Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

SIP is not considered WiFi calling. None of the carriers use SIP for WiFi calling. Whatever the reason for that may be, it must be a good one. I presume it's due to the integration of SIP into the core network. Also, SIP doesn't support text messaging, something WiFi calling does support (at least on sprint).

IMS, however, is built into Android. Sprint could leverage that and wouldn't need a WiFi calling app baked into the software.

Just want to say this thread has been very helpful. I thought I had a "problem" with my nexus 5 avoiding switching to LTE until I airplane mode cycled-though looks like it's normal.  Unfortunately based on what I read here it seems the solution is to not drop LTE in the first place :/

Just want to say this thread has been very helpful. I thought I had a "problem" with my nexus 5 avoiding switching to LTE until I airplane mode cycled-though looks like it's normal. Unfortunately based on what I read here it seems the solution is to not drop LTE in the first place :/

If you're streaming data, then yes. If not, it should switch fairly quickly assuming the coverage is there.

Sent from my LG G3

Anybody else having issues with GPS the last couple of days. I am stock and both Google Maps and Waze have not been working.

Edit:

I should be more clear. They have been working but very spotty.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Do you have Wi-Fi on? My location is usually off by a mile or so with it off.

That shouldn't be. Wi-Fi can be used to more quickly locate you, but unless you are deep within a building, GPS can still get a 5-10m lock within a few seconds.

No and have never had an issue like this. It just goes in and out while using navigation. It will work for 10 seconds then GPS signal lost for 40 seconds. And continues to go on and off. It basically renders navigation useless.

Anybody else having issues with GPS the last couple of days. I am stock and both Google Maps and Waze have not been working.

Edit:

I should be more clear. They have been working but very spotty.

A few updates ago my GPS accuracy went to craps. Gave up navigation with it.

No and have never had an issue like this. It just goes in and out while using navigation. It will work for 10 seconds then GPS signal lost for 40 seconds. And continues to go on and off. It basically renders navigation useless.

That could be a hardware defect. Are you in a position to get your Nexus swapped out?

There were apparently some early Nexus 5 batches that had poor GPS performance.

Not sure. I got it through Amazon on Sprint contract. Did not cost me a thing. I switched back to Dalvik to see if that will fix it. I will test tomorrow. Have not done a factory reset yet as well.

Update: I just dropped my phone with the case on it. All of the sudden the GPS works fine again. "This is how we do it on the Russian space station". I was just getting ready to do a factory reset. Haha!

• Like 4

Anyone having trouble connecting to LTE? I am on the .15 radio, when on engineering it will show a band 25 in the scan for a split second then the band '50' and goes right to 3g. In scp it shows LTE scan for a sec then right to 1x, then ehrpd.

I have attempted the *#*# reset. Changed my band selections, turned em all on and off, updated prls and profile. LTE only. My s4 grabs LTE just fine. I just don't get it.

Update: I just dropped my phone with the case on it. All of the sudden the GPS works fine again. "This is how we do it on the Russian space station". I was just getting ready to do a factory reset. Haha!

That's the advanced mode factory reset.

Curious to see if anyone has my issues. When I got back from Italy (used the international roaming there) my phone worked fine for a couple days. Then it would connect to LTE and evdo but not 1x so I couldn't make phone calls. I took it to the store after flashing back to full stock (which didn't fix it). After I told the rep my issues using the technological terms (like ehrpd) she told me that I was talking about gsm and sprint is CDMA. She and the lead tech proceeded to tell me I was still in "international" mode and that I needed to get my phone locked to the network again. I tried to explain that nexuses don't come locked and that wasn't the problem because it worked when I got back. I went home, unfixed, and ended up fiddling with it and changed to ART which magically fixed it for a couple days. Then I decided that I would try the developer preview and it has fixed everything. Thoughts?

Anyone having trouble connecting to LTE? I am on the .15 radio, when on engineering it will show a band 25 in the scan for a split second then the band '50' and goes right to 3g. In scp it shows LTE scan for a sec then right to 1x, then ehrpd.

I have attempted the *#*# reset. Changed my band selections, turned em all on and off, updated prls and profile. LTE only. My s4 grabs LTE just fine. I just don't get it.

I had problems last night, connecting to LTE, but it still happened even when I switched to my m8, check the stl thread for more details.

I just switched back from m8 (which eventually connected to LTE around 130am), to n5 and lte is working as well.

I had problems last night, connecting to LTE, but it still happened even when I switched to my m8, check the stl thread for more details.

I just switched back from m8 (which eventually connected to LTE around 130am), to n5 and lte is working as well.

Just a thought, someone in our market had an issue with his N5 connecting and had to reset his account online (block calls / texts / data) then re-enable.  This worked for him, could be pure luck though...

• Like 1

Love the nexus. Had to drop Sprint for the day because two towers went down so I have no voice or data service going on two days. They where trying to turn on 800 and something went terribly wrong. T-Mobile saved my ass.

• Like 1

Has there been any resolution to the MMS issue some of us were having with the Android L Preview?

Flash back to Kit Kat ????

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Oh I've been back on KitKat. Just curious if someone found a work around.

There was a sprint user who claims to have got it working by flashing an old radio and a couple other things over in the XDA thread but I had already switched back so can't confirm.

There was a sprint user who claims to have got it working by flashing an old radio and a couple other things over in the XDA thread but I had already switched back so can't confirm.

Well that's good news. Thanks for the heads up, I might take a second crack at Android L and see if the fix is legit or not.

Well that's good news. Thanks for the heads up, I might take a second crack at Android L and see if the fix is legit or not.

I thought mms only didn't work with hangouts? Anyone try chomp sms?

Was thinking of flashing