Google Hangouts w/Voice (Was Google Voice)

COZisBack

It's still working for me. Did you update the grooveip app? I did not. Maybe that's why it's still working for me. Wish I could send you the old app.

Remember, Robert moved to western South Dakota and had to terminate his Sprint lines.  He is now with that operator that goes by three letters, A, S, and S -- I might be off by a letter or two.  But that three letter operator does not have Google Voice integration.

AJ

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I've had a long time intermittent problem with google voice integration.  About 25-30% of call I originate have a problem, basically this:

I dial a number, but instead of hearing ringing I hear my own voice echoing in my ear.

The person I dialed phone rings, and if they answer, they hear nothing. 

I have to hang up and try the call again, sometimes 2-3 times before it works correctly. 

If I disable GV integration, this problem goes away completely.  

Anyone else seen this?  On another public forum, I saw someone post about the exact same problem, but there was never a resolution posted. 

• Like 1

Do you have a non-smartphone that you can temporarily activate to see if it's the Sprint Google voice integration? Or is it the relay to the 2nd phone? What is your 2nd phone that you are forwarding calls too and what is the carrier?

• 2 months later...

I will keep Google Voice and Hangouts separate.  I like the redundancy of receiving text messages via both data and SMS.

AJ

• Like 2

I will keep Google Voice and Hangouts separate.  I like the redundancy of receiving text messages via both data and SMS.

AJ

Will this not allow to send text messages utilizing data through hangouts though?  I thought that was part of the point.  By integrating google voice into hangouts one can now send a text through hangouts by either SMS or data.  I could be wrong.

Will this not allow to send text messages utilizing data through hangouts though?  I thought that was part of the point.  By integrating google voice into hangouts one can now send a text through hangouts by either SMS or data.  I could be wrong.

Google Voice is my archive for all text messages -- regardless of device.  This integration with Hangouts appears to cut Google Voice out of the loop, so there would go my archive.  No thanks.

Plus, as I stated earlier, I want the separate, redundant ability to send/receive text messages via data with Google Voice and/or via SMS with Hangouts.

AJ

• Like 2

Google Voice is my archive for all text messages -- regardless of device.  This integration with Hangouts appears to cut Google Voice out of the loop, so there would go my archive.  No thanks.

Plus, as I stated earlier, I want the separate, redundant ability to send/receive text messages via data with Google Voice and/or via SMS with Hangouts.

AJ

We will see if the google voice app even stays around.  I wouldn't be surprised to see it disappear if full functionality is transferred to hangouts.

AJ

This update isn't cutting Google Voice out of the loop. I've tested it, google voice messages still are "archived" online and in the GV app. This is just letting you send and receive messages (Via data) through hangouts instead of the GV app. Messages are marked when they use GV.

So you still have the ability to send messages with SMS or data.

• Like 1

I have google integration with my main number, installed the dialer and updated hangouts and have not received any prompt to merge gv and hangouts

Thanks. Wonder if we just need to wait, or if this won't be available for people that use Sprint GV integration :(

Thanks. Wonder if we just need to wait, or if this won't be available for people that use Sprint GV integration :(

I am assuming we simply have to wait, this is all just 'rolling out' and it seems like a server side controlled thing, so we will likely get it when google deems us worthy.

I have google integration with my main number, installed the dialer and updated hangouts and have not received any prompt to merge gv and hangouts

I'm still at version 2.1 and it doesn't show any update in the play store. That 2.1.3 update in the Google+ page didn't want to be installed for some reason. 

TS

I'm still at version 2.1 and it doesn't show any update in the play store. That 2.1.3 update in the Google+ page didn't want to be installed for some reason. 

TS

I installed the dialer from the play store (its a new separate app for whatever reason), but I installed the new hangouts update via APK via android police.

Also of note, I installed both new dialer and hangouts on nexus 7, and it appears to function, though I did not attempt to call anyone, it looks like we can now get VOIP over tablets via this new updates.

Edited by dedub

This update isn't cutting Google Voice out of the loop. I've tested it, google voice messages still are "archived" online and in the GV app. This is just letting you send and receive messages (Via data) through hangouts instead of the GV app. Messages are marked when they use GV.

So you still have the ability to send messages with SMS or data.

I am going to take this back, at first I was getting mirrored messages to GV, but now they are only showing up in hangouts.