Competition site maps

kmanracing24

Hello all.

This maybe sort of off topic but I was wondering if anyone has or knows of maps similar to the ones on this site showing locations of Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile sites. I think it would be interesting comparing them to Sprints sites in terms of vicinity to each other.

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Not going to happen. Any other carrier will shut a site like ours down with no remorse and bring the leaders to court and ruin their life's.

We're just one bad article or post away from being shut down like the other sprint network upgrade blog last year. We live because we stick to our core mission statement and hopefully will become a repository of knowledge and info in the later years as the network vision program wraps up.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 5

Hello all.

This maybe sort of off topic but I was wondering if anyone has or knows of maps similar to the ones on this site showing locations of Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile sites. I think it would be interesting comparing them to Sprints sites in terms of vicinity to each other.

Thanks!

Good luck with that, I have access to one company you mentioned but the friend of mine would make sure my you know what would get kicked if I gave all the tower locations out.

Sent from my Nexus 5

In a way site locations are not THAT secret, I mean they are but arnt.... The big Red will never disclose any location/site numbers, etc I have YET to find even one site number or any other info on theres, T-mobile is the same way.

I suppose that's pretty sensitive data. I never really thought about that.

Yes and no. I mean a lot of reasons behind it is that they dont want damage to there equipment. There is more to it though

Hm, that's interesting. It must not be a common thing for a big telecom to let the information out like Sprint. I've always wondered what Sprint thinks of s4gru. I guess there is a paywall for most of the information.

• Like 1

Not going to happen. Any other carrier will shut a site like ours down with no remorse and bring the leaders to court and ruin their life's.

We're just one bad article or post away from being shut down like the other sprint network upgrade blog last year. We live because we stick to our core mission statement and hopefully will become a repository of knowledge and info on the later years as the network vision program wraps up.

Sent from my Nexus 5

The idea of a chronological repository of random posters bitching about how slow Sprint speeds are in their market all the way through to experiencing a fully-implemented NV2.0 rollout would be an arduous - yet fun - read for people in future business school courses.

• Like 1

We're just one bad article or post away from being shut down like the other sprint network upgrade blog last year. We live because we stick to our core mission statement and hopefully will become a repository of knowledge and info on the later years as the network vision program wraps up.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I couldn't imagine what an article or blog post could lead to a shut down of a site.

I think part of what keeps this site up is simply the fact that complaints are not tolerated. Sprint doesn't want to have a bad reputation and we don't want them to have a bad reputation either. It's a win/win.

And I'm sure this site has saved Sprint from losing thousands of customers already.

• Like 6

I think part of what keeps this site up is simply the fact that complaints are not tolerated. Sprint doesn't want to have a bad reputation and we don't want them to have a bad reputation either. It's a win/win.

And I'm sure this site has saved Sprint from losing thousands of customers already.

Unfortunately only by a small amount though we only got 20K members (roughly I just checked what we had on here, lol)

Unfortunately only by a small amount though we only got 20K members (roughly I just checked what we had on here, lol)

20k members of which probably half are inactive or spam accounts.

The real thing is the number of visitors and individuals educated that spread the word to friends, family, strangers, and correct misinformation.

In fact I would venture that we here have been able to communicate to people about the network vision project and what sprint is doing far better than the multi million dollar budgeted PR teams and all with unpaid staff and dedicated members/sponsors.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 10

Reading this site before i became a member convinced me to switch to sprint. :D

• Like 4

I am sure that the universe couldn't handle a AT&T/Verizon/T-Mobile version of S4GRU. It would implode upon itself much like this.

A4GRU-V4GRU.png

And while we may only have 20K members, much like lilomitz said, that is only those that have registered. I am sure the site gets visited by many that do not register but still get a bit of knowledge out of the site and pass the word to friends and family that the network is improving and set to be top notch. 

TS

• Like 6

I am sure that the universe couldn't handle a AT&T/Verizon/T-Mobile version of S4GRU. It would implode upon itself much like this.

And while we may only have 20K members, much like lilomitz said, that is only those that have registered. I am sure the site gets visited by many that do not register but still get a bit of knowledge out of the site and pass the word to friends and family that the network is improving and set to be top notch.

TS

As well as the various articles that source S4GRU for info.

• Like 1

You forgot the multitude of banhammered maximus iterations too, that probably makes up at least 5% of the total.  :D

I ran into maximus at TMonews and he told me he still frequents this site just to check up.

• Like 1

Fortunately, all tower information is public, you just have to know where to look. If someone took the time, they could compile moderately complete tower maps for all 4 carriers with just building permit data all across the country. That is how I compiled it all for the Vegas market.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Fortunately, all tower information is public, you just have to know where to look. If someone took the time, they could compile moderately complete tower maps for all 4 carriers with just building permit data all across the country. That is how I compiled it all for the Vegas market.

Unfortunately however, many small towns (at least the ones around me) don't require building permits for site upgrades.

Unfortunately however, many small towns (at least the ones around me) don't require building permits for site upgrades.

Yeah, that is one problem. Checking rural counties might yield building permits even when local towns don't deal with them. Of course, YMMV.

Same thing here even in our big metro area.  Permits aren't required for site upgrades.  I've only seen them on brand new sites that AT&T or Verizon put up.

With a few thousand users across the country, a site location database could be "crowd sourced."  The problem would be finding a few thousand users who are competent.  Without that, erroneous IDs would run rampant.

AJ

With a few thousand users across the country, a site location database could be "crowd sourced." The problem would be finding a few thousand users who are competent. Without that, erroneous IDs would run rampant.

AJ

Yeah, competent users is the key to all of this.