Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Has anyone experienced the bug where they cannot answer/decline incoming calls on their N5, and the phone just continues ringing forever, even after the caller is kicked to voicemail? Started about 3 days ago for me, and it is driving me nuts. The only way to get off the incoming call screen is to reboot. It has been happening with increasing frequency to the point where it now happens on every incoming call.

I've read elsewhere about others having similar problems, but haven't seen any clear resolutions. I've had my N5 since shortly after launch and never had this problem. Wiped cache/dalvik and it didn't help. Going to factory reset tonight unless someone has any other suggestions.

Thanks,

-Mike

Mine has done that too, it was odd because after awhile my phone slid open(unlocked). Do you have a custom wallpaper? I narrowed my down to having too many pictures so it was taking forever to load it(I had like 1500).

Has anyone experienced the bug where they cannot answer/decline incoming calls on their N5, and the phone just continues ringing forever, even after the caller is kicked to voicemail? Started about 3 days ago for me, and it is driving me nuts. The only way to get off the incoming call screen is to reboot. It has been happening with increasing frequency to the point where it now happens on every incoming call.

I've read elsewhere about others having similar problems, but haven't seen any clear resolutions. I've had my N5 since shortly after launch and never had this problem. Wiped cache/dalvik and it didn't help. Going to factory reset tonight unless someone has any other suggestions.

Thanks,

-Mike

This bug happened too me it was due to taking off roaming on the device when I first got it. Enabled roaming again. Problem stopped.

Do you have a custom wallpaper? I narrowed my down to having too many pictures so it was taking forever to load it(I had like 1500).

I have a couple hundred pics, but I've had more in the past. Wallpaper hasn't changed in months.

This bug happened too me it was due to taking off roaming on the device when I first got it. Enabled roaming again. Problem stopped.

Odd.. I just double-checked my settings anyway, data and voice are enabled.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions so far! Since clearing Google Play Store data (I thought I hit Services too, but I didn't), it's working again. Seems silly and maybe its just a placebo, but we'll see. Was able to answer my first call in over 24 hours after doing that.

-Mike

I have a couple hundred pics, but I've had more in the past. Wallpaper hasn't changed in months.

Odd.. I just double-checked my settings anyway, data and voice are enabled.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions so far! Since clearing Google Play Store data (I thought I hit Services too, but I didn't), it's working again. Seems silly and maybe its just a placebo, but we'll see. Was able to answer my first call in over 24 hours after doing that.

-Mike

See mine hadn't/hasn't either. I probably should've clarified better, but I crammed that answer in while I was waiting to be seated for dinner. I keep some TV shows and movies on my phone and regularly delete and add new ones. This creates the empty photo icon in photos (it says media cannot be found when you click it) until you delete them individually. Whenever I have large amount of those or just photos in general it takes my photo app a second or two to load them to where I can view and scroll through. This is when I experienced the issue with the lock screen and calls. Clearing out the non existent leftover icons and some photos I didn't need fixed it for me.

On Android L, LTE discovery connection reset doesn't appear to work. Also, when I try and open signal check, it restarts my phone. I hope these issues are fixed soon.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

On Android L, LTE discovery connection reset doesn't appear to work. Also, when I try and open signal check, it restarts my phone. I hope these issues are fixed soon.

known issues..signal check will have an update soon

• Like 1

After using the T-Mobile $30 SIM plan since Nov 2013, I switched to the Straight Talk $45 plan with unlimited talk & text with 3GB of full-speed 4G LTE. And what a difference it has been.

In areas where my Sprint Galaxy S4 got only 3G or no data, the T-Mobile was no better 90% of the time.

With the AT&T in there, now my Nexus 5 is truly a great backup when Sprint simply can't deliver.

Sent from my SPH-L720

Since clearing Google Play Store data (I thought I hit Services too, but I didn't), it's working again. Seems silly and maybe its just a placebo, but we'll see. Was able to answer my first call in over 24 hours after doing that.

Must have just been a coincidence.. it only worked for a brief time, then went back to misbehaving. Is it possible to flash an alternative dialer? Having a phone that won't answer calls isn't very useful..

-Mike

Must have just been a coincidence.. it only worked for a brief time, then went back to misbehaving. Is it possible to flash an alternative dialer? Having a phone that won't answer calls isn't very useful..

-Mike

Maybe clear the dialer cache?

I didn't recall what was done before. Just throwing something out there.

Hey I appreciate everyone's ideas! Nothing has worked so far, trying to find a third-party dialer to see if that helps. The only step I haven't tried is a factory reset, but I've seen many others who tried that without resolving the issue, so I'd rather keep looking for alternatives. It is a very inconsistent problem -- I was able to answer several calls today, but a short time later, I couldn't, and after rebooting, I still can't. 

-Mike

Hey I appreciate everyone's ideas! Nothing has worked so far, trying to find a third-party dialer to see if that helps. The only step I haven't tried is a factory reset, but I've seen many others who tried that without resolving the issue, so I'd rather keep looking for alternatives. It is a very inconsistent problem -- I was able to answer several calls today, but a short time later, I couldn't, and after rebooting, I still can't. 

-Mike

You could try using one of those background service killers, and go one by one till you find the culprit. This happened to me for a short period of time. I'm chalking it up to some conflicting app that I stopped using.

-Mike

Would running a different rom possibly help?

You could try using one of those background service killers, and go one by one till you find the culprit. This happened to me for a short period of time. I'm chalking it up to some conflicting app that I stopped using.

I was trying to figure out what apps I updated/installed, but I hadn't done anything in the past couple of weeks except for SignalCheck. And I uninstalled it just in case.. didn't help. ;)

Would running a different rom possibly help?

Probably, since it seems to be an issue with the stock dialer screen. But I'd prefer to stay on the stock ROM; I'm an AOSP fan and think it's the best testbed for my app. I just found a suggestion to ensure I'm on "Global" and not "LTE (recommended)".. I don't see how that would impact it, but I'm giving it a try. Odd that so many people have reported this problem on various forums, but there isn't a clear resolution. And odd that it affects a random subset of N5 users.

-Mike

you could always nandroid backup, factory reset to see if that fixes it, then if necessary restore your nandroid backup.

I was trying to figure out what apps I updated/installed, but I hadn't done anything in the past couple of weeks except for SignalCheck. And I uninstalled it just in case.. didn't help. ;)

Probably, since it seems to be an issue with the stock dialer screen. But I'd prefer to stay on the stock ROM; I'm an AOSP fan and think it's the best testbed for my app. I just found a suggestion to ensure I'm on "Global" and not "LTE (recommended)".. I don't see how that would impact it, but I'm giving it a try. Odd that so many people have reported this problem on various forums, but there isn't a clear resolution. And odd that it affects a random subset of N5 users.

-Mike

Wait a minute, I have a question. Do you use xposed?

you could always nandroid backup, factory reset to see if that fixes it, then if necessary restore your nandroid backup.

Oh if I did it, that would be the route I took. I will do it once I exhausted all the other options; I'm only hesitant because several others who experienced the same problem said it didn't resolve it. That's a lot of hassle for something that hasn't been shown to work.

Wait a minute, I have a question. Do you use xposed?

Nope, I'm rooted but that's really about it. Since my N5 is my primary test device, I try to keep it simple so I know any bugs are related to the app and not something else I might have installed. I have other test devices that I don't use for anything else, but the N5 is awesome because I can temporarily throw in a AT&T or T-Mobile SIM and make sure it's behaving well on those providers too. Minimizes my hate mail after an update!

-Mike

• Like 1

Oh if I did it, that would be the route I took. I will do it once I exhausted all the other options; I'm only hesitant because several others who experienced the same problem said it didn't resolve it. That's a lot of hassle for something that hasn't been shown to work.

Nope, I'm rooted but that's really about it. Since my N5 is my primary test device, I try to keep it simple so I know any bugs are related to the app and not something else I might have installed. I have other test devices that I don't use for anything else, but the N5 is awesome because I can temporarily throw in a AT&T or T-Mobile SIM and make sure it's behaving well on those providers too. Minimizes my hate mail after an update!

-Mike

Well you might look into xposed and see if they have another dialer option. I'd bet there's one out there somewhere.

Edit: actually now that I think about it my issues stopped when I tweaked my dialer settings in gravity box. So you might just try/look at that.

Edited by kojitsari
  • Like 1

u8azumuq.jpg

Lately this has been the largest battery draw on my phone. Is this related to the new setting that allows google now to used from any screen? Recently I disabled location history, but I don't see how its related. Since turning that off, google search has jumped to #1 battery drainer over Google play services.

u8azumuq.jpg

Lately this has been the largest battery draw on my phone. Is this related to the new setting that allows google now to used from any screen? Recently I disabled location history, but I don't see how its related. Since turning that off, google search has jumped to #1 battery drainer over Google play services.

That's ok google everywhere, but it does not have a large effect on battery life. It is only active when the screen is on.

That's ok google everywhere, but it does not have a large effect on battery life. It is only active when the screen is on.

Any idea why google search would have almost 2000 wake locks or what the audioin is shown on wake lock detector? When I got home today I had maybe 10 minutes of screen on time and battery was down to 45% with google search being the culprit.

Edit: I found something on xda about placing a .nomedia file in the sdcard directory, I'll see if it has any effect and if so try to narrow down what exactly is causing it.

Any idea why google search would have almost 2000 wake locks or what the audioin is shown on wake lock detector? When I got home today I had maybe 10 minutes of screen on time and battery was down to 45% with google search being the culprit.

Edit: I found something on xda about placing a .nomedia file in the sdcard directory, I'll see if it has any effect and if so try to narrow down what exactly is causing it.

What do the Android battery stats look like?