Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Does charging with the screen on seem really slow for anyone else, or is it my funky USB cable?

I don't charge like that, but it would make sense. You're losing half of the power that is coming in to run the screen...

• Like 1

I have never noticed this before on previous devices but I am currently connected to wifi and lte at the same time.  

• Like 2

I don't charge like that, but it would make sense. You're losing half of the power that is coming in to run the screen...

Slower is one thing, and I used to that. This is to the tune of 1% every 10 minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

When connected to 1x does it change the signal icon to 1x like on the nexus s 4g or stay 3g icon like the galaxy nexus?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

No icon for me, just bars.

Slower is one thing, and I used to that. This is to the tune of 1% every 10 minutes.

Damn, thats slow, try without the screen on and see what happens. Are you using the supplied LG charger?

I have been l lurking on this forum because I see a bunch of you are having some of the same issues with LTE connection that I'm having. Areas where my Note 2 would connect with no problem, my Nexus 5 hangs on EVDO or nothing. Profile updates don't help, restarts don't help, and I've had Sprint redo the data provisioning twice. The strange thing is that a profile update on WiFi at home connects me to LTE, but this one tower by my work seems to mess everything up. Forcing LTE makes it zip Right along

When connected to 1x does it change the signal icon to 1x like on the nexus s 4g or stay 3g icon like the galaxy nexus?

When I forced 1x yesterday in settings I got an actual 1x icon.

• Like 2

No icon for me, just bars.

Damn, thats slow, try without the screen on and see what happens. Are you using the supplied LG charger?

In not talking about during a call on talking about 1x data when there is no 3g and LTE signal

Case - delivered

SIM card - out for delivery

32GB Black N5 - leaves warehouse 11/26/2013

16GB White N5 - leaves warehouse 12/3/2013

Hurry up and wait. 

You will most likely get your phones way before that.

My 32GB Black Nexus 5 had a Nov 15 ship date originally but is out for delivery today.

That's kind of a shocker.

I would think NV has made it's way to the Triangle by now. Considering all the tech companies that's located there.

It's definitely here in the Triangle... we just can't connect to it with the Nexus 5.

That's kind of a shocker.

I would think NV has made it's way to the Triangle by now. Considering all the tech companies that's located there.

Raleigh has had solid LTE for a long time, I get it everywhere but my home. However in 3 days, my N5 has not connected once. The N5 has major major issues in some areas, most of us have never seen the LTE icon unless we force LTE ONLY.

Raleigh has had solid LTE for a long time, I get it everywhere but my home. However in 3 days, my N5 has not connected once. The N5 has major major issues in some areas, most of us have never seen the LTE icon unless we force LTE ONLY.

Oh I see. 

Weird how some people have no LTE issues and others do 

I'm actually doing some testing right now. I'm using the supplied LG charger, but I'm using a different cable because it's longer. I'll post the results when I'm done.

My LTE works when I set it to "LTE only" under Network Mode under the dialer code *#*#4636#*#* (what is the name of this screen anyway?) But of course if I don't have LTE I don't have any service.

When all settings are default and I toggle airplane mode, it connects to LTE for a second, then falls back to 3G. Any ideas? 32GB Black.

Agreed. It is just constantly trying to connect to LTE or eHRPD, then loses stream and just guess back to EVDO

Yes, I believe you mean "as to whom," math professor.  But I, too, do have an attitude -- as it pertains to the negators on this site.  Go away.  Find greener pastures.  Good luck.

AJ

Actually, I believe it is is "as to who" because the "to" goes to the entire clause of "who had the attitude", and therefore doesn't cause the "who" to be the object of the sentence, but instead the subject in the relative clause it is in.