Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Under settings\SMS there is an option to select between carrier number, google voice number and smart reply mode. Sounds like you are in smart reply mode. Its not very convenient, they need the option on the chat screen..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I tried changing that. Every time it now switches it to carrier reply when I have it set to google voice. It was set to smart reply. It would be nice if they added that where the hangouts/SMS select is.

I tried changing that. Every time it now switches it to carrier reply when I have it set to google voice. It was set to smart reply. It would be nice if they added that where the hangouts/SMS select is.

Yeah, just add a couple 'from' entries in the pop up menu..

• Like 1

Has anyone figured out a way to change between google voice or carrier number when fully integrated for WiFi SMS? It seems pretty random which of my threads are sprint and which are google voice.

it must be a bug.  everyone needs to go here, star the first post, and leave comments to gain more attention:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/hangouts/F2JpXKHcj10

out with the old and in with the new  :rasp:

Only if it works on sprint!

if the n6 doesn't support sprint and the n5 is no longer available, sprint loses out on a great device.

• Like 4

Sounds like the Nexus 5 is no longer being made:

http://www.slashgear.com/incoming-nexus-6-may-have-killed-off-nexus-5-15346293/

still in the play store, all are in stock except for red 32g.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_5_32GB_Black?id=nexus_5_black_32gb

Forgive me if this has been addressed prior, but I noticed something funny of late. When network mode is LTE, incoming calls do not come in. Further, instead of going to voicemail I get a busy signal after 7 or 8 rings when I call my phone. Texts come in on occasion, and outgoing calls go just fine. Is this related to LTE in the DC area still being a work in progress or do I need to tinker with some settings/duke it out with sprint chat for a new SIM?

Forgive me if this has been addressed prior, but I noticed something funny of late. When network mode is LTE, incoming calls do not come in. Further, instead of going to voicemail I get a busy signal after 7 or 8 rings when I call my phone. Texts come in on occasion, and outgoing calls go just fine. Is this related to LTE in the DC area still being a work in progress or do I need to tinker with some settings/duke it out with sprint chat for a new SIM?

Is your roaming mode set to "Home" or "Automatic"? I had similar issues when I had it set to just "Home", leave it on "Automatic".

Sounds like eCSFB issues. Are you on the latest radio or do you happen to be on one of the experimental pre-release radios?

When you put your phone in LTE only mode, you are manually disable eCSFB and make it impossible for your phone to make/receive calls or texts. Some texts may still occasionally come in over LTE.

Wait. On second thought, which LTE mode are you referring to? System menu or debug? If calls are going out it must be system menu, but the rest of your description lines up with debug.

Edit: disregard. System menu. :)

Latest radio, 4.4.4, no root no band priority.

It sounds like network side eCSFB issues. Since a call can't be done on LTE until Sprint implements Voice over LTE, eCSFB is supposed to notify the handset to switch to 3G CDMA to accept the call. Since it sounds like calls work perfectly on 3G, and you're not on some experimental radio like the .15 radio that some people love, it doesn't seem like a handset issue. From what I know, it does sound like a network issue and doesn't have anything to do with your handset.

If you've had no problems with LTE prior to recently, perhaps your area is getting Sprint upgrades to enable LTE Band 41 or Band 26, but they didn't fix eCSFB on those bands. That seemed to be a problem that a few markets were having when getting new LTE bands.

• Like 1

It sounds like network side eCSFB issues. Since a call can't be done on LTE until Sprint implements Voice over LTE, eCSFB is supposed to notify the handset to switch to 3G CDMA to accept the call. Since it sounds like calls work perfectly on 3G, and you're not on some experimental radio like the .15 radio that some people love, it doesn't seem like a handset issue. From what I know, it does sound like a network issue and doesn't have anything to do with your handset.

If you've had no problems with LTE prior to recently, perhaps your area is getting Sprint upgrades to enable LTE Band 41 or Band 26, but they didn't fix eCSFB on those bands. That seemed to be a problem that a few markets were having when getting new LTE bands.

Yeah I'm changing everything in the network settings, not debug menu. Band 41 is pretty solid around here but I have noticed when signal check pro says I'm on 26 the tests don't work. In a previous office in a different part of town I had fringe lte service and had similar issues but leaving it in global mode made sure I got everything timely (for the most part). Will chalk it up to DC not being an official LTE market. I'll continue to tinker and call my N5 from the land line until my boss asks what the hell I'm doing all day...

• Like 1

Yeah I'm changing everything in the network settings, not debug menu. Band 41 is pretty solid around here but I have noticed when signal check pro says I'm on 26 the tests don't work. In a previous office in a different part of town I had fringe lte service and had similar issues but leaving it in global mode made sure I got everything timely (for the most part). Will chalk it up to DC not being an official LTE market. I'll continue to tinker and call my N5 from the land line until my boss asks what the hell I'm doing all day...

DC is an official LTE market. They were launched last week. If you're seeing problems with LTE, go ahead and call it in!