Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

A leaked copy of that memo that customers could print out and take to the stores with them would be golden right now. Not to be a jerk with but simply to help inform the front line staff so that they might be able to help us once they read it.

I posted that on the other thread.

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2013

ASC.jpg

INFORMATIONAL

Nexus 5 By Google
Sprint and LG Electronics USA announced Nexus 5 from Google will be available from Sprint beginning Friday, 11-8-13, for $149.99 (16GB version) after a $50 mail-in rebate via reward card with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement or $18.75 per month with Sprint One Up (excluding taxes).

The Nexus 5 will be available in all sales channels, including Sprint Stores, Web Sales and Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1). Customers can pre-order the device beginning Friday, 11-1-13, by visiting www.sprint.com/nexus5.

The sleek, powerful new LG tri-band capable device featuring Android 4.4 will allow users to take advantage of Sprint Spark technology for improved 4G LTE speed and capacity

The full press release is available on Sprint.com.

Note: Google Play Stores and UICC Cards

• Preferred Retailers with an ASC
    • Google Play stores will be selling 16GB & 32GB Google Nexus 5 in their stores.
    • These devices are un-kitted and require a Sprint 4G UICC card in order to activate Sprint service.
    • These ESN's will be recognized by Sprint.
    • Since stores may not have inventory of these UICC cards we are going to ship 5 4G UICC cards (SKU = 760492013536) at no charge to each Preferred Retailer with an ASC.
    • This will allow you to insert the card and activate the device for the customer.
    • All locations should expect these UICC cards to arrive by or before the 11-8-13 launch of the device.
  • Dealers with No ASC
  • Sprint suggests Dealers with no ASC to send these customers to Sprint Corporate Owned Stores or Preferred Retailer ASC locations.
  • Standard activation commissions apply.
  • Sprint will also have these available in Ingram soon for Dealers to purchase as needed.
  • Like 1

LMAO... That document also states that 32gb models in essence by there own volition should be in system! SO if nothing is rectified by the 8th then can hell rain down on sprint then! A pass for now till things are sorted out? My 32 comes tomorrow so it would be amaze balls if i could get it working out the box! 

Hearing battery life is mediocre at best according to android central. Not up to par with the G2 or Note 3 in that respect but I didn't think it would be anyway. They say its up to par with the Nexus 4 or slightly better.

Hearing battery life is mediocre at best according to android central. Not up to par with the G2 or Note 3 in that respect but I didn't think it would be anyway. They say its up to par with the Nexus 4 or slightly better.

So far its blowing my brothers Nexus 4 away (but thats not saying much)..and slightly better than my rooted HTC One with modded battery saving kernel. All stock. 

Edited by nexgencpu
  • Like 2

Why don't everyone shut up and stop complaining about all the misinformation that's out there. Sprint has not even begun officially selling the phone and early adopters should not expect service til the 8th.

Until the 8th comes and go, everything one hears is to be taken with a grain of salt.

Sent from my SPH-D710

So, I'm not trying to stir up trouble and things, but I'm honestly curious, as I feel the opposite.  Why do you think it's acceptable to have to wait until the 8th, and why should we, with device in hand that has not broken street date, not expect to be able to get service until the 8th?

Sprint not selling the phone yet is, imo, immaterial.  Google is selling the phone.  Sprint has claimed they'll support it.  I guess I'm just curious, as I've seen a few people echo this sentiment.

Don't get me wrong, if I have to wait, I'll wait, and I'll be happy when I'm able to use it, I'm just curious what your reasoning is.

Posted this in the earlier thread - Gizmodo actually seemed to think the battery is pretty good...

While it's only been a few days, we're happy to report that battery life has been solid thus far. Naturally, it's nowhere near the Droid Maxx, but even with fairly heavy usage I typically made it to 1am with 15-percent left in the tank. We'll continue to test this and will update if there are any significant findings. Reception has been solid (testing in and around L.A.).

The Verge thought it was inconsistent.

During our time with the Nexus 5, it's been hard to get a real grip on how its battery truly operates. One day, it lasts less than eight hours of only moderate use. The next, more than 16.

So far its blowing my brothers Nexus 4 away..and slightly better than my rooted HTC One with modded battery saving kernel. All stock. 

Awesome

So, I'm not trying to stir up trouble and things, but I'm honestly curious, as I feel the opposite.  Why do you think it's acceptable to have to wait until the 8th, and why should we, with device in hand that has not broken street date, not expect to be able to get service until the 8th?

Sprint not selling the phone yet is, imo, immaterial.  Google is selling the phone.  Sprint has claimed they'll support it.  I guess I'm just curious, as I've seen a few people echo this sentiment.

Don't get me wrong, if I have to wait, I'll wait, and I'll be happy when I'm able to use it, I'm just curious what your reasoning is.

Sprint is offering the service to customers on Nov 8. Sprint & Google has an agreement to support the Nexus 5 device in one unlocked model and that agreement allowed Sprint to officially offer service on November 8. As such, one expects training, system configuration, and distribution of equipment & information in the days preceding that date, Instead people are complaining 4 days out on a monday to front line employees who definitely have not been trained and when the system have obviously not been fully updated.

When Sprint officially launches the N5 on the 8th then it's expected that the rank and file are informed and trained of the procedures and the system is updated to accept the devices. That is the point when those who got it on the play store can legitimately complain as the Sprint advertises that they'll have the Nexus 5 as part of it's "Spark" lineup and accept N5's from the play store. 

• Like 6

I don't want to try to activate it without the SIM in case something happens, I need my phone in the morning.

I was just going to use the website tomorrow. It already shows up on my account to activate a SIM, that wasn't there until they shipped my SIM card.

My question is can it compete with the G2 in the battery department?

Why would it?...same battery tech, 700mAh less. So no..But compared to your typical GS4 or HTC One, it can easily stand toe to toe and even best those devices.

So "Blue" on the sprint community forum has advised folks with a 32GB model and a valid sim card to private message him ---> https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/lg/nexus-5/blog/2013/10/31/sprint-product-ambassadors-nexus-5--gimme-some-of-that-kitkat

Take this as you will. In other news, it looks like my SIM card went out to lunch, took a nap, and is now leaving for your Nations Capital... a day longer than it really should:

Louisville, KY, United States 11/04/2013 11:43 P.M. Departure Scan   11/04/2013 3:38 P.M. Arrival Scan   11/04/2013 2:57 P.M. Departure Scan   11/04/2013 1:52 P.M. Origin Scan