Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Has anyone noticed any radio differences between 5.0.1 and 5.1? My phone seems to take forever to switch from 3G to LTE. I usually have to toggle airplane mode to get LTE back.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I seem have the opposite experience, and it kind of resembles one of the old KitKat radios for me. My phone seems to hate 3G now. Whenever I'm in a 3G only location, my phone seems to want to scan for LTE all the time, and I consistently have no data connection while this is happening. When I do get into LTE range, though, it jumps onto LTE. Not too quickly, but I wouldn't say it takes forever. Then everything works well after connecting to LTE.

Has anyone noticed any radio differences between 5.0.1 and 5.1? My phone seems to take forever to switch from 3G to LTE. I usually have to toggle airplane mode to get LTE back.

Sent from my Nexus 5

If you have some app constantly or even very often accessing the internet, it can prevent the phone from rescanning for lte.

I haven't noticed any difference in lte/3g switching time, although in my area I have lte almost all of the time nowadays.

If you have some app constantly or even very often accessing the internet, it can prevent the phone from rescanning for lte.

I haven't noticed any difference in lte/3g switching time, although in my area I have lte almost all of the time nowadays.

Fresh install here, no difference. Maybe it's just my area, I completely disabled B26 it's pretty much useless right now. Perhaps they are optimizing things and in the mean time things are not quite working right.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Edited by BlueAngel

the network forced a profile update to me at about 2 PM EST. Not sure why or what it changed.

When I had my Nexus 5 this would happen at random times changing my band priorities to the Sprint default instead of my custom settings

When I had my Nexus 5 this would happen at random times changing my band priorities to the Sprint default instead of my custom settings

It's not like band priorities actually make any difference....

It's not like band priorities actually make any difference....

I realized that later on. This was around the time band 41 and band 26 was coming online in my market. I thought that the phone control the band I would use but it don't.

I know it will change that during a profile update but i have not messed with that for awhile.  So something was altered.

After 18 months of ownership, I ended up swapping in a new battery today. My battery life was just horrible, especially after Lollipop even with fresh clean install of 5.1.

I unplug at 7am & I need it on for at least 16 hours. These past couple months, I could not reach even 2 hrs of SOT. On days I reached close to 2 hrs SOT, phone would shut off around the 14 hrs mark.

I followed a YouTube guide & it was straightforward and easy, with an appropriate tool kit, of course.

My love for the N5 has been rejuvenated~! ????

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Which battery kit did you use?

This one from Amazon.

16-piece Precision Screwdriver Set Repair Tool Kit for iPad, iPhone, & Other Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E3CHLLC/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_rjuhvb1JW61GY

The backcover came off real easy. The longest part was carefully loosening & popping out the old battery.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Has anyone else had the problem of having to unplug and plug back in your charger just to to be able to charge at the correct amperage? I use current widget to monitor the amps while charging and initially when I plug in my charger it's below 500mA but after several replugs it goes up to 1A or higher. I do understand that it may not be accurate, but it seems to match up against how long my phone reports it should take to charge.

I would suspect a poor quality (or partially broken/worn) cable and/or charger.

My understanding is that the device must negotiate to get higher charge rates than the usb default, so assuming its not a device issue, something is preventing/delaying the ability for the device to say 'hey charge me faster'.

btw, what app are you using that shows the charge current on the n5?

So I no longer use the OEM charger since it started charging my phone at a low amperage, less than 500mA. And I'm not sure if this was the root cause but my battery life was terrible. I eventually started to use my HP touchpad charger which actually charges it at 1.5A and my battery life improved. I've been using current widget for the past 6 months and it seems to fairly accurate. I'm thinking that it could just be the jack on my phone that might be slightly damaged since the USB cable was once yanked out due to someone tripping over the cable.

btw, what app are you using that shows the charge current on the n5?

I'll butt in here and give my two cents while we're on the topic! I use GSam Battery Monitor Pro and like it very much. So much that I use this notification icon and have disabled the system one (using Xposed and GravityBox).

-Mike

• Like 1