Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Some of you may remember the 1x issue I was having that I posted about a few pages back.  Well, I managed to fix it on accident.  I switched over to my T-Mobile prepaid SIM for some testing today, and upon switching back to Sprint, the issue was completely fixed!  Something funky must have happened with the last transition from T-Mobile -> Sprint.  Glad it's all fixed now. Remembering to put my phone in 1x only mode when rebooting was really annoying.

Some of you may remember the 1x issue I was having that I posted about a few pages back.  Well, I managed to fix it on accident.  I switched over to my T-Mobile prepaid SIM for some testing today, and upon switching back to Sprint, the issue was completely fixed!  Something funky must have happened with the last transition from T-Mobile -> Sprint.  Glad it's all fixed now. Remembering to put my phone in 1x only mode when rebooting was really annoying.

Quick question for you.  I also put a T-Mobile prepaid SIM in my N5 for a couple weeks (while going back to my G2 on Sprint).   I had a very difficult time getting the N5 to properly activate on Sprint afterwords.  Did you have a similar experience? 

When the handset finally did activate (after several profile updates and reboots), I didn't have any LTE data.  The signal was there but no throughput.  Luckily, I had a EFS backup from a month or two ago and that patched things up. 

Quick question for you. I also put a T-Mobile prepaid SIM in my N5 for a couple weeks (while going back to my G2 on Sprint). I had a very difficult time getting the N5 to properly activate on Sprint afterwords. Did you have a similar experience?

Yup, I had the same experience. Sprint kept giving me to different engineers before hanging up on me. So, I spent about 30 seconds to change the mobile network settings which I had assumed would be the logical area to fix the issue and that fixed it.

I have to switch to LTE only mode after I pop in the sprint sim.

Quick question for you. I also put a T-Mobile prepaid SIM in my N5 for a couple weeks (while going back to my G2 on Sprint). I had a very difficult time getting the N5 to properly activate on Sprint afterwords. Did you have a similar experience?

When the handset finally did activate (after several profile updates and reboots), I didn't have any LTE data. The signal was there but no throughput. Luckily, I had a EFS backup from a month or two ago and that patched things up.

My Nexus 5 comes today. I would have gotten the G3 but I prefer my phones have wireless and mobility between carriers. Plus, LG has been slow and tight lipped about updates. My wife has been slowing android L since I installed it for her.

My Nexus 5 comes today. I would have gotten the G3 but I prefer my phones have wireless and mobility between carriers. Plus, LG has been slow and tight lipped about updates. My wife has been slowing android L since I installed it for her.

Actually LG has been prompt on updating the G2(4 updates in 9 months), and I don't see why the G3 would be different. Also they're going to be selling new backs to enable wireless charging.

However I'm sure you'll love the n5, personally it's just the right size and the buttery smoothness of pure android is hard to beat:D. The official release of "L" seems to be on track to be pretty stellar. If you have any questions or tips you'd like to know feel free to ask in here, were a pretty active group.

• Like 1

When the handset finally did activate (after several profile updates and reboots), I didn't have any LTE data. The signal was there but no throughput. Luckily, I had a EFS backup from a month or two ago and that patched things up.

Sometimes it's a pain, but this time I found that it activated very easily. All I did was switch the radio mode back to LTE/CDMA auto and it connected to LTE, then properly handed off to 3G when I went inside.

Ok....So last Sunday my N5 stopped connecting to mobile data. Looked at my phone and noticed that there was no LTE or 3G symbol in status bar. Called Sprint, they could not get it working. Went to a store...could not get it working. Did factory reset....no luck. It will not go through the hands free activation. It says cannot be activated at this time. Try to do a PRL, Profile update and get a network error, try again later message. When I use signal check it shows connected to band 41 and in the all the phone menus to check which band and signal it says connected to LTE. Calls and texts work fine. Any ideas?

• Like 1

Ok....So last Sunday my N5 stopped connecting to mobile data. Looked at my phone and noticed that there was no LTE or 3G symbol in status bar. Called Sprint, they could not get it working. Went to a store...could not get it working. Did factory reset....no luck. It will not go through the hands free activation. It says cannot be activated at this time. Try to do a PRL, Profile update and get a network error, try again later message. When I use signal check it shows connected to band 41 and in the all the phone menus to check which band and signal it says connected to LTE. Calls and texts work fine. Any ideas?

Have you tried forcing LTE only mode and seeing if it'd connect?

When you do the profile/PRL update are you connected to WiFi?

When I force it to LTE only it says searching for service, but when I check the signal Im connected to band 41, says LTE and gives me an IP address. I have been connected to wifi when trying a PRL, Profile update, same error message. The wifi data works fine.

When I force it to LTE only it says searching for service, but when I check the signal Im connected to band 41, says LTE and gives me an IP address. I have been connected to wifi when trying a PRL, Profile update, same error message. The wifi data works fine.

If you don't have your msl, get it or use the nexus 5 field test app to go into the engineering screens and disable b41.

Has anyone experienced the bug where they cannot answer/decline incoming calls on their N5, and the phone just continues ringing forever, even after the caller is kicked to voicemail? Started about 3 days ago for me, and it is driving me nuts. The only way to get off the incoming call screen is to reboot. It has been happening with increasing frequency to the point where it now happens on every incoming call.

I've read elsewhere about others having similar problems, but haven't seen any clear resolutions. I've had my N5 since shortly after launch and never had this problem. Wiped cache/dalvik and it didn't help. Going to factory reset tonight unless someone has any other suggestions.

Thanks,

-Mike

If your EFS partition is screwed up, you'd need to flash the Google factory image.

If the EFS is messed up not even a factory image can help you. EFS is phone specific. It is rare that the EFS ever gets messed up unless you're really trying to break it.
  • Like 1

Has anyone experienced the bug where they cannot answer/decline incoming calls on their N5, and the phone just continues ringing forever, even after the caller is kicked to voicemail? Started about 3 days ago for me, and it is driving me nuts. The only way to get off the incoming call screen is to reboot. It has been happening with increasing frequency to the point where it now happens on every incoming call.

I've read elsewhere about others having similar problems, but haven't seen any clear resolutions. I've had my N5 since shortly after launch and never had this problem. Wiped cache/dalvik and it didn't help. Going to factory reset tonight unless someone has any other suggestions.

Thanks,

-Mike

Are you using a custom kernel by any chance? If so, I'd revert to stock and see if that helps.  I've seen some very weird issues caused by kernel bugs.

Thanks,

-Mike

Never experienced that issue. Before a factory reset I would try clearing data for the dialer app.

Thanks,

-Mike

I have had this intermittent problem since I received the phone shortly after release. If I remember correctly people seem to think it has something to do with being connected to LTE while receiving an incoming call

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Are you using a custom kernel by any chance? If so, I'd revert to stock and see if that helps. I've seen some very weird issues caused by kernel bugs.

Nope.. rooted, ART, everything else stock.

Never experienced that issue. Before a factory reset I would try clearing data for the dialer app.

Already tried that. Cache too. Just saw something about clearing data for Google Play so I wiped Services and Store, we'll see if it helps. Seems like those shouldn't be related though.

I have had this intermittent problem since I received the phone shortly after release. If I remember correctly people seem to think it has something to do with being connected to LTE while receiving an incoming call

Factory reset did not help.

I've had LTE in my area for a long time, and never experienced this on my N5. I will try disabling LTE if the latest troubleshooting doesn't help. I also saw other reports that factory resets don't help, so I'm trying to avoid that hassle. Makes me think its hardware or network-related, but that seems strange. The phone rings and the incoming call screen comes up, but no matter where I flick the icon to -- answer, decline, or text -- the screen remains and the phone keeps ringing. Strangely, the text message does appear to go through if I choose that option.

-Mike

Nope.. rooted, ART, everything else stock.

Already tried that. Cache too. Just saw something about clearing data for Google Play so I wiped Services and Store, we'll see if it helps. Seems like those shouldn't be related though.

I've had LTE in my area for a long time, and never experienced this on my N5. I will try disabling LTE if the latest troubleshooting doesn't help. I also saw other reports that factory resets don't help, so I'm trying to avoid that hassle. Makes me think its hardware or network-related, but that seems strange. The phone rings and the incoming call screen comes up, but no matter where I flick the icon to -- answer, decline, or text -- the screen remains and the phone keeps ringing. Strangely, the text message does appear to go through if I choose that option.

-Mike

exactly the same for me. Hasn't happened in a while tho. Fingers crossed....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk