Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

I just received a brand new nexus 5 from sprint.

It has tons of stuck pixels. mainly on the top of the screen

Its only noticeable on a black screen with the brightness turned all the way up.

Is this something I can get fixed or should I try to swap it for a replacement

Its only noticeable on a black screen with the brightness turned all the way up.

If you just got it swap it. If they give you too much trouble there are pixel unsticking apps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I had that with an iPad Air I bought from Sprint. I went into a Sprint store and got it exchanged in under 10 minutes.

They should easily replace it.

After re flashing the factory 4.4.4 image and disabling google now, and ok google from anywhere I am still having battery problems. 1 hour 9m screen on time, and a 28 minute phone call and I am down to 33% battery after only 10 hours. The phone has been sitting within a few feet of my router, and airave almos the entire time. Top items under battery are screen, voice calls, android os, android system, wifi, and then google services. Looking at wake locks, Google Dialer has the longest keep awake time at 25 minutes which I assume is from my phone call. Next is Google services with 24m keep awake time with 6000 wake locks, then phone with 16m keep awake time and 14500 wake locks, and android system with 6m keep awake time and 4000 wake locks. Does anyone have an idea how to curb some of these wake locks? At this point I'm ready to go back to using my EVO LTE, I can't deal with a phone that can barely make it half a day without even moderate use.

After re flashing the factory 4.4.4 image and disabling google now, and ok google from anywhere I am still having battery problems. 1 hour 9m screen on time, and a 28 minute phone call and I am down to 33% battery after only 10 hours. The phone has been sitting within a few feet of my router, and airave almos the entire time. Top items under battery are screen, voice calls, android os, android system, wifi, and then google services. Looking at wake locks, Google Dialer has the longest keep awake time at 25 minutes which I assume is from my phone call. Next is Google services with 24m keep awake time with 6000 wake locks, then phone with 16m keep awake time and 14500 wake locks, and android system with 6m keep awake time and 4000 wake locks. Does anyone have an idea how to curb some of these wake locks? At this point I'm ready to go back to using my EVO LTE, I can't deal with a phone that can barely make it half a day without even moderate use.

Well that's abnormal, I get 3-4 hours screen time and 16-20 hours of usage. You could trying installing xposed and using app opps, bootmanager, and xprivacy for starters. They're tools to limit apps access to things and control them better.

Well that's abnormal, I get 3-4 hours screen time and 16-20 hours of usage. You could trying installing xposed and using app opps, bootmanager, and xprivacy for starters. They're tools to limit apps access to things and control them better.

I used to get that kind of usage, I've used greenify, app ops xposed, franco kernel etc for a while but the last few weeks battery life has been atrocious. Something is keeping the phone awake 25% or more of the time, but I can't figure out what it is.

I used to get that kind of usage, I've used greenify, app ops xposed, franco kernel etc for a while but the last few weeks battery life has been atrocious. Something is keeping the phone awake 25% or more of the time, but I can't figure out what it is.

Have any twrp backups from the time when you were getting good usage?

I flashed the factory image again and unchecked restore my account and data. Going to only install a few things like twrp, root and signal check pro and see how it goes to see if I can narrow the cause down. It's frustrating because I used to get decent battery life with excellent stand by time, and lately it has completely tanked.

I flashed the factory image again and unchecked restore my account and data. Going to only install a few things like twrp, root and signal check pro and see how it goes to see if I can narrow the cause down. It's frustrating because I used to get decent battery life with excellent stand by time, and lately it has completely tanked.

Your battery could have crapped out possibly. You could always see if google would replace it for you(as in your phone lol).

Your battery could have crapped out possibly. You could always see if google would replace it for you(as in your phone lol).

I had thought about that, I didn't purchase it directly from Google though. I bought mine as a Sprint retail package (with the Sprint sim pre installed) from Best Buy outright. I have TEP from Sprint on the device but it doesn't seem like it would do much good without paying the replacement deductible. When I was in the store today they told me they don't/won't ever have any parts for the Nexus 5 (my screen has a portion of the oleophobic coating that rubbed off) and when I asked if they could order the screen they told me no. I thought about trying a different store, but all the local ones are all preferred retail stores by the same company so didn't think it would do much good.

I had thought about that, I didn't purchase it directly from Google though. I bought mine as a Sprint retail package (with the Sprint sim pre installed) from Best Buy outright. I have TEP from Sprint on the device but it doesn't seem like it would do much good without paying the replacement deductible. When I was in the store today they told me they don't/won't ever have any parts for the Nexus 5 (my screen has a portion of the oleophobic coating that rubbed off) and when I asked if they could order the screen they told me no. I thought about trying a different store, but all the local ones are all preferred retail stores by the same company so didn't think it would do much good.

It shouldn't matter, there should still be a manufacturers warranty. Usually it's about one year. I'd think you could get it replaced for the screen issue also, that doesn't sound normal. Maybe you got a dud phone lol.

It shouldn't matter, there should still be a manufacturers warranty. Usually it's about one year. I'd think you could get it replaced for the screen issue also, that doesn't sound normal. Maybe you got a dud phone lol.

The screen issue might be my fault. There is a very small scratch in the top left corner. The coating wore off around the scratch about the size of a penny. I don't really care about the scratch, but the coating wearing off is very annoying. Smudges show very easily and the screen doesn't feel smooth in that area.

I just finished re flashing 4.4.4. I allowed it to turn on google now, as well as google location service. I only installed twrp, supersu and busybox pro along with the 20 or so G app's that update themselves. Going to charge it up and let it sit tonight and see how it fares. I used to only drop 1-3% overnight off charger when I first got the phone, hopefully it will be similar and I can go from there.

2yzude5e.jpg

Down to 84% over night without touching the phone. I just disabled google now, location history, WiFi scanning, and changed WiFi to only stay on during sleep while plugged in. Hopefully that does something. As bad as it is, stand by time did go up. I was draining 30-40% in that same time before.

Any of y'all have (multi) touch issues?

For clarification: when trying to open received snapchats, I often will lose the snap before ever actually seeing it because the touch will trigger the countdown, but it won't register as consistent contact/long press, so its pretty much a failure.

Doesn't happen on my N7 or any other devices.

Tia

Disabling android device manager's remotely lock this device, remote lock and erase and changing location setting to device only has gotten rid of the wake locks. I also greenified maps as per http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/help/battery-life-help-troubleshoot-battery-t2785128. I may try re enabling google now and ok google now from any screen since I actually like those features but it's nice to know I don't have a faulty battery.

Any of y'all have (multi) touch issues?

For clarification: when trying to open received snapchats, I often will lose the snap before ever actually seeing it because the touch will trigger the countdown, but it won't register as consistent contact/long press, so its pretty much a failure.

Doesn't happen on my N7 or any other devices.

Tia

Is it on multiple apps on the nexus 5, if so screen issues could be the problem.

Looks like more of an upgrade from 5 to 6 than 4 to 5.

On another note... I have a friend with a Nexus 5 and hears herself when answering a phone call sometimes. The other person cannot hear her, and she only hears an echo of herself.

What causes this? What is this fix?

Looks like more of an upgrade from 5 to 6 than 4 to 5.

On another note... I have a friend with a Nexus 5 and hears herself when answering a phone call sometimes. The other person cannot hear her, and she only hears an echo of herself.

What causes this? What is this fix?

I'm told on about every other phone call that the person can't hear me. Sprint support couldn't fix it, so I just stopped using my n5. Bummer.

I'm told on about every other phone call that the person can't hear me. Sprint support couldn't fix it, so I just stopped using my n5. Bummer.

do you have a case? If not try using one. I bet the noise canceling mic is canceling your voice. You can quick test it with a piece of tape on the little hole on top.

have the person on the other end turn down the volume.  you are most likely hearing yourself from the other phone's speaker being too loud.

• Like 1