Google Nexus 5 by LG Users Thread!

nexgencpu

Mine was to be delivered today but UPS delivers while I'm teaching so I called to have it held for pickup. Turns out I had to drive all the way to Homestead! UPS doesn't have a facility in Miami?

Anyways, this thing is a beauty. Both the hardware and Android 4.4

• Like 2

Not here to brag but perhaps help others...went to the Sprint store today and asked if they had replacement sim cards for the galaxy s4 (didn't even mention the nexus 5).  He went to the back and came out and said success.  I just need the phone itself to tie the sim card to the phone IMEI.  I said no problem and took out the nexus 5.  I reassured the guy it would work.  He scanned the IMEI off the box and scanned the SIM card.  After tieing the 2 together he swapped phones on my account.  Within 20 minutes I was walking out with a Nexus 5 with full Sprint service.  This was with a 16GB nexus 5 not a 32GB.  Apparently he thought the sim cards for the s4 and htc one didn't work.  He was under the belief there was a special sim card for the nexus 5.  After he was finished he was happy and I was happy.  Hope this helps others!

• Like 9

My 16gb version refuses to activate. Got the sprint chat message after making the change in my account. The device tries to activate after a reboot but it won't. And Sprint chat was useless

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

My 16gb version refuses to activate. Got the sprint chat message after making the change in my account. The device tries to activate after a reboot but it won't. And Sprint chat was useless

Two questions:

1) do you have a fresh UICC SIM (barcode that says 760492013536)

2) Are you entering the MEID (which is the IMEI minus the last digit)

Not here to brag but perhaps help others...went to the Sprint store today and asked if they had replacement sim cards for the galaxy s4 (didn't even mention the nexus 5).  He went to the back and came out and said success.  I just need the phone itself to tie the sim card to the phone IMEI.  I said no problem and took out the nexus 5.  I reassured the guy it would work.  He scanned the IMEI off the box and scanned the SIM card.  After tieing the 2 together he swapped phones on my account.  Within 20 minutes I was walking out with a Nexus 5 with full Sprint service.  This was with a 16GB nexus 5 not a 32GB.  Apparently he thought the sim cards for the s4 and htc one didn't work.  He was under the belief there was a special sim card for the nexus 5.  After he was finished he was happy and I was happy.  Hope this helps others!

This was my thoughts exactly. halcyoncmdr posted this last month that shows which sim cards go to which phones. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtNVEqz3vqzmdDNiMnozYnB2V1VSdVpGVmNVNlNiRWc&usp=sharing#gid=0

I got that error message earlier trying to activate a Kyocera Torque. 

Used the previously posted chat link and have a 3FF SIM card (SKU = 760492013536) on the way. 

By the time I get my 32GB Black N5 all the bumps will have been smoothed over, eh?  ;)

I'm late to the party, initial shipping time for me is 3-4 weeks.

I wanted a tri-band, and I'll probably give the S4 to the GF's kiddo as his S3 is acting up (hard to turn on and off, intermittently can't hear callers).  In the mean time still can use the S4 and the (now) old Verizon Rezound. 

I am thinking of replacing a GS3 with this device and possibly wait for a Note 4 triband. Since my screen is cracked a I see no reason to pay 150.00 for an old phone when I can pay 349 for a new and not e ited to Sprint or any other carrier if I so choose.

I am thinking of getting a 32g version, and have read the threads of why most went with a 16g N5.

Two questions:

1) do you have a fresh UICC SIM (barcode that says 760492013536)

2) Are you entering the MEID (which is the IMEI minus the last digit)

reused my old sim off a galaxy s4 found the update profile optoin in settings and that did the trick

My 32gb Black model showed up on my doorstep when I got home. Activating on T-Mobile was easy: just popped out the SIM from the Nexus 4, put it in the Nexus 5, and started the phone. It asked for WiFi info, then it decided to download a 125 MB update. Pretty standard setup process.

This is pretty awesome; here's what shows up under "Available networks" with my T-Mobile SIM from the Nexus 4 installed:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zakqx1u690g5nn/2013-11-05%2000.20.33.png

One of these things is not like the others... I wonder what it'll do if I tell it to connect to Sprint?

No evidence of LTE right here (not particularly surprising, although there is apparently some T-Mobile LTE around Macon and I live in a HSPA+ area where LTE was/is supposedly an "easy upgrade"); I'll drive around a bit this evening and see if I can get it to connect to LTE somewhere Sensorly shows T-Mobile purple.

Got tracking info for my Sprint SIM today; not showing an ETA yet but UPS Ground from Lexington to Macon is allegedly two days. Hopefully by then the MEID issues will be fixed and I'll be able to activate online, put the SIM back in the Nexus 4, and put my Evo out of its misery.

Good to know that it's easy & simple with a T-Mobile SIM card. According to UPS, the phone will be delivered tomorrow. :D. I'll post some screenshots of the T-Mobile LTE in action once it's all set up.

reused my old sim off a galaxy s4 found the update profile optoin in settings and that did the trick

Watch out with that, Robert used his sim from his Zing and it ended up locking his sim.

This thing is crushing my htc one according to signal check numbers

Is yours displaying the 1x stats? Cause for whatever reason its only showing LTE. BTW yes...KILLING my HTC One. Edited by nexgencpu
  • Like 3

Good to know that it's easy & simple with a T-Mobile SIM card. According to UPS, the phone will be delivered tomorrow. :D. I'll post some screenshots of the T-Mobile LTE in action once it's all set up.

Definitely getting T-Mobile LTE in Warner Robins, and SignalCheck is showing GCI and PCI as well as the fallback GSM info. My cheesy app is also showing the TAC (but is occasionally crashing, so I need to figure out why).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This thing is crushing my htc one according to signal check numbers 

Curious to see it up against the S3, S4, or Note2 if you have one to compare or know someone with one.  The HTC One I toyed wasn't that great compared to them, kinda like the EVO LTE but not as bad.

Watch out with that, Robert used his sim from his Zing and it ended up locking his sim.

thanks, i logged into my account on sprint.com and the device shows up in my list of devices, i can make calls and receive texts. I believe its fully active. But 3g data significantly slower than my htc one..... I mean like deathly slow. almost nonexistent  

edit: update must have been a glitch or something... just did a speed test. on 3G - 1.65Mbps down .88Mbps up

• Like 1

Is yours displaying the 1x stats? Cause for whatever reason its only showing LTE. BTW yes...KILLING my HTC One.

Did anyone post up the engineering screen shots yet? LTE, EVDO, 1X, etc..the typical.  Can you force it to EVDO or 1X only without rebooting?  You'd probably have to know your MSL though.

Did anyone post up the engineering screen shots yet? LTE, EVDO, 1X, etc..the typical.  Can you force it to EVDO or 1X only without rebooting?  You'd probably have to know your MSL though.

As soon as I get home I will look deeper into the engineering screen. I bet somebody will beat me to it.

thanks, i logged into my account on sprint.com and the device shows up in my list of devices, i can make calls and receive texts. I believe its fully active. But 3g data significantly slower than my htc one..... I mean like deathly slow. almost nonexistent  

Ok, I think you are fine as long as it shows up there.

And sprint comes clean:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

At this time, we are only supporting the 16GB Nexus 5. The system is/will not recognize the serial number for any device outside of that. I deeply do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. www.sprint.com/newsroon is a great place to stay on top of updates, should there be any.

Zena

Social Care Team

• Like 1