Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

You can use Nova or Apex or many other 3rd party launchers. Some of them even give you the option to hide apps for free :D

Yea, I know about 3rd party launchers, Hololauncher being my preferred launcher and which is on my S4. :) I already have it installed on the N5 but I haven't started using it b/c I wanted to give myself the chance to try out the Nexus experience and see if I can get used to it. :P

I do not have SERO and still have not connected to LTE. Sitting at my desk now where my EVO 4G LTE, the worst LTE performer in the universe, would have 2 solid bars.

Very concerning, not sure if the phone needs to go back or if it is on Sprints end, or how to find out the answer.

Thx but I already knew about that option. Basically what I wanna do is hide some apps inside the app drawer b/c I already have shortcuts to those apps on the homescreen, Pie Control, and Swipepad. I don't wanna filter thru apps inside the drawer when I already made shortcuts already.

For instance, on my S4 and Hololauncher, my app drawer shows only about 25 out of my 120 apps, the rest being set as shortcuts thru Pie, Swipepad, and/or folders on the homescreens and docks.

How do you add the Debug and Testing shortcuts?

1. Download Any Cut.
  2. Long press a spot on a home screen and select Widgets.
  3. Select Any Cut, then hold and drag the shortcut to the desired spot.
  4. Select Activity, then scroll down and select Debug.
  5. Repeat the same steps but select Testing (or other internal screen APK, such as RTN).

AJ

• Like 5

I am up in Boston, but this does answer my question.  I am still waiting 2-3 weeks for my N5 and was curious how many are having problems, and if there was a pattern.  Sero, Engineering screen, etc.

I'm in Boston - no more issues.  Everything works fine.  There was only one issue, which was 32GB black nexus 5's not having their MEID loaded into sprint, which sprint promptly fixed.

I do not have SERO and still have not connected to LTE. Sitting at my desk now where my EVO 4G LTE, the worst LTE performer in the universe, would have 2 solid bars.

Very concerning, not sure if the phone needs to go back or if it is on Sprints end, or how to find out the answer.

Do two things -

1) Make sure that the ICCID on your SIM matches the ICCID listed under www.sprint.com/activate (start to activate a new phone and it will list the MEID and ICCID - make sure those match your phone).

2) Update profile (Settings, Wireless & networks More..., Mobile networks, Carrier settings, Update Profile)

Anyone that is having LTE issues needs to make sure the proper MEID and ICCIDs are registered on Sprints end by checking what sprint has registered on their sprint account under "activate new phone" and needs to update their profile once they have confirmed the MEID and ICCID are correct.

• Like 4

I'm in Boston - no more issues.  Everything works fine.  There was only one issue, which was 32GB black nexus 5's not having their MEID loaded into sprint, which sprint promptly fixed.

Do two things -

1) Make sure that the ICCID on your SIM matches the ICCID listed under www.sprint.com/activate (start to activate a new phone and it will list the MEID and ICCID - make sure those match your phone).

2) Update profile (Settings, Wireless & networks More..., Mobile networks, Carrier settings, Update Profile)

Anyone that is having LTE issues needs to make sure the proper MEID and ICCIDs are registered on Sprints end by checking what sprint has registered on their sprint account under "activate new phone" and needs to update their profile once they have confirmed the MEID and ICCID are correct.

Thanks. I've done the above, they match and I've even had LTE working for maybe 20 minutes, but it's since gone away and hasn't come back. I've repeated the process several times and can't get it back. This is known LTE signal area.

Thanks. I've done the above, they match and I've even had LTE working for maybe 20 minutes, but it's since gone away and hasn't come back. I've repeated the process several times and can't get it back. This is known LTE signal area.

Have you tried cleaning your SIM card with an eraser (the contacts)?

Have you tried updating profile over wifi?

Is your Network Mode on LTE?

• Like 1

Thanx.  I will have a new SIM for the phone, so I can make sure all the numbers match Sprint.  

Do two things -

Do two things -

Same here done this several times. Even called Sprint to make sure the ICCID was properly activated. Still not a single drop of LTE anywhere.

Have you tried cleaning your SIM card with an eraser (the contacts)?

Have you tried updating profile over wifi?

Is your Network Mode on LTE?

Actually this brings up a question...under Network Mode mine is currently set to Global however LTE/3G are functioning as expected...should I set this to LTE?

• Like 1

My observations of the first night;

+ n5 seems to hold a fringe lte signal and provides a more consistent connection than my note 2. My note2 would randomly drop in/out of lte at my house, the n5 seemed to hold a constant and usable lte connection.

- there seems to be some kind of hand-off issues or other problems that cause LTE not to be held in moving vehicles. My note 2 would retain lte over 90% of my commute, the n5 dropped lte after I left my home tower area and did not get it back until I was at a stoplight nearing work.

- coming from the note 2, the battery life is going to be painful. I plan to pick up 2 or 3 wireless chargers.

+ loving kitkat and it hasn't slowed down for anything I've tried yet

+ it shows LTE on the status bar instead of 4g

+- it feels light and comfortable and while the back is a little grippy, the black plastic bezel around the side of the screen is slick plastic and feels like it could be easily dropped if not careful (but of course what isn't).

- speaker volume could be alot louder. its easy to cover the speaker vent and there are no other holes for the sound to escape to that exasperates the problem.

I assume all of you having problems with connecting/activating have rebooted the phone after putting the SIM in, right?

After they switched the phone info into the sprint system and put in the sim card, it doesn't activate until you reboot and then goes through hands free activation.

Same here done this several times. Even called Sprint to make sure the ICCID was properly activated. Still not a single drop of LTE anywhere.

so its not just me having LTE issues....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I assume all of you having problems with connecting/activating have rebooted the phone after putting the SIM in, right?

After they switched the phone info into the sprint system and put in the sim card, it doesn't activate until you reboot and then goes through hands free activation.

Yes, in pretty sure everyone not getting LTE, including myself, have activated properly as we're getting voice/3G.

so its not just me having LTE issues....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Correct :P

Edited by Shiki8

I am pretty sure this phone doesn't like being in cars and going from tower to tower.  This morning coming to work (35 mile trip) at highway speeds it was going all over the place to where to actually dropped the data network and wouldn't reconnect.  I had to reboot the phone to get data again.  What worries me is if you read about the LG G2 they have very similar issues with LTE and radio signals in general.

So far it seems battery life has been worse than my EVO LTE. Maybe i need to drain it past 50% to get the battery indicator to be more accurate. I believe the EVO LTE had a 2100 mah battery, so i should be seeing better life or the same.

So far it seems battery life has been worse than my EVO LTE. Maybe i need to drain it past 50% to get the battery indicator to be more accurate. I believe the EVO LTE had a 2100 mah battery, so i should be seeing better life or the same.

That's interesting. The EVO LTE used to give me great battery life. I would get near 16 hours or usage.

It is a new phone and generally the batteries aren't the best when you first get them.

-Luis

What happens when you go to *#*#4636#*#* and select LTE only?

LTE is working, both visually and functionally, but it says"searching for service" when I do the two finger pull down. Also worth noting, would be everything is disconnected in signal check, but again my data is indeed working with LTE.

Edit - Obviously this is after doing what you suggested.

Edit 2 - Turning back to LTE/CDMA auto, requires a reboot or turn off/turn on of the radio to get voice back and LTE is gone after doing so lol

Edited by Shiki8

I am pretty sure this phone doesn't like being in cars and going from tower to tower.  This morning coming to work (35 mile trip) at highway speeds it was going all over the place to where to actually dropped the data network and wouldn't reconnect.  I had to reboot the phone to get data again.  What worries me is if you read about the LG G2 they have very similar issues with LTE and radio signals in general.

Mine should be coming from Sprint in the next couple days. And I'll give mine until the return period, but if it still has radio or LTE issues, it will be going back.

What happens when you go to *#*#4636#*#* and select LTE only?

No service.

Should we start a separate thread for LTE issues only? I have tried everything including swapping sims and flashing the two older modem files posted at xda. The threads at sprint have gone quiet which isn't a good sign. It has to either be regional or a hardware problem at this point.

• Like 2