Phone Stuck on Cell Tower?

matt7701

I noticed something strange this week.  About five time when I would travel from Greensburg to Pittsburgh in PA, my phone still thinks it is connected to the Greensburg tower(1x 800 and it doesn't travel that far).  The only solution is to reset the phone, then it operates normally.  The question is; Why wont the phone roam correctly when I travel back to Pittsburgh?  What causes a phone to be stuck on a certain tower.

I noticed something strange this week.  About five time when I would travel from Greensburg to Pittsburgh in PA, my phone still thinks it is connected to the Greensburg tower(1x 800 and it doesn't travel that far).  The only solution is to reset the phone, then it operates normally.  The question is; Why wont the phone roam correctly when I travel back to Pittsburgh?  What causes a phone to be stuck on a certain tower.

What are you looking at that says you're still on the Greensburg site?

What causes a phone to be stuck on a certain tower.

Glue, duct tape, possibly pine tar or other adhesives.

AJ

• Like 8

Glue, duct tape, possibly pine tar or other adhesives.

AJ

Could be.  But it happened yesterday again the 3g icon was active constantly and there was only one bar.  No internet, calls or messaging available until phone reset.

Did you try taking the phone with you?  If you leave the phone in Greensburg, it doesn't matter where you travel; the phone will likely stay on the Greensburg tower. I say this because AJ already said what I was going to say. 

You could try doing a PRL update instead of a reset and see if that does anything.   

While the handset is certainly malfunctioning, I am not sure that I believe it is "stuck" on a site in Greensburg.  We would need to see engineering screenshots of PN offsets or BSIDs.

AJ

While the handset is certainly malfunctioning, I am not sure that I believe it is "stuck" on a site in Greensburg.  We would need to see engineering screenshots of PN offsets or BSIDs.

AJ

Thats what I was thinking, proof!

I dont have a screenshot however I have this info today. 1 bar and 3gicon active. I am currently in pittsburgh now and cannot make calls or use internet(reset has fixed).

1x800

-103dbm eclo -11.5

sid,22427 nid,212

773 sector2

sprint

148 lincoln hwy