• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a Sprint product development employee reach out to me this morning after reading this thread. His message says:   Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

I am now the proud owner of a Nexus 5!       Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Mine just arrived!!!  

Posted Images

4.4.2 supposedly fixes the voicemail notification problem in the Nexus 5, but after sideloading the update it still doesn't work. Does it work for anyone?

And I am still wondering... What voicemail?

And I am still wondering... What voicemail?

Posted Image

I guess standard voicemail notification directly from carrier to the OS without an app, like Google Voice or other visual voicemail apps. Press 1 on the dialpad to access it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

4.4.2 supposedly fixes the voicemail notification problem in the Nexus 5, but after sideloading the update it still doesn't work. Does it work for anyone?

I saw posts on the Sprint Community board saying the same thing, so it's probably not just you.

-Mike

Is it pretty easy to get a sim at a corporate store now? Just ordered my nexus.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Ironically, my sprint corporate store fed me a line and wouldnt give one up.  I went to a sprint third party retailer and they were more than willing.  Was told all sprint stores were sent a bunch specifically for the nexus.  He had a stack of like 5-10 that had come in the week before (this was last week).  Take that for what its worth though.

Ironically, my sprint corporate store fed me a line and wouldnt give one up. I went to a sprint third party retailer and they were more than willing. Was told all sprint stores were sent a bunch specifically for the nexus. He had a stack of like 5-10 that had come in the week before (this was last week). Take that for what its worth though.

They are free, correct?

They are free, correct?

Yeah, so don't let anyone try to charge you for one.  I think we had someone report on here that the Sprint rep didn't want to give him one without forking over $50.

They are free, correct?

Yes, should be.  You can try telling them Sprint CS sent you in (which they do in some cases).  In my search for one, Sprint International CS offered to call the store and ask about stock as well.  You can tell a little white lie and tell the store CS sent you in and if they say they have none tell them CS called the store the other day to check and were told they had plenty.

If you think about it, it be hard to have a cell phone store, push for all kinds of activations by your employees but not have SIM cards on hand to activate the devices.

Yeah, so don't let anyone try to charge you for one.  I think we had someone report on here that the Sprint rep didn't want to give him one without forking over $50.

That may have happened to someone else too, but it most certainly happened to me.  The guy was awfully rude about it too, like I was wasting his time.

That may have happened to someone else too, but it most certainly happened to me.  The guy was awfully rude about it too, like I was wasting his time.

Unfortunately for him, you were "wasting his time."  The commissioned sales employees are not getting paid for forking over free SIM cards to existing subs.  And that likely explains the attitude some have encountered.

AJ

Unfortunately for him, you were "wasting his time."  The commissioned sales employees are not getting paid for forking over free SIM cards to existing subs.  And that likely explains the attitude some have encountered.

AJ

Fair enough, as I got this attitude from the sales guy, but I got it considerably worse from the tech guy, who shouldn't be commissioned or anything.  He was far more condescending than the first guy.  He wouldn't give out "any of his equipment" or even look at the N5 to show me that it needed "a special sim" without me forking over $50 on the spot.

I am now the proud owner of a Nexus 5!

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Give it a couple of weeks and your iPhone is going to feel like a cute toy to you.
  • Like 5

Is it pretty easy to get a sim at a corporate store now? Just ordered my nexus.

If not, I contacted Sprint Worldwide Chat and they shipped me a sim card right away, for free, no questions asked.  I contacted them last Wed, and they got it to me today for free--No shipping charge either (also, they do have a 12 dollar overnight shipping option). 

Edit: Here is the link to chat: http://sprintworldwide.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

If not, I contacted Sprint Worldwide Chat and they shipped me a sim card right away, for free, no questions asked.  I contacted them last Wed, and they got it to me today for free--No shipping charge either (also, they do have a 12 dollar overnight shipping option). 

Edit: Here is the link to chat: http://sprintworldwide.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

...lol.  Lucky.  I ordered mine through worldwide chat on 11/4, and there has literally been zero movement on it.  I actually just pulled up the order on Sprint's site.  The order is there, it was "last updated" on 12/10/2013, but there is still no tracking number, and no status.

If you are on SERO the worldwide chat will tell you they can't help you because your a business customer or something like that. At least that is what they did to me and I ended up going to my local store.

I am now the proud owner of a Nexus 5!

yvetyjub.jpg

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

This is actually something worth celebrating, I am so proud of you. LOL!!!

• Like 4
  • S4GRU changed the title to Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!