Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Still no 16:9 option it seems.  I am disappointed about that, but otherwise welcome it being a standalone app that can be updated often.

• Like 2

Still no 16:9 option it seems. I am disappointed about that, but otherwise welcome it being a standalone app that can be updated often.

I'd like to see the shutter button actually have defined edges instead of being a big empty mass

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Still no 16:9 option it seems.  I am disappointed about that, but otherwise welcome it being a standalone app that can be updated often.

Why do you want a 16:9 option?

When people use that mode for vertical images.... aghhh

I'm glad the app tells users to not make vertical videos. Apple needs to disable vertical video in their phones.

• Like 4

Why do you want a 16:9 option?

When people use that mode for vertical images.... aghhh

I'm glad the app tells users to not make vertical videos. Apple needs to disable vertical video in their phones.

Not that I prefer to shoot that way, I just like having it as an option.  I don't print photos much anymore and since most displays are 16:9, why not?

You can enable manual exposure in advanced settings.

Is their idea of "manual exposure" simply making exposure compensation available? ? That is an insult to photographers everywhere. Don't call it manual exposure if that is the case.

Stahp teasing use Google and release it alreadyxD.

• Like 1

Google is seriously teasing us right now, and probably getting off on it

I figured they all just used Google glass to fap at work, its not like the boss can see your screen with them. Plug in some headphones and you're good to go!:P

• Like 3

Not that I prefer to shoot that way, I just like having it as an option.  I don't print photos much anymore and since most displays are 16:9, why not?

androidpolice.com did an apk teardown of the camera app and there's an advanced camera setting that looks like it should be able to do it: http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/04/16/apk-teardown-advanced-camera-mode-photo-sphere-live-wallpaper-and-more-hiding-in-google-camera/

• Like 2

I don't know what is going on but I can not find the google camera in the play store. Is it a third party app?

It came up for me automatically when I loaded up the play store, should already be under the my apps section of the store for you.

I wish they would do that too!!!  I could see those iphone users..  "what?  turn it side ways?  that would put me in the video?!?!  stupid apple!"

• Like 3

http://imgur.com/a/ggKTx#cMmdmLN

I just noticed an update or change to my camera, I was able to get these 2 screens & a picture of the cat,  fun while trying to bring up the plane sim style aim and screenshot while partying with friends on an international g+ hangout. Thought maybe was an 4.4.3 but no, still neat. Unless I stumbled across a view I just never found before. 

Does anyone else think Sprint was somehow confused with Googles dogfooding? According to http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/04/09/rumor-google-starts-early-dogfooding-of-android-4-4-3-public-release-expected-in-coming-weeks/ they released to 1% of internal employees the week before Sprints supposed release date. Wouldn't Google invest more time than a few days on rolling out the product internally for testing?