as revenue and net losses are shrinking. 

I would be interested to understand what the average sprint data usage of the churning customers looks like. My fear is that it is lower than sprints typical metric. Make no mistake, the price aggressions from sprints competitors is playing a role in the churn. Its not 100% network disturbance. I worry that as sprint churns its course through 2014, we are losing more profitable "light to moderate" data users and hanging on to the hogs. The time to bask in the glory of NV 1.0 is also gone. Its all Spark now and it cant wait 3 or 4 years.

Hoping we will hear something of Son's thoughts and strategies in the next few weeks

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It's no secret what Sprint has to do. Finish 1900Mhz and 800Mhz and follow up with Spark where the other two deployments are finished. At the same time implement their alliance with the rural carriers.

• Like 3

I do believe before all of this is finished tmobile might be the number 3 carrier. Crazy just thinking about it. Sprint is not moving slow but they are just not moving fast enough. Competition is not going to just let them deploy Spark and do nothing.

True. But with vendors like Ericsson how long is this going to take? 1-2 years?

It's no secret what Sprint has to do. Finish 1900Mhz and 800Mhz and follow up with Spark where the other two deployments are finished. At the same time implement their alliance with the rural carriers.

Finishing NV 1.0 and aggressively rolling out NV 2.0 is a must, but Sprint's success is also dependent on whether AT&T and Verizon lower their price per GB in an escalating price war.