nexgencpu

Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll release a 5.2" version later as some have speculated.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I don't want a behemoth phone. I had the Note 2. Too big. The Nexus 5 size was perfect. Love it! How about the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 6 del Grande? I hear 6 Plus is already taken. :)

google may keep the N5 in the lineup for a smaller option.  nobody knows for sure yet....

I don't want a behemoth phone. I had the Note 2. Too big. The Nexus 5 size was perfect. Love it! How about the Nexus 6 and the Nexus 6 del Grande? I hear 6 Plus is already taken. :)

6S is open I think, but they may need that one next year.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

lol true.

You all are whimps. Shamu too big? Oh Please, Shamu has nothing on the Mega, size wise.  :P (insert deep cowboy voice here) Now that's a mans phone. <return back to wimpy voice> lol

All joking aside, If i wasn't going for the Note Edge (whenever that damn thing comes out) I would probably (85%) have turned in my Mega for the Shamu. Even with it not having a sd card. 

TS

lol true.

You all are whimps. Shamu too big? Oh Please, Shamu has nothing on the Mega, size wise. :P (insert deep cowboy voice here) Now that's a mans phone. lol

All joking aside, If i wasn't going for the Note Edge (whenever that damn thing comes out) I would probably (85%) have turned in my Mega for the Shamu. Even with it not having a sd card.

TS

the edge is only getting released in Korea

the edge is only getting released in Korea

Negative.  The Note Edge has been announced on all four U.S. national providers.  It is launching in Korea first.

• Like 2

Negative. The Note Edge has been announced on all four U.S. national providers. It is launching in Korea first.

And only on a "limited production" basis.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

google may keep the N5 in the lineup for a smaller option.  nobody knows for sure yet....

That's what I think will happen.

more worried about spark compatibility than size

More worried if it will be on sprint at all.

• Like 3

[insert terrible that's what she said joke here]

• Like 2

More worried if it will be on sprint at all.

Same here!

I have been wanting to try a phablet, personally. I just hope it also has dual front facing speakers. I miss those from the m7 when i bought my N5.

Is the next radio app compatible with the nexus 5?

I installed it from the play store and it said my carrier is blocking the FM radio

Is the next radio app compatible with the nexus 5?

I installed it from the play store and it said my carrier is blocking the FM radio

The Nexus 5 doesn't have an FM radio

Thanks. I didn't think it did but the app seemed to imply it worked on all phones

Here is a link to an article that states that device (Nexus 6) will be available on Sprint. Take it for what it's worth....

These guys also tell false truths about Sprint taking away unlimited data.

http://bgr.com/2014/08/25/nexus-6-nexus-x-price-and-release-date/

Here is a link to an article that states that device (Nexus 6) will be available on Sprint. Take it for what it's worth....

These guys also tell false truths about Sprint taking away unlimited data.

http://bgr.com/2014/08/25/nexus-6-nexus-x-price-and-release-date/

TKTechNews which that article said it had information that it would be on Sprint now says it is AT&T exclusive for 2 months then on Verizon too.

TKTechNews which that article said it had information that it would be on Sprint now says it is AT&T exclusive for 2 months then on Verizon too.

Oh wow! I would like to see that device come to Sprint. I'd probably go for it. By what I have seen so far, it looks pretty sweet.

I can't imagine Verizon letting it on their network. They like to have the upper hand all the time.

First off, it's hard to imagine any Nexus device being an AT&T exclusive. It's kind of counter to the whole marque. Second, Verizon getting back in on an open device? That's hard to imagine unless Google decided to close the ecosystem for Verizon. This just doesn't smell right. And consider the source. They already have contradicted themselves with the Nexus 6/Nexus X rumors. No matter what ends up happening, they were wrong.

It's hard for me to imagine the new Nexus not being released like the last one. Unless they went back and created provider specific devices like the Galaxy Nexus. And what a mess that was. The N4/N5 open environment is the only way to go.

If they kow towed to Verizon and created different devices in a non open platform, then I will no longer be a Nexus device owner and avoid the newest version. Might as well just get a carrier version of the Google Play edition of the device of my choosing. Or go back to modding.

• Like 3

:ninja: patiently awaiting sprint inventory leaks  :ninja:

• Like 1

:ninja: patiently awaiting sprint inventory leaks  :ninja:

Yes, where's EV Leaks when you really need it.

I didn't mean to imply that its not coming to Sprint but just to show they change what they are reporting all the time. Trolling for clicks maybe.

Reading the TKTechNews article about the Verizon and AT&T exclusive gave me a headache. That author can't write grammatically correct sentences to save his life. An "and" was missing the "d." Snapdragon was spelled with a space. Nexus wasn't capitalized in a few places. There were inconsistencies all over the place. I definitely would read this article with a grain of salt, and if he turns out right, well, then either his sources were correct or it was pure coincidence, and good for him, but I cannot take that kind of writing if they are aiming for credibility.

• Like 1