Russian blogger claims to possess Samsung Galaxy SIII, hints April Release.

pyroscott

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 24 January 2012

Eldar Murtazin, the Russian tech blogger claims that the Samsung Galaxy SIII will be announced at the MWC in Barcelona in February and hit shelves by April. I'm sure this is the European release and the US will see the device at a later date, but this is some of the more credible rumors that have come out about the device. According to phonearena.com article

"Samsung Galaxy S III rumored to go on sale in April: HD screen, quad-core processor, 12-megapixel camera, running ICS" Murtazin tweeted “HD resolution, 12 mpx camera, sw tweaks, android 4 - i like my new phone. Eager to see official announcement in Barcelona.”

He didn't come out and say anything specific about the processor, but hinted at a quad core in the 1.5-1.6 GHz range. Let's hope Samsung pairs this performance with a RAZR MAXX sized battery.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 1 February 2012

I guess ol Eldar is wrong on this one. He's kinda hit or miss with his projections. Looks like the GSlll is going to skip the MWC and be announced sometime this summer. Who knows when the release date will be, however, it will tie into Sprints LTE deployment quite nicely.

http://www.bgr.com/2012/02/01/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-announcement-to-come-later-than-expected/